narquailan
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

RADDISHES

[Post New]by narquailan on Sep 30, 12 10:38 AM
Does anyone know where the raddishes are located? I may not have gotten to that area yet, but I have been all ove the main island as far as I can go so far...and that brings me to another question. Over by our original castle, to the west of it, there's a hole in the ground with a huge monster we can't beat. Will we ever be strong enough to lick him? Thanks

DannielSquall
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

Re:RADDISHES

[Post New]by DannielSquall on Sep 30, 12 10:45 AM
It's in a region to the left of Saffron (first town of the game), you have to defeat the golem to reach that area. After defeating the golem, reach the corners of that area, you'll enter on a cache, the raddishes in it.

ksjp17
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by ksjp17 on Sep 30, 12 11:48 AM
Beating that golem is an absolute pig. I think I did it in what will be Act 2 now that it's been split. Either that or I devoted myself to a ridiculous amount of levelling up.

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Sep 30, 12 4:01 PM
He can be stomped into a mud pie if your crew is over level 30.
It's the Stone Golem who thrashed my poor critters without mercy.

narquailan
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by narquailan on Sep 30, 12 5:48 PM
wow! all that for a few raddishes! stone golem, don't these RPG makers ever come up with something else, like, I don't know, snow golems or grass golems, something soft and burnable or meltable. Why is it always stone? Just pondering. So, the raddishes are upper left after I beat the unbeatable golem, which should be easy since I am mostly above a level 30, little dog who just escaped is gaing fast. Thanks every body. Next question...I saw a ship in a town and am guessing that at one point I will need to use that ship to get to other islands...perchance, is there a Human or part human that did not turn to stone some place and do I need to waste money on that greedy frog's ring in case I do find such a person?

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Sep 30, 12 6:22 PM
Well, in truth, the Mud Golem guards the way to only 1 radish ( though this radish does have many other tasty neighbors) it could have acted a bit ...squishier.
On the other hand the Stone Titan guards a very valuable artifact well worth a knock down drag out battle.
Ship? ....yes.
Human?....yes.
Money well spent is never wasted.

kavestar
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by kavestar on Sep 30, 12 7:39 PM
All the fruit you collect goes bad as soon as you enter the cube - as I did to get extra relics/artifacts.
Also I did not use any of my fruit or stuff in the game at all....there are so many heal sites that it was fine - I am playing in easier mode.
If you think that Golem is hard wait til the one on the other island the only way I sood a chance was to have the mouse anima with Katie and NEstor had the paralyzing power from a snake anima as well.

narquailan
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by narquailan on Oct 1, 12 1:09 AM
Ah yes, I discovered the rotten food bit by accident early on in the game. Thank goodness I had saved just before entering so I just reloaded, no loss. I was just joking about the golems, though it does seem as though they always make them stone golems.
Last night, I went hunting around for that steam room in the bunker. Didn't find, but I did find the nutty king. Boy, what a fruit loop! Anyway, finally got him to follow us to the boat and we are now on the next island, have met the horse, talked to several swans and defeated a thing at the entrance to a mountain, that half the crew did not want to traverse. Think I saved somewhere on the mountain.
This island looks a lot harder than home base island, but we will see. Thanks for all the tips. I feel as if I still need to finish some business on the home island. Does anyone know if You can make the sail more than once and return? Thanks again

ksjp17
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by ksjp17 on Oct 1, 12 3:09 AM
If you got the King, then you went through the steam room (though it then had no steam, so you might not have recognised it.)
Yes, you can sail back and forth as much as you like. Just a couple of things you might want to go back for if you didn't get them first time.
In the bunker, did you get the midget oil (and go back and collect all the artifacts and items that you couldn't get before) and the King's hoard of gold? Also, you need to check the bunch of roses in the room where the king was if you want to collect another quest.
The golem near Marmarosa Ruins gives an artifact which heals up HP for the party after each battle (at least, that is where I think I got it) and makes going through Mt Horus a lot easier.
Katie's perception points will also be higher now, so when you go back, you'll find stuff with the light bulb icon that you might have missed first time round.
Good luck!

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Oct 1, 12 5:23 AM
OMG, don't forget to check the crack in Bunker # 33 after collecting Midget Oil!
The steam room is # 37.
The King's hoard of gold is in # 31.

narquailan
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by narquailan on Oct 1, 12 11:10 AM
Cool! Thank you so very much you two! I am currently lost somewhere on that mountain, as soon as I can get down and get safely back to port, I think I will return to the old homeland and start some new searches...then try tackeling this place, which, by the way has some of my least favorite RPG monsters on it. I hate cocktrice, or however you spell it. I think the only thing I ever hated more was that little gumby critter in the original Final Fantasey, the one way out in the desert that gave you a bunch of either gold or experience points, but was a real pain to kill. That was my first RPG. What a thrill that one was. Well thanks again. Happy gamming!

Go to: