shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Comments for Haunted Halls: Revenge of Doctor Blackmore Collector's Edition

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Sep 27, 12 12:39 AM
I should preface that I am a die hard, adoring, ERS fan! I played a beta of this game: it is off the wall, fun, to die for... Thank you devs and BFG for what I know is going to be another very entertaining gaming experience!! So BF gamers.... let's hear your comments and opinions in our little "less strict" thread here and I will check back later... HAPPY GAMING!

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

Re:Comments for Haunted Halls: Revenge of Doctor Blackmore Collector's Edition

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Sep 27, 12 12:43 AM
I hear you, shadowfax. I've loved this series since I beta tested the first one.They had me at the name. But I played about 10 minutes and quit to buy. I'm going to save the play for my weekend as I have several games going - but I had to have this one. Gotta get that Blackmore!!

Celticoco

had to play longer - love it!

Edited on 09/27/2012 at 1:52:27 AM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Sep 27, 12 12:50 AM
Sic 'em Coco! I've got your back!!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Sep 27, 12 12:54 AM
Hm, why do I want to save Tim again as he is such a bumbleheaded target?
Because I want to!!
It seems to me that a lot of others feel the same as it took me 3 tries to get the game to DL after purchase ... never happened before.
This is one of the best ERS series of games IMHO, and I sincerely hope that I have to use my sneakers to find my way around as usual (though I do acknowledge that a lot of gamers expect an interractive map these days) .... however, I need the exercise at my age!! LOL
It might be midnight my time before I actually get to play ... but I do not have to go to work tomorrow so game on.
Cheers

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Sep 27, 12 12:55 AM
Just played 30 mins of it but it's very good. Graphics I like (don't normally say that) it's better so far than the last one. Has the whimsy of the first one but revved up. It's easy but then fans of the dev and series know this but it's not boring easy as it is different. I realise it's about weird experiments the whole series but as it's not a dream or imagination I thought it was pushing a bit *with taking an egg from a turkey (?) and it hatches as an ostrich* but if you suspend your disbelief (in more ways than one) it makes for an interesting game!

I played one very interactive silhouette HOS scene that we've seen before sort of a very easy puzzle. Couple of other easy puzzles but the graphics or how it's done was entertaining.

cons -

Like the last game I hadn't a clue how I was in the situation as I know how the last SE ended and I suspect you had to play the previous 2 CEs to have a remote clue of what was going on at the very beginning. This bothered me the whole last game as I was waiting for an explanation but at least I guessed in this one what was going on immediately. This seems to be the case in this series that the game starts where the CE bonus play left off?

Like previous CEs of this DEV I rarely buy as they don't have a usually long bonus, have nothing to collect or acheivments and the only thing here is
screensaver
music
concept art
wallpaper
SG
bonus play

So I won't be buying the CE as I'm more of a carrot kind of person. If you punish me (if they do start a game where the CE leaves off) for not buying the previous CEs I won't buy anymore.

So I have no problem waiting for the SE to buy and look forward to playing it as it looks like a really good game.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 27, 12 1:25 AM
Love this game! It was so funny to see the kangeroo, it's make me smile. Love the animals.

Can we save Tim this time???

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Sep 27, 12 1:52 AM
Ah... Dobbie... Tim is there just waiting for us to save him. Ya gotta love the guy... he knows we will come to his rescue.

Hello Ozzie and Ginger! Good to see you too!

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Comments for Haunted Halls: Revenge of Doctor Blackmore Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sassylassie on Sep 27, 12 2:42 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:I should preface that I am a die hard, adoring, ERS fan! I played a beta of this game: it is off the wall, fun, to die for... Thank you devs and BFG for what I know is going to be another very entertaining gaming experience!! So BF gamers.... let's hear your comments and opinions in our little "less strict" thread here and I will check back later... HAPPY GAMING!

Good morning all!

I agree with you Shadow as I am a die hard ERS fan as well. Never did agree with the ones who said their games are stamped. Each game with them is a new experience with the gorgeous artwork. Definitely going to have a fun experience with this one. Well time to see where Tim is poor dude. No sooner Missy gets him back, here comes Blackmore to cart him off again. Maybe this time we should cut off his tentacles so he can't move so quickly. Happy gaming all!

Sassy

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Sep 27, 12 5:55 AM
actually my problem with ers, is thier ce,s are way too short.i play the se,s still.(and the theme of all hogs are getting oldlove we been getting some sci fi)..hopefully devs start listening, and really give us games that are worthy as ce,s

that being said, i enjoyed the demo,,but as usual..will wait till word starts rolling in on length

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Sep 27, 12 6:04 AM
I am having a lot of fun with the demo after playing about half of it. Graphics, etc are the usual ERS beautiful ones. I do like the animals in the game...especially the pheasant (or whatever it is) in the sink! The "black box" comments are sometimes so funny, too! The H0 scenes are somewhat different than I've seen, and puzzles aren't too difficult - which is good for me!

The game seems a bit easy (so far) but the graphics, comments, animals, etc do make me want to continue it. I just hope it is lengthy enough (for me) to consider the CE.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 27, 12 6:06 AM
tj1147 wrote:I am having a lot of fun with the demo after playing about half of it. Graphics, etc are the usual ERS beautiful ones. I do like the animals in the game...especially the pheasant (or whatever it is) in the sink! The "black box" comments are sometimes so funny, too! The H0 scenes are somewhat different than I've seen, and puzzles aren't too difficult - which is good for me!

The game seems a bit easy (so far) but the graphics, comments, animals, etc do make me want to continue it. I just hope it is lengthy enough (for me) to consider the CE.
And there are more animals. So cute and lovely.

[Post New]by DashGamesAddict on Sep 27, 12 6:11 AM
I haven't played the first two games, but they are waiting for me. Three Haunted Halls games to play...can't wait.

Edited on 09/28/2012 at 9:39:39 PM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 27, 12 6:18 AM
DashGamesAddict wrote:I haven't played the first two games, but they are waiting for me. Three Haunted Hill Games to play...can't wait.
And the first two are in sale!

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Sep 27, 12 6:50 AM
Same here Shadowfax! I loved the other two and I am so glad this one is finally out. All of this series is so well developed and laid out for us I can't imagine anyone having a problem with any one of the games in this series. To top it off, anyone who did not get the first two in this series can now get them really cheap. Thanks Devs and Big Fish for a excellent game. Happy Gaming Guys!!!!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Sep 27, 12 7:10 AM
anyone have any length estimates yet?

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Sep 27, 12 7:17 AM
well long or not, i decided to buy....mainly because 6 yr old gs, likes hogs, and since he cant read well yet, the style of hog in this game means he can play,,, i just hope the rest of the game sticks with the demo style,, as i did see one hog scene with a list..

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by caput on Sep 27, 12 7:17 AM
I am just loving this game. Swore I would not buy another game this month but.....? This one is going to be hard to resist. Really enjoying the whimsy and the various creatures. As for rescuing Tim- well is that not a woman's lot in life, to be endlessly rescuing the males in her life! LOL

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Sep 27, 12 7:24 AM
Hey D-L-Oz, Shadow, Dobbie, Coco, Ginger, and other great gamers!

I'm not ready for a complete review yet, but I just wanted to put my own spin on this game.

It is NOT a "boilerplate," mediocre ERS offering, like some folks think. Yep, it's a continuation of a series, but what a series it is! Just because we're in an asylum (again) doesn't make this a "boring" follow-on. When was the last time we viewed a Kangaroo trying to read a newspaper? Fer shure, we have to rescue Tim (man, does he get in trouble, or what?), but therein lies the fun!

Graphics? Outtasight! Voice acting? Outtasight! Interactive H0 scenes? Different, but Outtasight! Mini-games? Easy (so far).

I enjoyed 22 minutes of the demo (probably too long for an ERS game) b4 I hit the "Buy It" button, and played another 1/2 hour or so. Perhaps more comments to follow.

Regards, elldee

Edited on 09/27/2012 at 8:15:53 AM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 27, 12 7:37 AM
bella81762 wrote:anyone have any length estimates yet?
I finished the main game and it tooks me for about 5 a 6 hours. Your gs would like it because there a so cute animals in it.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Sep 27, 12 8:23 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:
bella81762 wrote:anyone have any length estimates yet?
I finished the main game and it tooks me for about 5 a 6 hours. Your gs would like it because there a so cute animals in it.

thanks dobbie

Go to: