shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Comments for Amusement World!

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Sep 24, 12 1:24 AM
I can't help it.... I am "sucked in" by the carnival games.... this appears to be a good, family friendly game as well... your comments...?

Re:Comments for Amusement World!

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 24, 12 1:33 AM
Not a game for me. I hate to pop the balloons.

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on Sep 24, 12 2:31 AM
you are soooooooo right shadowfax44 its nice to see a game thats fun for alli was hooked from get gonice to see this kind of game the balloons is just one of many things you do&look for dont want to give away to much.hope this dev comes back with moore gamesthat are bright fun and well made its nice to know there are dev out there who make games like this it shows they dont have to be dark /ocult every time imho have fun fishes off to buy then to bed why it d/l my cat is telling me its time for those with fur babys you know what i mean joey

Edited on 09/24/2012 at 2:32:56 AM PST

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Sep 24, 12 3:08 AM
It looks like the game creator had started a thread for questions and it got locked without explanation. Kinda weird.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 24, 12 3:25 AM
snapnhiss wrote:It looks like the game creator had started a thread for questions and it got locked without explanation. Kinda weird.

The only locked thread I see has been created by Flounder and it's from the 27th August. Looks like this particular thread was from the MAC forum only? Did the MAC version come out first? And then it was added here, but locked.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Sep 24, 12 3:42 AM
You're probably right, it just seems strange that the thread was locked without an explanation, especially since it appears it was being used as a vendor question and answer area.

[Post New]by HeadRightGames on Sep 24, 12 11:40 AM
Hi all,

I'll be happy to answer any questions about Amusement World! on this thread.

Thanks.

~HRG

chiari_survivor
Catfish
Catfish
1,506 Posts

[Post New]by chiari_survivor on Sep 24, 12 1:34 PM
HeadRightGames wrote:Hi all,

I'll be happy to answer any questions about Amusement World! on this thread.

Thanks.

~HRG

Thanks for coming and joining us in the pond HeadRightGames . We always love it when developers come and answer any questions we may have.

I've read many encouraging posts that this is a great family friendly game and I did play the demo and liked what I've seen so far. I'm looking for a game to play with our 4 y/o grandson. Loved that there was the option to play timed or un-timed. I was wondering what other carnival games are included? So far I had found the various ticket searches, Hidden object, pop the balloon bean bag toss with joker, tea cups, merry go round. Another concern I have is the caution given for flashing lights..it's suppose to be in reference to the last part of the park. If this causes me health issues from strobe lights or nausea from motion sickness will we still be able to advance or will we basically lose and not be able to finish the game? Also if a type of game comes up that we can not advance from the small medium large or work up to the third level. Any help or listing of the kinds of mini-games offered is appreciated. Once again thank you so much for coming to the pond ands
chiari_survivor

[Post New]by HeadRightGames on Sep 24, 12 2:06 PM
Hi chiari,

The flashing lights are just a little bit of thunder and lightning. They only appear briefly during certain sequences in the last chapter, and are not a constant visual.

I don't think these will cause any motion sickness (I suffer from the motion sickness curse myself). I also think that they are so infrequent and quick that they shouldn't be a major concern for any seizure-related issues.

Please keep me informed how the flashing lights come across to you, so we can be conscious of things like this in the future.

Thanks!

~HRG

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Sep 24, 12 2:48 PM
I absolutely hated this game from the first balloon pop. The "hidden" things like gumdrops, tickets, etc are so obscure and as has been mentioned, you must complete all three levels of balloon pop to proceed. There's really no adventure, mystery or anything. Wouldn't take it if they gave it away.

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Sep 24, 12 3:12 PM
Thanks to the dev for coming to the forum.

This is a bright, pretty game. I found the characters to be a bit too juvenile for my taste, but I can see that this could be a good game to play with a child, though the challenges could be too difficult for small children. Given that at least younger children will need to play with an adult, I think that some of the tasks may be problematic for the older player.

I succeeded at both "Pop the Balloons" and Joker Toss", but I found "Pop" especially difficult, and my forearm was sore when I finished. "Joker Toss" was fine. Something to keep in mind though, devs, is that the majority of members here are middle-aged or older women; in general, they are not fans of timers, at least in games of this type. Also, given that demographic, the gumdrops and tickets could have been larger - I was able to find them, but I play with a magnifying glass.

All in all, although I do like the look of this game, I will be passing on it. After "Pop the Balloons" I have no great confidence in my ability to keep winning the arcade games. That said, I do look forward to your next effort - at least you have given us a venue other than a haunted house/asylum/castle filled with ghosts//the criminally insane/vampires, LOL. Read all the reviews and comments, and get out there and give us another game!

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Sep 24, 12 5:26 PM
I bought the game while I was still in chapter one, the graphics were so pretty....then I got to chapter 2.....was sorry then that I bought it....I absolutely hated chapter 2, didn't even finish it....don't know if I want to even want to go on....are the next 2 chapters better, if not, I am just going to delete the game and chalk it up to another mistake made on my part and money gone down the drain.....

BGamer22
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by BGamer22 on Sep 25, 12 1:34 AM
dianna925, did you try to play Balloon Popz on Casual mode? From my time playing, there is a definite difference in the goals and speed on Casual mode. I believe you only need to reach one star on Small, Medium, and Large (on either mode) to progress to the next level/end of the game.

tak582
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by tak582 on Sep 25, 12 2:19 AM
I thought this game looked like it was going to be fun, until the pop the balloons game. I am so tired of all the dark games, I was really looking forward to playing it. I played in casual, and won the first game. Then after several tries at the medium prize, I gave up and deleted the game. There should have been a skip or some other way to get around this. I am very disappointed in this as I was so hoping. I look for the lighter games here, I only play hidden object and match 3. Oh well, let's hope the developers put out another one like this with some improvements.

[Post New]by HeadRightGames on Sep 25, 12 8:07 AM
Pickles77 wrote:I bought the game while I was still in chapter one, the graphics were so pretty....then I got to chapter 2.....was sorry then that I bought it....I absolutely hated chapter 2, didn't even finish it....don't know if I want to even want to go on....are the next 2 chapters better, if not, I am just going to delete the game and chalk it up to another mistake made on my part and money gone down the drain.....

Hi Pickles,

I hope you give our game another chance. Not sure how far you got into chapter 2, but there are some fun games throughout that chapter, including a Skee-Ball style game called Galaxy Ball and a lot more.

Chapter 3 is called "Plunder Island" and takes you to a pirate themed land with several carnival games and other puzzles and HOGs to solve. And Chapter 4 is called "Haunted Grove" and has you exploring a spooky plantation with a Jack-O-Lantern themed Ferris Wheel, a Haunted House and more. (We had to infuse a little spookiness in the game. ;-)

Let us know what you think of the later chapters!

Thanks.

~HRG

[Post New]by HeadRightGames on Sep 25, 12 8:11 AM
tak582 wrote:I thought this game looked like it was going to be fun, until the pop the balloons game. I am so tired of all the dark games, I was really looking forward to playing it. I played in casual, and won the first game. Then after several tries at the medium prize, I gave up and deleted the game. There should have been a skip or some other way to get around this. I am very disappointed in this as I was so hoping. I look for the lighter games here, I only play hidden object and match 3. Oh well, let's hope the developers put out another one like this with some improvements.

Hi tak,

Sorry to hear about your troubles with the Balloon Popz game. The "secret" to popping the green double hit balloons is throwing 2 darts in rapid succession. This will get them popping a lot easier.

We hope you give it another try.

Thanks.

~HRG

[Post New]by debby2731 on Sep 25, 12 11:33 PM
My daughter and I were really enjoying this game. She cannot wait until I come home from work so we can play for awhile before bed time each day, until we got stuck. There really should be a walk through for this game, because she is very disappointed that we cannot go any further. We just finished the mirror puzzle in Chapter 2 and cannot figure out what to do next. Can anyone please help, I have never seen my little one so disappointed.

Thank you,

BGamer22
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by BGamer22 on Sep 26, 12 9:56 AM
From what I recall, after you have the mirror, you simply take it back to the hero (Mr Titan) who sent you on the mirror quest to begin with.

It happens to us all!!

[Post New]by marief715 on Oct 1, 12 6:18 PM
I am stuck in titanopolis at the laser game.I cant get the large prize. Not sure what im supposed to be doing. I keep shooting and blowing them up but dont know what to do after that

[Post New]by DirtRacr28 on Oct 2, 12 6:53 AM
I am stuck in the second chapter. I cannot find the last pair of sunglasses and the hint button discharges but doesn't give a hint ! I tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling but it's still stuck. I think it is a glitch but nobody else has complained about it so I don't know. It's a shame, I was really enjoying the game !

Go to: