bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Dreams from the Past technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 26, 12 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

Re:Post any Dreams from the Past technical issues here only

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Sep 26, 12 1:39 AM
Tried to play twice and the game crashed twice with a message to send report to the developer hey ho no game again for me today

barbdesc
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by barbdesc on Sep 26, 12 2:08 AM
I tried a few times to play and game crashed with a message to send report

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 26, 12 2:11 AM
Hi barbdesc,

Welcoem to the Pond!

I am sorry that you have had this trouble, to me, it sounds like your computer and game are not communicating as they should with one another.

The following help article has some general troubleshooting steps that have helped others to resolve similar issues:

Even making a slight adjustment or update as outlined in that article can make a huge difference, so it worth having a look if you have the time.

If those steps don't help or you would like some assistance with these processes, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team.

This will allow Tech Support to provide some advice tailored to your system!

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

jackryan
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by jackryan on Sep 26, 12 2:44 AM
Same here ! Unable to load game, and message to send "Crash_2012-09-26_091508" to game developer !

jackryan
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by jackryan on Sep 26, 12 2:48 AM
Unable to contact developer due to both Pixel Haze sites being under construction !!!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 26, 12 3:04 AM
Hi jackryan,

I am sorry that you are having these issues.

Unfortunately, the Moderation Team are very limited as to the type of technical support we can offer on the Forums.

Hence, the best way for us to get a sense of the error and to able to provide some specific support, is to have you contact our Tech Support Team.

If you have the time, please run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in that mail so that we can start helping you right away.

Thank you for working with us, I hope this is resolved for you soon.

bfgBaikal

MLC60
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by MLC60 on Sep 26, 12 7:08 AM
I don't know if this qualifies as a technical issue, but when I get to te part where I'm supposed to fix the stool so I can get a screwdriver from the shelf, it just peters out. It doesn' crash or kick me out or anything like that; there's just nowhere to go from there, unless I'm missing something. I've started the game over and the same thing happened the second time, which is a shame because I seem to be one of the few people who are enjoying this game. MLC60

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 26, 12 7:26 AM
Hi MLC60,

That does sound like a shame and I am sorry this is spoiling your enjoyment of the game.

I would suggest using the hint, but I know that the hint only works with the HO scenes in this game, and I'm afraid there is no walkthrough I can direct you to.

I would suggest checking each location availble to you just in case you missed something that will prompt progression.

However, if you continue to have trouble, please do get in touch with our Tech Support Team, so we can look into this for you.

I have my fins crossed for you!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 09/26/2012 at 7:26:54 AM PST

[Post New]by irssecretary on Sep 26, 12 9:28 AM
I am having the same crashing problems with this game, I just deleted it.

[Post New]by amalthea1221 on Sep 26, 12 11:15 AM
I am also experiencing the crashing issue. With so many people having this problem, I'm thinking its the game and not the computer.

debbie1001
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by debbie1001 on Sep 26, 12 12:29 PM
I am having crash issue at the beginning of game. See Big Fish page and developers page and then screen goes black with game cursor and blue skip button in right bottom corner and all is locked up. Can't move game cursor have to ctr alt dele to get out of page. have sent mess to tech but no response. This really is a pity. More and more games are crashing like this.

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Sep 26, 12 12:43 PM
Yes I've removed my issue here as I figured it out. There is another whole new location to the game that I didn't realize as I didn't have my mouse over far enough to the right. The location was very hidden for me. I did write back in to customer service to let them know every thing is fine and I've finished the game.

I still think you should have a walk through available for games for the just in case needed especially since this game doesn't have a hint button except for the HOS (hidden object scenes).

Edited on 09/26/2012 at 5:31:03 PM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Sep 26, 12 12:53 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry so many of you are having an issue with this game crashing!

If you haven't already done so, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team and send in one of our Dr. Felix Reports for the game. (Thanks sportygal2009 for doing so and reporting back! )

These reports not only show us if there are some adjustments that can be made to your computer, but they also give us very valuable information about the game itself - the sort of information we need to help pinpoint where the issue is coming from and even how it might be fixed.

It is also very beneficial for us to have as many Dr. Felixes as we can, so we can see if there are any trends or differences among the various systems and configurations.

Finally, some developers do visit the Forums and keep track of the technical issues that are posted in our tech threads. But others will only know about any problems if our Tech Department gets in touch with them, and even in that case, the more information we have to give them about the nature of the problem and how widespread it is, the better.

You can read more about how to contact Tech Support and send in that info in the post we've created here.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by UKOldie on Sep 27, 12 3:44 PM
This game (trial version) crashes on start up. I get no option to report an error, just a blue screen with an irritating tune and a non-working skip button. Have to use Task manager to close it down. I've done this a few times, deleted, reloaded and rebooted and always the same response. I don't think so many of us have this problem becaus eof our machines, rather it would appear to be a duff game.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 28, 12 3:54 AM
Hi UKOldie,

Welcome to the Pond!

Have you tried following the advice in the following help article to see if there are any updates that you can run?

I would recommend trying that as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement to how your computer handles the game.

If the issues persist after checking out that article or you would like some help with this process, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you and performing these types of updates will also ensure that other games will play without this type of error too.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by neospath on Oct 4, 12 1:40 AM
Hi, I have come across game crash. Below are the things to look for to solve the issue.

Crash occurs after the developer logo comes. This can be for one of the following issues

1. Display Drivers not installed / Wrong drivers installed
Solution - Go to device manager and update your display drivers.

2.Insufficient or Faulty Ram
Solution - Ram has to be replaced.

3. Direct X Version
Solution - Try to install latest direct X version on your computer.

In my case display drivers was not working because of wrong drivers installed. I updated the drivers automatically from online. After re-installing the updated driver game was working fine.

Hope this helps

Best.

Edited on 10/04/2012 at 1:41:37 AM PST

Go to: