CrazyLatin007
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

Un-recruitable?

[Post New]by CrazyLatin007 on Sep 24, 12 10:23 AM
I'm thinking some animals are un-recruitable, as much as Nestor yelps, I can't seem to recruit any of the following:

- Fish
- Cockroaches
- Regular frogs (the ones scattered on the world map, not the frogmen)
- Regular chickens (the ones scattered on the world map, not the large Coocooroo)
- Badgers
- Snakes
- Beetles

Should I keep trying to recruit any of these or are they truly un-recruitable? Are there anymore un-recruitable characters?

I don't want to waste time in useless tasks.

Edited on 09/24/2012 at 10:32:16 AM PST

ksjp17
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

Re:Un-recruitable?

[Post New]by ksjp17 on Sep 24, 12 10:33 AM
As far as I remember, none of the ones you've listed can be recruited. Certainly the Coocooroo and the bear can be, and once you're in the Big Sequoia, the frogmen and the rosas are recruitable. IIRC, most other enemies you face can be recruited, perhaps all of them.

DannielSquall
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by DannielSquall on Sep 24, 12 11:58 AM
Not all enemies in this game can be recruited in this game. Some of them will be useful to complete quests.

kavestar
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by kavestar on Sep 25, 12 11:42 AM
I am a really high level and finding it imposible to recruit frogmen - are there a certain type you should aim at?

DannielSquall
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by DannielSquall on Sep 25, 12 11:45 AM
I don't think that Frogmen can be recruited.

kavestar
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by kavestar on Sep 25, 12 12:40 PM
I thought someone said they were needed for a quest....So far I have recruited

Fox
Bear
Rosa
Cukurrro (the big hen)

What else can be?

Cheers for all your help...I love these games.

DannielSquall
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by DannielSquall on Sep 25, 12 12:48 PM
As far as I know, you don't need a Frogmen to solve any quest. Also, in Marmarosa, some of those minotaur-like-creature can be recruited, the flame eagle, the zombie in the bunker and others that I don't remember right now.

ksjp17
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by ksjp17 on Sep 25, 12 1:14 PM
You can recruit James the sheep. You get him from the Old Shack which you find on a bit of green between the western edge of the desert and the sea. He is a character which levels up.

You need a Ruins Guardian from Marmarosa to get the item from the prehistoric ruins in the desert.

Other places to visit are Fedorine's Realm, which isn't an obvious place like most of the others; you have to walk around the northern part of the desert. She just hands over her charm. There is the Mouth of Creation which is well worth visiting as you get some excellent items in exchange for ores. finally there's Electra's realm which is down on the south side of the desert, west of the town of Burroughs.

kavestar
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by kavestar on Sep 25, 12 2:59 PM
cheers for the hints on the desert flower, and the minatour monster. I got James and the other ones you can level up
Eli
Rosalyn
James
Evelyn.

If you go back to where you got James there is an anima there. After awhile.

Go to: