bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

Strategy for Level 11

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Feb 10, 09 3:14 PM
Level 11 of Loco Mogul is trickier than the other levels in the game because there are only a limited number of trees to make bridges and TNT to make tunnels. Survey as many tiles as you can afford in this level to stockpile these resources. When you are building your railroad try as many different configurations as you can. Just right click to undo already laid track.

You only need 4 train stations to run your train. If you miss a customer or two, don’t worry, you can still run your train. The only drawback is that you’ll be deducted miles that your train has to run for each customer not serviced by a train station. Cover as much space as you can and run your train the same as the other levels.

Good luck!

Re:Strategy for Level 11

[Post New]by katjacookie on Feb 10, 09 3:39 PM
Thanks for the info- I'm usually busted out of money by that point, though. Do you know if there's a strategy guide available somewhere?

Thanks!

stcyhood
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by stcyhood on Feb 11, 09 12:36 AM
Ya, I would like to know if there is a better guide or tutorial somewhere because the in game help is no good for the amount of questions I have for this game. I love the game but keep coming up short for many, many levels and can't seem to quite grasp the concept for many aspects of it. I don't even know if I'm doing it right plus, would love to know how to even get to the 'sandbox' mode or how many levels there are, or how to figure out if I'm building the tracks right, or if buying out investors and/or upgrading the engine, etc., etc.,...

NutMeg1987
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by NutMeg1987 on Feb 11, 09 9:19 AM
*******POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT - READ ONLY IF YOU DON'T MIND SPOILAGE******

I finished the game a little while ago. I didn't get the highest ranking on every level, but got pretty close on the ones I didn't get master on. I posted some of this on another thread, but since I finished it, I'll try to answer a few questions and post some strategy as well.

Okay, first there are 14 regular levels. After that, according to the little conducter dude, "A bonus level is earned for ech investor you bought out." I had bought out all my investers so I had 5 bonus levels. The bonus levels are heavy on the solid gold cars. I can't remember if there were solid golds on level 14. Other than the gold cars, the bonus levels were really not much different to me than the regular levels. Finishing the bonus levels unlocks Sandbox mode. I haven't played it yet so I can't tell you anything about that. Also, you can upgrade your train to be able to pick up a max of 4 cars.

As for strategy, this is what worked for me. You do NOT have to survey all the land or find all the customers. You also do NOT have to give service to all the customers. What I did was uncover enough area to have a least four customers. If there were numbers for undiscovered customers, I would survey a little more, but I didn't try to find everybody. By having fewer customers and a shorter route, you can deliver more cars and make more money with the "miles" you're given. You will be penalized for unserviced customers, but I couldn't really tell a difference in the profit I made. Don't forget as you accumulate cash to buy out investors. I bought out about one a level once I had over $100,000, and also alternated out upgrading my train. If you feel like you've got the money to do both on a level, you can try it and if it doesn't work, you can still start over without doing both.

I can't think of anything else right now to add, but if you have a question I haven't answered, let me know and I will try to help you out. Happy gaming

stcyhood
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by stcyhood on Feb 11, 09 12:01 PM
Oh my gosh, thank you so much for this wonderful info!!! Now I can play with some sort of strategy or plan now... much, much thanks for this!!! I am going to play it now and see what all I can do with it!!!

NutMeg1987
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by NutMeg1987 on Feb 11, 09 3:53 PM
You're very welcome.

A bit more strategy on the higher levels, again bearing in mind the previous info. When you get to the upper levels and have extra money with all investors bought out and train totally upgraded, it doesn't hurt to survey everything just so you can plan a shorter route with max customers.

Poliwird
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Poliwird on Oct 2, 10 5:31 AM
NutMeg1987 wrote:You do NOT have to survey all the land or find all the customers. You also do NOT have to give service to all the customers.
Yeah, but as i suspect, you do NOT have that much fun solving puzzles if you choose to leave half of a puzzle behind :)

While the strategy of picking only 'best' stations and routes seems to be effective indeed, i must notice it's not the only effective and profitable strategy, i've never left a customer unserved and have just finished my first learning game with $1,659k making 'Master' on most levels (at least 'Expert' on all) and without a single money problem. I was planning routes very carefully, making loops and crosses and adding extra stations for shortcuts whenever possible (and necessary), spending money on that mercilessly -- everything paid off, and serving a large network wasn't hard.

I always begin scouting a 8x8 square (leaving border cells covered), customers don't often occupy center of the map so this way i find them all early, and rivers as well, then i can plan my railways. (On higher levels, though, i would uncover all land cells anyway, to get as many trees as the map offers.) Station A is where the train starts, so i always lay first a busy center node with a choice of other functional stations very close to it. I buy off my investors and upgrade the train early (two levels after it becomes available, and i have left 60k-70k to play those levels). No other tricks i would know of by now :)

Edited on 10/02/2010 at 5:34:23 AM PST

Go to: