DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Comments for Dreams from the Past

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Sep 26, 12 12:42 AM
Hi there,
Hm, unless there are 2 games with exactly the same name and graphics, this seems to be another game previously released elsewhere on an opposition game distributor site. (I must admit on this occasion that it is "interesting" to say the least that it even got here.)
A bit of snooping also found mixed reviews – though I have a feeling that it won’t be as engaging for “more experienced players” as E.P.I.C. Wishmaster Adventures.
I know I haven’t trialled or played this game before, but the screenshots look very familiar. Does anyone else feel the same?
And why the smallish discrepancy between the Trial version and Full version of the game?
I was waiting on furthering my adventures with Tim tomorrow night to fill my PC, so will have to settle for the Trial version of this game myself, but I am sure others would appreciate your ideas/comments if you have played the full game.
Cheers

tishythree
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

Re:Comments for Dreams from the Past

[Post New]by tishythree on Sep 26, 12 12:48 AM
didnt like this at all only lasted for ten minutes very boring guess i will do the ironing instead which will be more exciting

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Sep 26, 12 12:53 AM
Hi tishythree,
Ironing more exciting huh? Your description fits the bill for at least 40% of the reviews I have seen elsewhere. But others found it either OK or much better.
Jury still out.
And "we" need to know what is added with the extra bytes on purchase - steak knives?

Edited on 09/26/2012 at 12:54:02 AM PST

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Sep 26, 12 1:47 AM
LOL, DLO!

Even steak knives wouldn't be enough inducement for me!

The graphics are really quite nice and the music is pleasant, but, I realllly don't like Spot the Diff., and the rest.... well, let's just say I have happily already deleted it!
BK

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Sep 26, 12 3:06 AM
Not too pleased with this game, the only time you get any hints is when you are in a hidden object scene. Not for me.

pcully
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by pcully on Sep 26, 12 3:06 AM
Morning All

I agree with everything that has been said so far, not such a good game at all. Like you tishythree I just did some ironing too. ( I have to say I didn't do it alll!!!) Just gonnna check my already purchased and re-play one.

Linda

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Sep 26, 12 3:22 AM
I always read the reviews about a game before I bother downloading. Once I read there were spot the difference mini games, I didn't even bother. I do not like them. I just want to thank those who take the time to write the wonderful game reviews. I truly appreciate them.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Sep 26, 12 3:51 AM
I am sorely tempted to write another stinker of a review for this game right now. Good grief, how would a gamer new to the genre even understand what to do? No tutorial, HINT doesn't work outside the H0Gs, no choice of game mode and, obviously no SG since it's an SE.

As it is, I had the bad sense to spend a PCC on this, sight-unseen, so I'm going to see it through. 95% of the time I get it right. This time I got it totally wrong.

I'll let you all know how long it is and if it improves. That is, if I survive the absolute onslaught of H0S scenes before losing the will to live!

kpajak
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by kpajak on Sep 26, 12 4:02 AM
Oh well, I don't have ironing to do, but I do have a floor that needs washing, lol

Very boring, no directional hint, spoiled with the Dark Parables series . Maybe tomorrows game will be a winner.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Sep 26, 12 4:24 AM
Nope, can't stand it. My life is too short to mourn the loss of a PCC. Off into the trashcan you go, you horrible, horrible game.

anki6969
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by anki6969 on Sep 26, 12 4:36 AM
Very boring game

I´m not superfast, but I finished the demo with 35 minutes left!

If it was a full 60 min demo we would probably finished the game. If we not had fall asleep before

Edited on 09/26/2012 at 4:39:06 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 26, 12 5:09 AM
I´m not superfast, but I finished the demo with 35 minutes left!
It's a sample version so it stops at a point, however long it takes. It's long enough to put people to sleep (or lose the will to live) apparently.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Sep 26, 12 5:18 AM
You're right, Mr_Russ, I did lose the will with this one and I'm not usually a quitter.

Still, at least I had the satisfaction of writing two suitably scathing reviews.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Sep 26, 12 6:42 AM
I just read all the comments for this game and now I don't think I;ll even download it. Why bother if everyone hates it.

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Sep 26, 12 7:04 AM
Tiger2010 wrote:I am sorely tempted to write another stinker of a review for this game right now. Good grief, how would a gamer new to the genre even understand what to do? No tutorial, HINT doesn't work outside the H0Gs, no choice of game mode and, obviously no SG since it's an SE.

As it is, I had the bad sense to spend a PCC on this, sight-unseen, so I'm going to see it through. 95% of the time I get it right. This time I got it totally wrong.

I'll let you all know how long it is and if it improves. That is, if I survive the absolute onslaught of H0S scenes before losing the will to live!

Sorry that you wasted a pcc on this stinker. Do you normally buy games sight-unseen? highly unusual and rather risky? I have never done it before, I guess I am not a risk taker.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Sep 26, 12 7:19 AM
Hi barregar,

Yes, I tend to, because I know exactly what I like and I usually get it right in terms of my game choices. I got it totally wrong with this. Doesn't help that Big Fish seem to have got rid of the videos.

I also suffer from infuriatingly slow downloads and internet interruptions so downloading demos first, followed by the full game takes forever. I'm prepared to take it on the chin. Things happen.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Sep 26, 12 8:00 AM
After playing demo:

I just don't like this game. The waiting for all the "character boxes" to finish loading without being able to skip is a no-no for me. Although the H0 scenes (and many of those) weren't too "junk pile" it makes no sense to hide items to find with only a tiny bit exposed - except maybe to lengthen the time it takes to play the game. I found that when finding an item to go into the "circles" the circles kept closing and I'd have to return to inventory and try again to place the item. The inventory and list bars kept popping up and down. Navigation was....strange and not very logical...just go where I could and hope to find whatever I needed to do. Puzzles were not difficult and not new.

Overall, I feel this game is a "jack of all trades" but master of none... Too much going on without the finishing touches to any. Will give it a pass.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Sep 26, 12 8:59 AM
I wish the graphics and music were indicative of a great game. Storyline sounds like it could be good as well.

However, determining navigation is difficult at best, items to find are small if not in HO scences. I'm frustrated with it and I've only played 5 mins. Oh well. Only the demo. At least I didn't waste money on it.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Sep 26, 12 9:15 AM
I agree with all that has been said of this game. I found the objects in the HOS really small and hard to find. I also do not like being told I have to buy the game when only half through my 60 min. This is indicative that it is a short game.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Sep 26, 12 9:23 AM
Oh my, this is all so sad.
But as BF promises, we get a new game every day. Thanks BF, even for the ones that don't get the best ratings

Go to: