bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any E.P.I.C: Wishmaster Adventures technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 25, 12 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any E.P.I.C: Wishmaster Adventures technical issues here only

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Sep 25, 12 4:50 AM
I had to uninstall the game immediately, it messed up my computer and wouldn't play.

seaseaone
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by seaseaone on Sep 25, 12 5:29 AM
This game won't work on my machine either, black screen with a magnified rectangle in the middle. Have uninstalled, re downloaded, restarted the computer and now given up and deleted :-(

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 25, 12 5:31 AM
Hi Fishies,

I am sorry that you have had this trouble!

Have you tried following the advice in the following help article to see if there are any updates that you can run?

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

I would recommend trying that as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement.

If the issues persist after checking out that article, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 09/25/2012 at 5:31:30 AM PST

deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by deejae101 on Sep 25, 12 9:02 AM
After playing the demo, I purchased the game, but when I went to play it, my entire history was gone and I had to start all over! This lends me to believe that I'm afraid I won't be able to quit the game until I'm all finished.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Sep 25, 12 9:25 AM
Hi deejae101,

I'm sorry that your game didn't save after buying it. In this case, what I would do is take a look at the troubleshooting steps in this help article here:

Game Not Saving

Which can help fix this issue in some cases. Then you can always open the game and play for a minute or two, close it and reopen it to test it. That way you haven't progressed too far in the game and you can see if that did the trick. I hope this helps!

However, if your game is still giving you trouble by not saving, even after trying this, please don't hesitate to get in contact with our Customer Support Team and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look into this for you.

How to get in contact with Customer Support

bfgCimarron

[Post New]by tinkcook on Sep 25, 12 11:42 AM
Didn't even get to try the game. Tried installing it and got a message that I needed Adobe Flash, which is ironic since I have already installed the latest version on my pc. Next, it said it couldn't install because I didn't have administrator permissions to install on this pc which is also ironic since I have installed and tried all new games for months.
I know I can go to the help desk and download some of the things it says might help but I figure since I don't have this problem with other games, this one isn't one that I would want on my machine anyway. Sorry, no demo-no sale! Just not worth all the extra trouble since there are lots of other games that I can play and do play without this hassle.
-Sandy

essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by essgee52 on Sep 25, 12 12:04 PM
While playing the game, I Alt-Tabbed to go back to the desktop for a moment, and when I came back to the game there was a small rectangle in the middle of the screen that covered everything behind it. I exited the game, and the rectangle stayed on my screen for several minutes before disappearing. This was a new one on me!

gracehjs
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by gracehjs on Sep 25, 12 2:29 PM
When I run in full screen it is way bigger than my monitor. I cannot see the menu button at all. The hint button shows on my second screen.
I have never had this problem with other games.
Grace

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Sep 25, 12 3:39 PM
Hi gracehjs,

It may help to adjust the screen resolution for your monitor. You can read about how to do that in our help article here.

If that doesn't get everything displaying better, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to take a look at things and work with you directly to get this resolved.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

water and the robot

[Post New]by erinpiper on Sep 25, 12 4:28 PM
I have been trying for at least an hour to pour the 3rd bucket of water for the robot and failing miserably. What else can I do after trying to put water everywhere along the wire and around the robot

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

water and the robot

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Sep 25, 12 5:06 PM
erinpiper wrote:I have been trying for at least an hour to pour the 3rd bucket of water for the robot and failing miserably. What else can I do after trying to put water everywhere along the wire and around the robot

I was doing this also until I clicked on the pump handle and the pump sent water to the robot.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Sep 25, 12 5:08 PM
I have had 2 problems with this game. While trying to get the last cap from the drawer I had to click several times before I could get it. Now I cannot get sand to go into the boot. I have clicked at least 75 x2 and it will not load. I am tired of clicking all over the sand and stuff and not getting anywhere.

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on Sep 25, 12 6:58 PM
essgee52 wrote:While playing the game, I Alt-Tabbed to go back to the desktop for a moment, and when I came back to the game there was a small rectangle in the middle of the screen that covered everything behind it. I exited the game, and the rectangle stayed on my screen for several minutes before disappearing. This was a new one on me!

I had the same problem! I finally uninstalled the game. Going to install again and see what happens.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Sep 25, 12 7:47 PM
bpurdum2 wrote:I have had 2 problems with this game. While trying to get the last cap from the drawer I had to click several times before I could get it. Now I cannot get sand to go into the boot. I have clicked at least 75 x2 and it will not load. I am tired of clicking all over the sand and stuff and not getting anywhere.

I finally finished the game. I zoomed in on the skeleton and when the boot was no longer transparent, clicked. The walkthrough didn't say to zoom in on the skeleton so I was doing a lot of useless clicking.

seajay123
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by seajay123 on Sep 25, 12 9:32 PM
deejae101 wrote:After playing the demo, I purchased the game, but when I went to play it, my entire history was gone and I had to start all over! This lends me to believe that I'm afraid I won't be able to quit the game until I'm all finished.

I just had the same thing happen. I purchased it and everything I accomplished was gone. I do hope this game will save because if not I will want my credit back.I have never run into this before. I am not going to restart tonight because it is late but when I try it tomorrow I am going to see as soon as I can if it will save.

[Post New]by vibberDK on Sep 26, 12 7:45 AM
deejae101 wrote:After playing the demo, I purchased the game, but when I went to play it, my entire history was gone and I had to start all over! This lends me to believe that I'm afraid I won't be able to quit the game until I'm all finished.

Hi,
I also had to start from the beginning again, but it saves fine after installing.
So no fear there :-)

Best wishes

[Post New]by vibberDK on Sep 26, 12 7:52 AM
Hi,
I can't get an electrical eal from the aquarium.
When I first got to the room I could click on it and get a message - but when I needed to cathc one, the game does not reply on the aquarium.
What can I do? Other than start over with a new profile...!?

Best wishes!

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Sep 26, 12 2:17 PM
essgee52 wrote:While playing the game, I Alt-Tabbed to go back to the desktop for a moment, and when I came back to the game there was a small rectangle in the middle of the screen that covered everything behind it. I exited the game, and the rectangle stayed on my screen for several minutes before disappearing. This was a new one on me!

Same thing for me - but it's not disappearing. I need to reboot my computer in order for it to disappear. I am very far advanced in the game and would hate to have to unstall and then reinstall. Any suggestions, BFG?

Thanks!
Gail

Edited on 09/26/2012 at 2:19:41 PM PST

[Post New]by lreid5154 on Sep 26, 12 5:55 PM
I can't even play the demo! Small block in center screen and I can't even exit out. Had to Task Manager exit to end the block. Same issue as other posts I've read. And again NO DEMO NO PURCHASE. I'm not going to tweek my computer as you suggest in HELP. I play all other games no problem and am not going to mess something up trying to play a demo. I suggest BIG FISH do something....

Go to: