pinkmarigolds
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,246 Posts

Comments for Sable Maze: Sullivan River

[Post New]by pinkmarigolds on Sep 30, 12 12:50 AM
Morning/Evening/Afternoon All.

Just awaiting my DL to finish then I will be off to see what this little (!) offering is like. Will be back later to add my thoughts to the mix.

Ciao

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Comments for Sable Maze: Sullivan River

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Sep 30, 12 1:09 AM
RATS. I had my PC all configured and completed for this month before this game was offered. Oh well, PCCs wasted, but at least I could take advantage of a CE Sale for a change - half price too good to resist. Off to play in 3 hours or so!!

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Sep 30, 12 1:15 AM
Have downloaded the trial game and played 10 minutes so far.

Game mechanics - fits my widescreen monitor, nice graphics and music. Many will be pleased to know that the extras such as wallpapers, concept art, music, strategy guide and even the bonus game?? are accessible in the trial game. Should also be the same for the full version.

First HO scene was ok, half the objects were in the open and the other half needed actions/interactions to find them. Too soon for me to comment on the puzzles.

Story - Children in distress, go back into your past to help them and to help your adult self.

Will play some more before deciding to buy or not.

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Sep 30, 12 1:22 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:RATS. I had my PC all configured and completed for this month before this game was offered. Oh well, PCCs wasted, but at least I could take advantage of a CE Sale for a change - half price too good to resist. Off to play in 3 hours or so!!

The sale for this game says for a limited time..not for today only. Could buy it tomorrow and start a new punch card with it. Also the half-price is at the non-members rate.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Sep 30, 12 1:22 AM
Thank you for your input MsFreddie.
Seems like the usual fare for games these days as far as the story goes ... but good news about the SG/Extras being available in the tiral version.
Cheers

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Sep 30, 12 1:26 AM
MsFreddie wrote:
DragonLadyOz wrote:RATS. I had my PC all configured and completed for this month before this game was offered. Oh well, PCCs wasted, but at least I could take advantage of a CE Sale for a change - half price too good to resist. Off to play in 3 hours or so!!

The sale for this game says for a limited time..not for today only. Could buy it tomorrow and start a new punch card with it. Also the half-price is at the non-members rate.

Hm, the limited time doesn't explain the actual length of the offer and there is no extra information about it when you try to "click" on it, so I guess many others will also jump on this bandwagon - unless they are more savvy than I.
If this is still available tomorrow when it isTNT, I for one will be haranguing the CS reps regarding this in light of the fact I could have purchased it in October to support the Pink Ribbon Foundation.

Edited on 09/30/2012 at 1:41:30 AM PST

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Sep 30, 12 1:27 AM
Wow, I am loving this game! Love the storyline, different from haunted houses, etc (which I love as well) for a change! Spoookkkyyyy! Made me jump in a few spots already and I just started playing this gem of a game . Graphics are good, could be clearer on my laptop but because of the story and my interest is peaked, I just HAVE to buy this game! Thanks BFG and Developers, for bringing this to us today
especially at the sale price! Yay!

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on Sep 30, 12 1:29 AM
I only played for a short while. The three fireflies around the hint-lamp are driving me crazy. And the journal sparkling when something new is added does not add to fun playing for me. Definitely a no buy. Too bad, cause it looks very good.

Edited on 09/30/2012 at 1:56:36 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Sep 30, 12 2:17 AM
Hmph, I see that bfgBiwa has posted an explanation for the limited offer on this game two hours after its release that informs us that the offer extends to 3rd October.
It would have been great if we had known that beforehand.
SO HOLD OFF ON PURCHASING UNTIL TOMORROW NIGHT.

Edited on 09/30/2012 at 2:19:01 AM PST

27heb49
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by 27heb49 on Sep 30, 12 2:44 AM
Daily Magic are the devs who brought us the Dark Dimensions games.
Hey, DLO, don't know if I can wait 'til tomorrow - the game has already grabbed me!
Heb

Edited on 09/30/2012 at 2:48:01 AM PST

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Sep 30, 12 4:34 AM
For those of you wondering, this developer did the Dark Dimensions series (Wax Beauty, City of Fog)

pinkmarigolds
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,246 Posts

[Post New]by pinkmarigolds on Sep 30, 12 5:08 AM
Hmm - just had a go at it, but I can't get into it. Perhaps I'm not in the mood for "dark and eerie". No bad thing as my punch card is empty

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Sep 30, 12 7:03 AM
I would have enjoyed this game allot more if it hadn't of had sooo many HOs. Everytime I moved , there was another one. So for those of you who enjoy HOs, this ones for you. Enjoy fishies.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Sep 30, 12 8:32 AM
hannah57 wrote:I would have enjoyed this game allot more if it hadn't of had sooo many HOs. Everytime I moved , there was another one. So for those of you who enjoy HOs, this ones for you. Enjoy fishies.

That makes at least two of us LOL

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Sep 30, 12 8:59 AM
Don't post much here anymore but just had to say I loved this game. Story of rescue seems to be the theme in most games, sigh, but I love having so many different things to do in a game you just cant decide where you want to go next
Graphics were a little dark and fuzzy in some of the HO scenes for me. I normally don't have any problems with that but I got through them.
I couldn't access the BONUS game. I looked at the EXTRAS at the end and when you click on the Bonus Game it said it was only available after purchasing the game.
The puzzles were challenging and I didn't like that there wasn't a reset buttton. I tried backing out of a game to see if it reset but it was right where I left it
I won't get this one today as I've already filled my punch card twice this month and that's enough for me but will get it in Oct to start my new card.
The butterflies for the HOS and flashing notebook anoyed me, I read the notes I pick up so why do the devs think I need to click on the book again
Anyway, looking forward to playing this one next week. I have the grandkids this weekend which is a real life adventure game in itself, with cooking and running after 3 kids that all seem to want to do something different at the same time. Gosh, I'm getting old and don't know how I did it with my own kids!
Hope everyone that purchases the game enjoys it!

Pertigal
Shark
Shark
10,783 Posts

[Post New]by Pertigal on Sep 30, 12 9:21 AM
Love your comment Peeshee about the grandkids being a real life adventure game! lol

I beta'd this one and enjoyed it very much. Of course, I do like HOGs. Storyline is different enough and yes, it is spookier than most. Hope you all enjoy it.

[Post New]by 1Champagne4me on Sep 30, 12 9:21 AM
Glad to hear there are ALOT of HOS in this HOG..... That's why I play HIdden Object Games and they are one of my favorites..

Played the demo. I like it! I really like it. Bring on more HOGs with HOS.

For the peeps who give negative reviews because there are "too many hidden object scenes, so I guess it's a no buy for me, sigh"......maybe this game genre is not really the one for you. I don't understand how too many HOS is a negative thing when reviewing HOGs, .This is a big site with alot of different games....maybe the peeps who don't like HOS might enjoy another game genre. I'm not calling out any particular person for my example, but I read reviews everyday and there's always more than 1 that gives the HOG a negative review just because there are too many HOGS. Am I missing something here?
P.S. I am not singling out anyone in particular, just making a general comment, so no hate mail please. I happen to like HOGS, that's why I joined BFG.

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Sep 30, 12 10:02 AM
I really like the games these Devs put out because of the storyline and excellent graphics but all their games do tend to have an awful lot of HOGS in them. I am not a huge fan of HOGS any more but the games are so well done I am willing to put up with them. One thing that did bug me on the first HOG was looking for a wind up key that turned out to be just a regular key and not a wind up key so I kept passing over it.

endofmonth
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by endofmonth on Sep 30, 12 11:47 AM
I finished the demo and still don't know why it's called Sable Maze. I may need to play the rest just to find out.

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Sep 30, 12 1:13 PM
1Champagne4me wrote:Glad to hear there are ALOT of HOS in this HOG..... That's why I play HIdden Object Games and they are one of my favorites..

Played the demo. I like it! I really like it. Bring on more HOGs with HOS.

For the peeps who give negative reviews because there are "too many hidden object scenes, so I guess it's a no buy for me, sigh"......maybe this game genre is not really the one for you. I don't understand how too many HOS is a negative thing when reviewing HOGs, .This is a big site with alot of different games....maybe the peeps who don't like HOS might enjoy another game genre. I'm not calling out any particular person for my example, but I read reviews everyday and there's always more than 1 that gives the HOG a negative review just because there are too many HOGS. Am I missing something here?
P.S. I am not singling out anyone in particular, just making a general comment, so no hate mail please. I happen to like HOGS, that's why I joined BFG.

Agree 100%. If you don't like HOGs, why buy a HOG game?

Gail

Go to: