bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Haunted Halls: Revenge of Doctor Blackmore Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 27, 12 12:38 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Halls: Revenge of Doctor Blackmore Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by crispypot on Sep 27, 12 2:50 AM
Hi all, wasn`t sure where to post this cos i`m not sure if it is a tech issue.
game loaded fine and played fine but on the first puzzle with the fingers, one of the tiles ( the fly) was missing, it was just a bright white square, i came out of the game cos i couldn`t get any further & went in under a different game name, same thing but this time it was the barbed wire tile, just a bright white square i had to wait for the skip button to fill up and skip it, so while i was able to continue , i dont want to have to skip the puzzles !!! any ideas ???? thanks for any help, it`ll decide wether i buy or not

Re:Post any Haunted Halls: Revenge of Doctor Blackmore Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 27, 12 2:57 AM
I had no problems with the puzzle. Maybe I was lucky.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 27, 12 3:26 AM
Hi crispypot,

Sorry to hear that!

When puzzles don't show up as they should, it normally indicates that the game isn't playing as well as it should.

Hence, I would encourage you to have a look at the following help article which will give you tips on how to improve the way your game and computer communicate with each other:

If you would like some more help with this we are happy to provide it, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

If you have the time, please run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in that mail so that we can start helping you right away.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

sixmilecoss
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by sixmilecoss on Sep 27, 12 7:35 AM
Is anybody else having issues with the game just freezing? i got as far as talking to Tim, put the egg under the fan and grabbed the bread. when I went to go back out to the last room, it just froze up on me. had to completely shut down computer and wait to reboot.

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Sep 27, 12 7:55 AM
I had to uninstall and reinstall after I bought the game. My cursor was floating. But I noticed on the reinstall the game took longer to load so it fixed itself so far. I've found Tim and the game seems to be working okay.
hope this helps
Sal

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Sep 27, 12 9:52 AM
Hi Fishies,

sixmilecoss ~ When the issue of a game freezing comes up, the first thing we suggest is checking for updates to your video card and graphics drivers. You can read more about how to do that in the help article here.

nanaseaweed ~ If you run into any more trouble with your cursor, updating those programs could help with that as well.

But if you try doing that and your issues are still coming up, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They have the tools to delve more fully into the problem and can work with you directly to get everything resolved.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Just a Little Bug

[Post New]by themouse020 on Sep 27, 12 11:46 AM
In the Chernobyl segment, the "help" for the pipes puzzle was just a placeholder, which read "Something appropriate for the pipe puzzle." This placeholder should be changed for the real puzzle directions. Made me giggle (career programmer - used to use placeholders during development - so easy to forget they're there....). Other than that, I saw no technical difficulties at all. Kudos.

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Sep 27, 12 1:02 PM
Code for the Cage with Bombs - 1st part works put the 2nd part does not work. Do you have any ideas? I found the correct answer when in different ID but now I am having trouble with onitment, found but it doesn't show in the inventory Any Idea?

Edited on 09/27/2012 at 4:11:10 PM PST

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by geri_mac on Sep 27, 12 3:08 PM
help, I keep getting a 769 error, uninstalled the game and tried to follow the instructions on the troubleshooting page by downloading and reinstalling the bf game manager but get the 769 error on that as well, the demo played with no problem this only happened after I bought the game

[Post New]by FroggiePharts on Sep 27, 12 4:09 PM
I can download the game, but it will not let me play. It won't open. I have uninstalled several times. I have cleared my cache, got rid of cookies, but still it won't play. All the other games are fine.

I have Firefox as well as IE7 and it won't open in either. I downloaded another game just to be sure and it was fine.

Any help will be appreciated...this looks like a great game.

I had tech support this morning because it wouldn't download, but it did and now just won't open.

thank you

AFlowers
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by AFlowers on Sep 27, 12 5:18 PM
I set the music volume at the beginning of the game, and several times since. The music volume keeps dropping.

[Post New]by joannemaryjo on Sep 27, 12 5:32 PM
played the trial version with no problems, bought the game and downloaded it and it won't open when I click on play takes me to the screen you own this game thanks for playing etc uninstalled, installed more than once, restarted my computer uninstalled reinstalled still won't let me play so frustrated...was so looking forward to playing this game as i have the others and it's been so long since you've had a game that's worth playing!!!1

[Post New]by evildead2 on Sep 27, 12 6:19 PM
I can't even play this game. I'm using Parallels 8.0 and the screen is halfway off to the right in full screen, and in windowed mode the inventory is so far off the screen you can't even get your cursor to line up with the items to use them. I use Parallels with all these games and have never had a problem like this before >_<

lionscat
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by lionscat on Sep 27, 12 6:41 PM
I am playing the trial version, and after I picked up the gas mask in Chicago, it disappeared from my inventory. I can't continue the game. I wanted to buy it too!!

lionscat
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by lionscat on Sep 27, 12 6:58 PM
Never mind, it was in the portable lab

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 28, 12 2:53 AM
Hi Fishies,

I will do my best to provide some help for those issues you have posted.

If the game is not opening for you, or fails to display as it should I would encourage you to have a look at the following help articles which will give you tips on how to improve the way your games and computer communicate with one another:

Screen Resolution

Even a few quick adjustments can make a vast improvement!

The 769 error message is normally related to your computer not recognizing that your current user profile, has the necessary permission to install or play this game. The help article here, details what you can do to comabt this.

joannemaryjo - the save data from the trial version of the game can sometimes prevent the full game from playing. As the save data is routed to different places depending on the type system you are running, our Tech Support will be happy to provide some specific help for this issue.

Our Tech Support Team are always willing to offer more help so please do get int touh with them if your problem persists or, if you need some help with the steps in the help article - we are glad to offer extra assistance.

Hoping this is helpful,

bfgBaikal

grouchypants
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by grouchypants on Sep 28, 12 11:22 AM
When I got to the disk with the bull ( its the lady ) Screen went black. Some kind of error dont remember what?? Grr. Uninstall?? Going to try again. Let you know.

grouchypants
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by grouchypants on Sep 28, 12 1:51 PM
Just had to restart game and it was fine just finished the game.. Wonderful.

antimaim
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by antimaim on Sep 29, 12 8:20 AM
I downloaded and played the main part of the full version with no technical problems. However, when I reached the point in the bonus chapter where I acquired the inhaler, the game froze completely. Multiple reboots and restarts resulted in the same thing, although occasionally the game gave me an error message and closed itself rather than freezing.my whole computer.

Since I managed to get through the entire main part of the game with no trouble, I find it hard to believe that the problem is a graphics card issue. It's quite frustrating not to be able to finish the bonus chapter, which is the only thing that motivates me to pay extra for a collector's edition.

Go to: