read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

Length?

[Post New]by read61 on Sep 26, 12 3:55 PM
Can anyone tell me how long (approx) the bonus game is - is it worth the extra dollars or is it really short? Also, is it necessary to completely finish up the story or is it a separate storyline completely? Thanks!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Length?

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 27, 12 4:38 AM
Hi read61,

Even though I haven't played this game and hence cannot really comment on the bonus chapter, I still want to help so I did a little research.

The folowing are excepts from reviews, which include some opinion on the bonus play in case it's helpful:

cbtx wrote:Oh, one thing I liked is the bonus content----no wallpapers or screensavers or musical soundtracks, but instead there are replayable mini-games and achievements.

bessiegirl wrote:As far as the bonus game, I quit after a few minutes...got boring and again, a lot of moving around just to acquire a part of an inventory item.

These are some conflicting views but I hope they will be of use to assess how the content will suit your preferences.

Swim strong!

bfgBaikal

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Sep 27, 12 3:22 PM
Thank you BFG Baikal for replying, am now leaning towards the CE! Your response is much appreciated.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Oct 8, 12 10:45 PM

I found this game to be a VERY LENGTHY (including the bonus portion) game and the ending is very well done; the bonus portion actually compliments and completes the game.

I had played several hours the night before and then started it again around 6 p.m. and am NOW finished (having skipped several mini-games) with this game and it's now 1:45 a.m. so between the 2 nights -- it's worth the CE price.

MEnr56

Reniemary
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Reniemary on Oct 13, 12 9:16 AM
I found playing the bonus round of the game made it too long although the story and the ending is very good. The repete of the same puzzles three times got rather tedious. Other than the bonus I enjoyed the game play.

Go to: