bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for E.P.I.C: Wishmaster Adventures

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 25, 12 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of E.P.I.C: Wishmaster Adventures? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the E.P.I.C: Wishmaster Adventures page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for E.P.I.C: Wishmaster Adventures

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 25, 12 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Sep 25, 12 1:15 AM
Played 20 minutes, casual

- 2 modes, casual, expert
- Notebook
- H0, you interact, for me best part of the game as they are quite inventive
- Didn't come across any mini game during the time I demoed
- Hint extremely useful outside H0, shows you the way, gives you tips
- Cartoon graphics outside H0, very good ones in H0

Vessel coming out of the blue and crashing, kidnapping of a young orphan girl looked after by nasty uncle, space monsters to spice the lot. Probably a nice little game but not my cup of tea, got bored after a while.

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Sep 25, 12 1:19 AM
Looked very interesting at first, aliens kidnapping a girl and no car crashes.
The HO scenes were junky and dull so it made my old eyes tire out fast. On the fence about this one. Try it and if others like it maybe I will give it another chance.

Happing gaming everyone!
Joy

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Sep 25, 12 1:30 AM
I agree the HOB scenes are just junkpiles but it added a bit of challenge to be honest. Also the graphics aren't the best but the overall gameplay was, I thought, very good. At last, a game to make you think. It's more adventure than anything and just hard enough to keep me thinking. I enjoyed it, I bought it, hope wife likes it.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Sep 25, 12 1:52 AM
I'll begin by saying that I like the game a lot, and I'm buying it, but it is not going to be for everyone.

What you have here is an adventure game with a lot of emphasis on the point and click style of play, with a few HOS and puzzles thrown in. Fine by me!

Opening in widescreen ( ), the graphics are quite nice----lots of eye candy here. And the graphics in the HOS are good, too.

Speaking of the HOS, they are very, very different with a lot of interactive parts and are difficult to complete----but I found that to be a refreshing change.

The puzzles are a bit difficult as well, and I've not seen puzzles quite like these, either. A good thing.

The story is sci-fi, and totally outrageous, but (for me) that's what makes it fun. You'll have to do a lot of thinking and use the trial-and-error method but there's nothing that can't be figured out. And the hints are good enough to point you in the right direction.

It's obvious a lot of thought went into the creation of this game, with a great deal of attention to detail, and several things not seen before. It stands out from the crowd, so kudos to the devs. As I said at the top, probably not for everyone but isn't that what the free trials are for? Give this one a spin and see what you think.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 25, 12 4:14 AM
What a nice game! HOS are good, yes a little bit junk. Puzzles are good. I love the strange animals. This game is funny.

Thanks BF and devs.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 25, 12 4:35 AM
Afternoon, all...

Well what a nice surprise...

There are 2 gameplay modes.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor.

Your DIARY, which holds clues to puzzles, etc, is at the left.

The HINT button in form of a flower, is at the right.
It works very well (tells you exactly what to do next) outside of the iHOS (interactive hidden objects scenes).

I didn't find the iHOS to be too much of a junk pile. Yes, there are lots of items in the scene, but I had no trouble finding them. BTW, I loved the way I had to move that rotor around in the first HOS, to open up a new HOS. Nicely done, I thought.

The HINT button only takes about 30 seconds to refill in Easy mode.

Puzzles can be skipped. SKIP button also takes only about 30 seconds to fill in Easy mode.

Items in the INVENTORY list can be combined. Try anything and see if it works.

There is no map, no widescreen, no voice-over.

Forgot to mention: When you talk to people, you often get a choice of what to say at the end of a dialogue. The outcome will probably be the same, but it's fun to make a decision, and see how it effects the next stage.

--- --- ---

I am loving this game. It's fun and entertaining, and different enough from what we usually get to call it unique. Love the graphics and gameplay, and it's definitely a buy for me.

Edited on 09/25/2012 at 4:49:16 AM PST

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Sep 25, 12 5:34 AM
Wow, I just purchased this game and it is pretty cool!

We ask for different and this one lives up to that. You really need to use your imagination along with some 'out of the box' thinking.

HO scenes are tiny and cluttered but are not frustrating once you get the hang of them. I posted a tip in comments on how I made them easier to find.

The folks that have reviewed already have pretty much highlighted some of the uniqueness of the game so as not to be redundant I will just say, good reviews, and Thank You for them

If you liked Tiny Bang, City of Fools, Tearstone as examples, and any of the others that are unique, then give this little gem a try. The Dev's clearly put some good thought into the playing of this game. Thank you BF and Dev's

edited or additional comment

Edited on 09/25/2012 at 5:39:45 AM PST

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Sep 25, 12 6:40 AM
I want to thank Tiki's Lab and our Big Fish for bring us such a wonderfu and fun game. The premise of the game may be a little dark but the game itself has a fun fairy tale feel to it. I for one can't find one thing wrong in any part of this game. I hope everyone gives it a try!!!

uglyteacup
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by uglyteacup on Sep 25, 12 7:20 AM

Edited on 09/26/2012 at 1:40:11 AM PST

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Sep 25, 12 9:02 AM
Tried the demo because this seemed to get good reviews....lasted about 5 minutes. Really cartoonish graphics and odd dialog screens....Yuck. Appeared to be an even dumber storyline. Good grief. Sorry guys, but this is not for me. Need something a bit more realistic.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Sep 25, 12 9:08 AM
bessiegirl wrote:Tried the demo because this seemed to get good reviews....lasted about 5 minutes. Really cartoonish graphics and odd dialog screens....Yuck. Appeared to be an even dumber storyline. Good grief. Sorry guys, but this is not for me. Need something a bit more realistic.

Totally agree. Lasted 3 minutes.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Sep 25, 12 9:36 AM
Well what a great 'beyond the norm' game this is , I absolutely love it . I am playing in Expert mode and, even though I haven't finished it yet, I feel as though my money has been very well spent (and that despite having to start a new punchcard so close to the end of the month just to purchase it LOL).

The reviewers above me have all given good ones so there is no need for me to repeat everything except I do want to say that I love the interactiveness of the hidden object scenes although I wish some of the objects had been a bit larger as I had to use the magnifying glass at times.

I have found the hint button to be excellent on the few occasions that I have used it and far better than a walkthrough as you don't accidentally see more than you need . I have enjoyed all the puzzles I have come across so far too and even my speakers are still on with the sounds and music playing quietly in the background as I felt they added to the atmosphere rather than breaking my concentration like most usually do.

More games like this please Devs and BFG ...

Cherb

ETA ...

Thanks for a great game all who were involved in any way whatsoever .

I really enjoyed it and now I will have to play it again in order to get the alternate ending but not immediately or it would be too easy .

Edited on 09/25/2012 at 12:43:41 PM PST

grouchypants
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by grouchypants on Sep 25, 12 9:42 AM
Im on the fence with this game after demo.Had to use hints more then I would like. Wish I knew what tomorrows TGT is. I guess I'll wait .I liked the grahics , not the junk pile HO's .

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Sep 25, 12 10:00 AM
This is a really nice surprise game for a Monday. I did buy the game and find it to be quite fun, although I really HATE the teenie, tiny objects in the HO scenes. The only way I got through the first HOS was continual use of the hint button, and even then could not see the object I was supposed to find. I have said it before - I wish the devs would not just use junkpiles of tiny objects. I think some of devs may take a devlish delight in frustrating the game player. Many seniors play these games and it is very difficult to see very small hidden objects. In some cases, it may hurt sales of the game. Had I not gone ahead and purchased the game before running into the first HOS, I may have skipped this one.

Now that I have vented, I actually like the game and am glad that I ended up getting it with a free credit. It has some great challenges and is proving to be fun. The story is interesting and I am looking forward to how it develops. I am still on the island but look forward to my next challenge.

It is always nice to find a HOG with a bit of the sci-fi twist. Hope we get more of these.

Happy gaming fishies!

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Sep 25, 12 2:04 PM
When I first started playing the game, I was confused and it took me awhile to figure out what I was doing and what I was supposed to do. It is more of an adventure game than HOG. Most of HOG's are junkpiles and different as you have to keep opening things to find the objects. Puzzles aren't too hard and thought for sure I wouldn't enjoy it as much as I did. Will have to ponder on this to figure out if I want it or not. Give it 2 stars out of 5.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Sep 25, 12 2:38 PM
Story line is different for a change. HOGs are junk piles, but a little different game play while in them. Graphics not bad, but could be better..clean and clear. Game play nice, music okay.

Choosing what to say in answer to a question is okay, but don't think it makes a difference on the outcome of the game. At least, it didn't seem to.

This one definitely needs a walkthrough. One move does not give you a hint as to what to do next, or where to go next.

This is not a bad game, but did not make me want to run out and buy it to see what happened next. Did not find it especially fun or challenging, but I'm sure others will. As with all other games, you need to try it for yourself and make up your own mind. Thanks for the reviews.

[Post New]by chocol8tecupcake on Sep 26, 12 1:22 AM
cbtx wrote:I'll begin by saying that I like the game a lot, and I'm buying it, but it is not going to be for everyone.

What you have here is an adventure game with a lot of emphasis on the point and click style of play, with a few HOS and puzzles thrown in. Fine by me!

Opening in widescreen ( ), the graphics are quite nice----lots of eye candy here. And the graphics in the HOS are good, too.

Speaking of the HOS, they are very, very different with a lot of interactive parts and are difficult to complete----but I found that to be a refreshing change.

The puzzles are a bit difficult as well, and I've not seen puzzles quite like these, either. A good thing.

The story is sci-fi, and totally outrageous, but (for me) that's what makes it fun. You'll have to do a lot of thinking and use the trial-and-error method but there's nothing that can't be figured out. And the hints are good enough to point you in the right direction.

It's obvious a lot of thought went into the creation of this game, with a great deal of attention to detail, and several things not seen before. It stands out from the crowd, so kudos to the devs. As I said at the top, probably not for everyone but isn't that what the free trials are for? Give this one a spin and see what you think.

Agree very much. But you need to play for more than 5 or 10 minutes fishies to get involved in the adventure.
Good job devs. Thank you.

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Sep 26, 12 5:34 AM
HOG items are very small. Good graphics and different style of HOGs with lots of drawers, bins etc that can be interactively open and closed. Lots of tasks to complete. A walkthrough would be very much appreciated as the hint didnt charge that fast and its not that straight forward what with combining inventory, finding inventory items, etc

Good storyline, detail drawing etc, really better than average game

Go to: