bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Reviews for Guardians of Magic: Amanda's Awakening

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Sep 29, 12 12:39 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Guardians of Magic: Amanda's Awakening? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Guardians of Magic: Amanda's Awakening page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgTokoro

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Re:Reviews for Guardians of Magic: Amanda's Awakening

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Sep 29, 12 12:40 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgTokoro

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Sep 29, 12 12:59 AM
Good morning all.

it will be interesting to see what other fishies make of this cute little game.

After 45 mins of game play:

Although offering some options the game does not fill my lap top.

There is a story to follow, Your late Grandfather was a wizard, but you chose to study chemistry & physics with his great friend, who turned enemy & now you have to free a fairy and put other stuff right.

You collect things to make a bubble maker for later in the game & I dare say other objects too.

Dispite there being a basic cute story, this game is pure puzzle based. I have come across pairs, spot the difference, weights, Tangrams and then there are constellations to trace and find.

On top of all this you are also learning magic and can cast spells with your magic wand. so far I can travel and fire.

The graphics are fair but the scenes are lovely.

The puzzles are very very easy (so far) but not insultingly so.

My guess this game would be ideal for a younger fishie or for some one new to this sort of game.

However I love it. I would not pay for it but it is well worth a punch coupon.

If you want taxing this is not for you, if you want to mellow away your Saturday, give this a try.

Jojo

Edited on 09/29/2012 at 1:04:05 AM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Sep 29, 12 3:29 AM
Hello Jojo... while I agree it's a cute game... I played this one over a year ago. It was originally released about January 2011 I think. I finally played it about a year ago... so, it's cute, a bit dated, and was just okay in it's time... JMHO...

Also: Welcome aboard bfgTokoro... I wanted to welcome you and say hello...

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Sep 29, 12 3:44 AM
Review after opening 5 paintings and operating the Bubble Maker for the first time ...

I agree with Jojo that it is a cute little puzzle game and so I have bought it with a PCC too (now I need just one more game to fill my card before the end of tomorrow). After overdosing on the duplicate hidden object scenes in Haunted Halls it is nice to have a break and play a game without any in .

The voiceover at the beginning of the game was good, the graphics are nicely drawn and the quite pleasant music, although repetitive, is not annoyingly so and my speakers are still on.

I am really delighted that when you have to wave your magic wand and copy the symbols that you do not have to exactly follow the line or I would still be trying to do the first one even though they are really simple.

While I have played more than one slider, tangram, pairs and weight puzzles I am thankful to say that there has only been one easy spot the difference ... so far ... and, fins crossed, I hope there aren't any more later in the game as they are my least favourite type. On the plus side however there weren't many differences to find .

My only complaint about the game is the cursor which is chunky and slightly sluggish to move around but is usable which is good as there isn't the option of resorting to the system cursor.

A pleasant way to relax for a while .

Cherb

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Sep 29, 12 6:47 AM
This is a nice game and I think I will buy...

Note: Moderator your link to this forum is broken.

Edited on 09/29/2012 at 6:49:39 AM PST

mst3kr
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by mst3kr on Sep 29, 12 8:58 AM
A decent "adventure" game, especially for beginners to the genre. You're a young girl who must stop one of your mentors from trying to destroy magic. Nice graphics, decent music, lots of puzzles, no Hid Obj scenes. Cursor was a little sluggish and the puzzles were WAY too easy for seasoned veterans.

The major downside of this game is that it is INCREDIBLY SHORT!!! I bought the game with a credit after the demo was up (as I thought there would be a lot more to do) and within 10 minutes, I was done. Kaput. The End. Roll credits. If you only could've seen the look on my face when the game ended...

While this might be great for someone very young, or brand-spanking new to this kind of game, be warned that you likely won't get more than 2 hours of play (and that's being generous) out of this. I give it a 2.5 out of 5.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Sep 29, 12 9:28 AM
What a wonderful game for preteens and early teens! I absolutely love this game! I am not one who shops at other game sites, so I am not familiar with this game at all. Take that back. I do love Nancy Drew and won't mention the developer which is forbidden on this site. What a refreshing change from all the violent and incredibly depressing games which we see so often. As a teacher, I love to see this type of game because it is a delightful way for students to develop logic skills in a fun way. The puzzles are just right for this age level. It is great for adults too. However, the games are very easy and may be a little boring for adults. Notice to all BF fish adults. This would be a great game for your little fishies. By the way, BF, have ever though of expanding into interactive games for junior and senior high schools to use in computer labs to help students "learn" in a fun way? There is a big market out there for whoever wishes to embark upon this journey in learning. Most schools are going to tablets which would allow students to access educational games for learning. Just a thought for big business and muchos dolares!

Edited on 09/29/2012 at 9:33:43 AM PST

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Sep 29, 12 10:19 AM
Game is rather strange and can't get any excitement in playing it. I played for 30 min and still don't know what I am doing. Know I am building a bubble machine but when the time comes for tracing I am not good at it. Just not a game I would buy.

[Post New]by MariGR on Sep 29, 12 1:47 PM
I personally found the game quite to my liking, although the puzzles were very easy and I ended up finishing it in less than 2 hours! If I had known the game was so short, I would not have bought it!

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Sep 29, 12 4:53 PM
I liked the opening story and was going to purchase but when I went to the options I found there is no widescreen option. If you're going to be releasing old games as new TGTs then first you need to update them a bit... no excuse not to have widescreen options in this day and age.

So no buy here... if I'm playing on my desktop at some point and have a PCC to burn I might revisit but it doesn't deserve to be released as a NEW game and doesn't deserve full price.

ETA: I usually do let my kids demo games with me but this one bored them silly. Ages 10 and 12 as my older two just rolled their eyes at me when I suggested it... so I think marketing it to pre-teens/early teens is a bit of a stretch. Maybe it's just my kids but todays kids seem far more sophisticated in their game choices than us "adults"... (Although I can see why it would be popular in a school library... pretty much anything that gets them out of "real" work is going to be popular there...

Edited on 09/29/2012 at 4:57:33 PM PST

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Sep 30, 12 3:27 AM
Soothing and relaxing game, a good infuse, after Houdini's game, which was excellent! I know can seem silly, childish, but I like it! Ar first the cursor felt a bit chuncky, and the navigation around a bit static, but getting along the playing it got better and more interesting, the minigames are not difficult , but neither that easy (like some players mentioned in the forum), I would buy it, but somebody here sayed that it's only two hours of play (I imagine that include the demo hour), so one hour has already gone for the demo, too short, too bad!!

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Sep 30, 12 7:37 AM
Can be a bit frustrating without the walkthrough. Instead of pointing u to the right direction, or at least tell u what to do, it kept saying "I need to search some more"

I actually completed the game and quite like it, except for this hair tearing hint system.
Crisp graphics, cute characters, good game design (except for hint) and easy puzzles, except the direct the beam mini-games.

Still an overall good game worth well having

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Sep 30, 12 8:01 AM
It's a cute little game once you get used to the mechanics.

HATE the hint though.......if I click on it I do it for a reason, not to be send wandering around.

Length......I got about 3/4 through in the demo hour!!!!!!

Between the hint pet peeve and the length definite No buy.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Oct 1, 12 11:31 AM
Cute little game, but extremely simple. My grandson found it too easy and he's only 8. Nice graphics, although very simple and old school. Music okay but get annoying very quickly. Not really much to do anywhere in the game. Did not care for the hint system at all (please give me a real hint when I need one and a little direction).

Extreme beginners might enjoy this game, but I personally found it to be very childish and simple. Not for me today. Thanks for the reviews.

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Oct 1, 12 1:17 PM

Edited on 10/02/2012 at 3:19:14 AM PST

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Mar 8, 13 8:23 PM

Post game review

I really enjoyed this game.

Got a little lost a few times, but with the hint button, I was back on my way.

I enjoyed the variety of things to do.

And loved the puzzles!

Each time I found one I was thrilled! Some better than others, just a fun change of pace.

I recommend this game.

Angel

[Post New]by dancemom2 on Oct 18, 13 4:35 PM
Not a fan. Game play was quick, and it was easy to get stuck. The hint button doesn't recharge quickly enough, and the hint is only "there is nothing to do here right now". I usually hate walkthroughs, but I resorted to googling one to finish this game. This game is categorized as hidden object, but there are not hidden object games within this game. It is cute, and there is a nice story, but because of the issues above, I'd give it 2/5 stars.

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on Nov 18, 13 2:30 PM
The clunky cursor made game undoable for me.

Go to: