Getting cannon to fire

[Post New]by Michaela91 on Oct 1, 12 6:11 AM
I can not get the cannon to fire. I have set the gauges to 3 on the left and 5 on the right but despite clicking everywhere on the cannon I can not get it to fire. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game to no avail.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Getting cannon to fire

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 2, 12 4:27 AM
Hi Michaela91,

Welcome to the Pond!

I would suggest having a look at the built in game Strategy Guide to make sure that no other tasks need to be completed first, as sometimes, tasks need to be tackled in a certain order.

If the problems persist and you feel like this may be a tech issue, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to offer some more specific support.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 10/02/2012 at 4:33:13 AM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Oct 8, 12 1:37 AM
Welcome to the forum Michaela91!
I can't remember which side does what specifically, but I do remember that 5 is the "altitude", or vertical, up and down movement. So play with the controls and see which one moves it up and down and set that one to 5. Also, check you have the cannon ready to fire, SPOILER (highlight the white text with your cursor to read): Insert the statue head, then the gunpowder packet. Then close the cannon and click on it to fire (I clicked the hatch).
END SPOILER. Hope that helps!

[Post New]by lukula on Oct 13, 12 11:44 PM
I have the same problem like Michaela91. Tried everything, but the cannon does not fire.
Has anyone a good idea?? Love the game, but now can't finish it.

pygmycat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by pygmycat on Nov 3, 12 11:29 AM
I am also unable to get the cannon to fire. I have tried every possible combination of numbers and touched the cannon all over. I don't have anything left in my inventory right now but the telescope/spyglass and I put in the statue head and gunpowder already. Does anyone know if this is a technical problem or if I am still doing something wrong?

Edited on 11/03/2012 at 11:31:25 AM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 4, 12 10:32 PM
pygmycat wrote:I am also unable to get the cannon to fire. I have tried every possible combination of numbers and touched the cannon all over. I don't have anything left in my inventory right now but the telescope/spyglass and I put in the statue head and gunpowder already. Does anyone know if this is a technical problem or if I am still doing something wrong?

I'm not positive, but didn't you have to use the spyglass in order to get the numbers 3 and 5? If that's not where you got those numbers then you may have missed a step and have to place the spyglass next to the cannon on it's stand- you shouldn't still have it in your inventory.

Edited on 11/04/2012 at 10:36:18 PM PST

[Post New]by lukula on Nov 24, 12 5:32 AM
Thank You so much WilJul, finally I could fire the cannon!!
Forgot to place the spyglass, this was the problem.

Go to: