Reviews for Paris 1925

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for Paris 1925

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 1, 12 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Paris 1925? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Paris 1925 page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for Paris 1925

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 1, 12 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Oct 1, 12 12:50 AM
To me this game is absolutely adorable. And boy Ed's cute (young enough to be my son), but cute Wish my Ed was that cute, anyhoo!

Story: Young reporter wants to get his foot in the door and make the big time. He is still a young cub yet.

Graphics: Unbelievably realistic. Looks like you are looking at a photo on the screen. Excellent work

Music: Cheerful sometimes foot tapping.

Voice overs: Yes very clear awesome job.

Just in short, I am very impressed with this game. It's a fun game and I bought it. Another thing I liked about it was that they put the mini games in with the H0G scenes. It makes it nice to break the H0G scenes like that. Happy gaming!

PB2010
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by PB2010 on Oct 1, 12 12:55 AM
I was disappointed.

For me the best thing about this was the music. It isn't an adventure hog. The process seems very repetitive: 'find the fragments' and then do a jigsaw puzzle, then. Then move onto the next screenshot. The objects can be very small and you have to be very precise about clicking on them to pick them up.

I so wanted it to be better. But enjoy if you like this!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 1, 12 1:02 AM
Morning, all...

There is only 1 gameplay mode.

There is only 1 cursor.

There is voice-over.

There is no widescreen on my laptop.

Your NOTES are at the right.

You can't skip the dialogue or make it go away faster from what I have seen.

There will be "tests".

Also at the right is your HINT button, which takes an awfully long time to refill (90-100 seconds).

Many objects you need to find are super small.

I actually liked the game, but having to skip puzzles because they didn't work, and because there were just too many of the tiny objects to be found, I think I will give this one a miss - unless someone can explain to me how those puzzles work and how to take a picture. LOL

Edited to take out the spoilers, because I have now added those to another thread.

Edited on 10/01/2012 at 1:42:07 AM PST

crawle1960
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by crawle1960 on Oct 1, 12 1:20 AM

Edited on 10/01/2012 at 2:20:51 AM PST

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Oct 1, 12 1:26 AM
You are a cub reporter / photographer on your first routine assignment to cover an exhibition at an art gallery. You and your camera arrive to find the featured artist dead -- probably murdered.

You narrate your story, sometimes. You interact with other characters. The questions you ask them are not voice acted. The questions you choose apparently give you different leads to follow (I should have asked different questions. )

The artwork, although widescreen, is modest at best. Nothing about this is dark and eerie -- it's more like a comic book presentation.

All of the above I found to be quite likeable, as a matter of fact…

Unfortunately, the bulk of the game is find x number of like items, do puzzles, find more items, do more puzzles. Looks like there will be a lot of jigsaws, you pick up a lot of torn pieces. There is just too much of all that between chances for the story to progress. There is certainly no adventure tasking to be had.

So disappointing, because the opening cut scene had a spark of fun.

This game worked without issues on an iMac running LION 10.7.5.

Lilac13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by Lilac13 on Oct 1, 12 1:34 AM

Edited on 10/01/2012 at 2:30:04 AM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Oct 1, 12 1:43 AM
This is a game with a nice enough idea that dramatically illustrates how carelessness by the developers can completely ruin the whole thing. The devs have destoyed any redeeming qualities the game may have had in concept. It looks and plays very similarly to HdO games, but those games look like 10/10s compared to this poorly done game.

First, it's what I call an eye test game----meaning that the objects to find are ridiculously small or totally blended in to the background to point of not being able to be seen. I'm sorry, but the idea of hidden objects shoiuld be in clever placement, not tiny, tiny things that are next to impossible to see.

Second, the puzzles can be ridiculously difficult without much explanation as to how they are supposed to work----stupid, careless, and annoying.

Third, the story is weak, or nonexistent. Of course, any game that starts with "let's gather the things we need" is always a big sign that the game is going nowhere fast.

The graphics are grainy and colorless.

I always ask myself if the game is fun to play, or is the potential there----and the answer here is NO, it is a chore and a severe test of patience----but there is one big scare about the game----and that is that this is only part 1!! ----very frightening to think about sequels to this very poorly done game.

Worst game I've seen this year----looks like it may have actually been done in 1925.

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Oct 1, 12 2:42 AM
Although I found that there are a few troublesome features about this game like very vague instructions, miniscule parts to be found and precise actions required with the mouse, I actually found the game quite amusing and there is a degree of fun factor that makes me want to buy and continue on with the adventure. There is alot to do, play HO scenes, interview suspects, play mini-games, do puzzles, take photos and write up articles. There are some flaws int hat I found myself frozen in the art gallery and had to re-play from the begining under a new profile. After that, everything ran smoothly. The one thing that caught my attention and I am hoping anyone noticed, the secretary in the office was wearing a short skirt above the knees and high boots. I am wondering how that is a costume worn in the 20s????. There is just something about the variety of game mechanics involved that caught my attention in that the game is not boring and the story is well written. I think it deserves some credit and I for one do look forward to continuing.

AussieMoo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by AussieMoo on Oct 1, 12 3:58 AM
Sooooooooo disappointed. I was all set to love it, being set in Paris, and all it did was annoy me with tiny things to find & repetitive task. Sigh.

tishythree
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by tishythree on Oct 1, 12 5:32 AM
thought it was too good to be true and it certainly is what a load of rubbish having to use a magnifier to see items is not my idea of fun another truly appaling game

handbells
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by handbells on Oct 1, 12 6:29 AM
I really wanted to like this game. I like having to find so many of object x, jigsaws, ect. Unfortunately, this game was just too frustrating. Objects were small, your cursor had to be in the precise spot for it to change. I used the hint once and then could not get it work again, despite waiting and waiting for a recharge. The last straw was when trying to get a puzzle to work, the game kept telling me I couldn't do it, but it was the only solution. So very frustrating!

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Oct 1, 12 6:48 AM
objects are too small..............NO GOOD.--------doug &lisa

Southla
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Southla on Oct 1, 12 6:51 AM
I don't know about this one. I have 11 minutes left before deciding to purchase and I'm still not sure.
I find the items really difficult to find as they are really small. The hints recharge very slowly and in some scenes, not at all (where the body lies in the gallery) the hint clock has been stuck for 5 minutes so I can't get any help.
The camera is easy to use, you just have to pay attention to the instructions.
The artwork is pleasant, the music got to me after a while.
Some of the puzzles are indeed "quite puzzling"...I hate skipping puzzles but in this case, I had to skip at least 2.
All and all, I'm still on the fence about purchasing this one. I guess I'll wait untill I see more hints posted in the forums to see if I can go ahead.

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Oct 1, 12 9:01 AM
This one will be a buy for me & a recommendation

But do have a cup of coffee before delving in! because this game sure makes you think (so hard this early in the morning!) - but for me that's what is making it fun! Yes there are some super small & well blended items - but there's a hint button (used it once so far).

The games are really clever & so far pretty darn unique.

I'd put this one in the "stumble blind" category - but in a good way! It's fun to not know the dev, to not know exactly what you're supposed to do or where you're supposed to go - great, great sense of accomplishment every time I figure something out!

I think it's all in the mindset...this is not yesterday's CE - no drop dead lovely graphics, nor a story that sucks you in immediately - it's more puzzle than plot so far - but enjoyable for what it is - a nifty change of pace & some good brain food for a Monday morning!

Happy gaming!

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Oct 1, 12 12:23 PM
I really like this game. it has a good hint system and you dont have to go back and forth all the time. not to many objects to find. When 60 minutes of game was over I went ahead and bought the game.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Oct 1, 12 12:50 PM
This game started off with lots of potential for me as I love the find x of this and y of that. I love those jigsaw type mini games too. The parts of the items weren't too small for me (I like the challenge). The taking pictures took some getting used to i.e. you had to click and slide your mouse with the subject dead centre.

And then it happened...! Multiple choice conversation! Hate it !!!!! As soon as I got to the gallery and got into conversation with the gallery owner, that was it for me! Delete delete! So disappointed because I think this would have been a great game. (And probably still is for those who don't mind multiple choice conversation).

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Oct 1, 12 1:12 PM
Story Good, Camera & very very small objects bad No Buy No Use Credit.
Company needs to retool this one.

dst12
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by dst12 on Oct 1, 12 3:56 PM
What hint, I do not have a hind only ignor the puzzle,why spend money on a game
when I keep on skipping the puzzles? . also got stuck the drawers (Ao5) moves only couple spaces. I think there is something wrong with the game, I hope BF will fix this problem.
I like the idea of the game, but need fixing, then I buy.

Go to: