bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Awakening: The Skyward Castle technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 28, 12 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

jackryan
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:Post any Awakening: The Skyward Castle technical issues here only

[Post New]by jackryan on Sep 28, 12 1:47 AM
Problem with download .... error code 3 ? x

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 28, 12 2:11 AM
Hi jackryan,

I am sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. There can be a number of different reasons why games will not download but the main causes are listed in the following help article, along with advice on how to combat them:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed.

Please have a look at that article to see if that may help. Of course if you would like us to help with the process outlined, we would be happy to.

For some assistance, please run a Dr. Felix report and then send that over to our Tech Support team so they can get to helping you right away.

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Sep 28, 12 5:56 PM
I had a problem loading this game when it was a CE plus you had over 1200 complaints, you would think you would of fixed the problem...........DID YOU?........................NOPE.................It still opens on the right hand side of my screen.

ONLY HALF OF GAME OPENS wow nice fix

sayakan
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by sayakan on Sep 28, 12 8:13 PM
As usual game does not start.
It always happens with awaking,but not with other games.

If I could get to option and quit full screen mode,then I can give a shake and the game goes on. That' what I did with other Awakings.

Could you try to fix it?
Don't tell me I should give up my PC.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Sep 30, 12 5:49 AM
Heya Fishies,

It sure can be frustrating when a game won't display properly. We definitely know that our Fishies might not have the newest computers and try to keep the requirements as low as possible.

saphhire - As you already experienced problems with the Collector's Edition it could be that some of your drivers need a bit of updating. Some easy steps on how to do that can be found here:

sayakan - I Since you mention that you only have problems with the Awakening series, it could be that computer is having problems with the way these games are programmed or with the graphics. It might help to check if these games are compatible with your computer by clicking here

If you tried these steps and still have the same problems, our dedicated Tech Support will definitely be happy to have a look at everything for you.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 10/02/2012 at 6:18:01 AM PST

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Sep 30, 12 7:31 AM
I'm not sure if I have a technical issue but I am in the Gargoyle castle and need the last symbol. I have put the paper on the symbol and used the charcoal 10x but nothing happens. No matter what i do, I cannot fill in the last symbol and obviously because of this,I cannot get the last piece and cannot move forward. The walkthrough doesn't even address this symbol so I don't know what to do. Can you help?

Thanks....JoAnne

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 1, 12 4:48 AM
Heya jdelbove,

Sorry to hear that the charcoal just doesn't want to do anything on the paper.

In cases where an object doesn't do what it's supposed to it often helps to uninstall and reinstall the game to make sure everything is working as intended.

Should the game still not work properly, our Tech Support will definitely be happy to have a look at everything for you!

Good luck!

bfgBiwa

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Oct 1, 12 7:45 AM
Oh thanks so much for answering my post. However, I did uninstall and reinstall and nothing has changed. I can try and send you a screen shot if it would help. I really do NOT want to start this game all over.

Thanks....JoAnne

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Oct 1, 12 7:55 AM
P.S. I ran Dr. Felix and the report is on my desktop, now what? I have not received an email to attach it to.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 2, 12 3:32 AM
Hi jdelbove,

Thank you for taking the time to do that - we really appreciate it.

Now all you need so is submit a support ticket with that file attached and we will be able to provide some specific advice.

To submit a help request, please click on the green envelope to your right , you will be directed to the Help pages and on the left hand side bar, there is an option to Contact Us under the statement Still Need Help?

If you press Contact Us a form will open that you can fill in and just attach that report before sending.

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 10/02/2012 at 3:45:37 AM PST

[Post New]by ivysgirl2003 on Oct 9, 12 6:52 AM
I can't get the poker to move the embers in the wizard's chamber. How do you do that particular action?

mvh81
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by mvh81 on Oct 9, 12 10:15 AM
In the last chapter, at the comb (after being shrunk) the paper clip simply will not access the comb. I've tried it many many times. So how to proceed?

mvh81
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by mvh81 on Oct 9, 12 10:33 AM
OK I worked out the comb thing, but now I can't get to the Crystal Mausoleum. I cliked the down arrow, but get nowhere. On the map that area is marked "unknown." I think this is a glitch. Let me know.

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Oct 10, 12 2:52 AM
Hi Fishies,

You could try to use the Hint button more often, it should refill quickly.

I would also invite you to check out the walkthrough for this game, available here:

Awakening: The Skyward Castle Walkthrough

In case you're still stuck after checking these resources, you can reach our Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

bfgTokoro

technocratee
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Screen blinks, flicks

[Post New]by technocratee on Oct 10, 12 9:13 AM
I really really want to play Awakening Skyward Castle.
I love the series. I had no trouble with any of the other versions.
This one the screen flicks, blinks all the time.
I have an Nvidia Quadro FX 1300 video card, under Win7, 64bit.
I had this problem with a few other games. But resolved by changing the resolution
and/or playing in Windowed mode.
I can't find a solution for this game.
Anyone out there have this problem ?

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 11, 12 5:51 AM
Heya technocratee,

As it seems that have been having a blinking game with several games lately, it could be that your drivers could need a bit of updating. You can find some steps on how to do that here:

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by buntington on Oct 20, 12 9:56 PM
I've gotten almost to the end of the game and now I am stuck with a technical issue. I'm on the hidden object scene in the navigator's cradle. I have gotten every item but the cutlass, which is inside a crate. You are supposed to pry the crate open with a crowbar, which is located just behind the stone navigator. But when I clicked on the crowbar, it disappeared. I am no longer able to open up the crate to get the cutlass, and thus am stuck and cannot finish the rest of the game. I have tried closing and restarting the game, to no avail. Is there any fix for this error?

Please see the link below for a screenshot. I'm not going to play the whole game over again to get past this point because if this error (what if it happens again!?), so it was a waste of money for me to buy this game unless there is some kind of fix for it.

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 10/30/2012 at 12:46:49 PM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 30, 12 12:46 PM
Hi buntington,

I'm so sorry to hear you're running into an issue at that stage of the game!

Please get in touch with our Tech Support Team and send in the information about that error along with a Dr. Felix Report. They'll be able to see what might be causing the trouble and can work with you directly on getting it resolved. And if there is a bigger issue with the game itself, having your information will really help get it addressed as quickly as possible.

You can read more about how to contact Tech Support with that info in the post we've created here.

[I also wanted to let you know that I've gone ahead and removed the link to the screenshot above, as it does go against our Forum Rule about not posting URLs. You can send me a PM if you have any questions about that.]

Thank you!!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by jerseygirl313 on Nov 2, 12 3:29 PM
I'm Having trouble with the crowbar opening crate The crowbar disappers when you go to use it now i can't open crate

Go to: