bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Where Angels Cry technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 2, 12 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Where Angels Cry technical issues here only

[Post New]by OliveRidley on Oct 2, 12 3:02 AM
Playing on PC. I can't even get past the enter players name screen, it wouldn't let me do anything at all. I had to get the Task Manager to shut it down. I did try uninstalling and then re-installing, it made no difference.

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Oct 2, 12 3:23 AM
Just did the same thing to me. Wonder what's wrong. I will try installing again but since it didn't help you, probably won't help me. Playing on Laptop with Vista, very seldom have troubles with BF games.

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Oct 2, 12 3:26 AM
can you press Enter on your keyboard when this happens? perhaps Enter will take you to the next screen.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 2, 12 3:31 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that the game won't react at all when you open it!

When a game freezes like this and uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't help, the reason is sometimes connected to the drivers on your computer needing a small update. You can find some steps on how to do that here:

Should the game still not react when you try to open it, feel free to get in touch with our Tech Support so they can have a look at that for you.

It would definitely help them if you include a Dr. Felix report with your message as well. This way they will have all the information right at hand!

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

ladytdd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by ladytdd on Oct 2, 12 4:46 AM
As soon as "play" is selected I get the following message: "CAGE ERROR: [DirectX9_RenderSystem.cpp:175] unable to Direct3D Device!-----------------
Please check if you're running the latest version of the game, it's possible this issue has been previously replaced or fixed. If not, please contact tech support responsible for your copy of this game. Sorry for your inconvenience!" I took a picture but couldn't attach it.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 2, 12 7:54 AM
Hi ladytdd,

This definitely sounds like something our Tech Support Team will be able to help you with.

Please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to them, attaching that picture you took if you can.

They will be happy to work with you and provide more a dedicated support than we can supply via the Forums.

Thank you for working with us!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 10/02/2012 at 12:13:28 PM PST

[Post New]by Phoenix1123 on Oct 2, 12 9:41 AM
I have the identical problem. Running Vista, 64Bit, all drivers are up-to-date. I have never encountered this issue before.

harrold
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by harrold on Oct 2, 12 12:03 PM
have uninstalled and reinstalled this game and it is still coming up with script error. hope you can help me

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 2, 12 12:36 PM
Hi Phoenix1123 and harrold,

It sounds like it would be best for our Tech Support Team to start working with you directly to get those errors taken care of.

If you haven't already done so, please run our Dr. Felix Report. This has a lot of information about how the game is running on your computer that will help Tech Support pinpoint where the problem is coming from.

You can send that info to them by attaching it to a support ticket through our Contact Us page. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by JirafaVanidosa on Oct 2, 12 12:48 PM
ladytdd wrote:As soon as "play" is selected I get the following message: "CAGE ERROR: [DirectX9_RenderSystem.cpp:175] unable to Direct3D Device!-----------------
Please check if you're running the latest version of the game, it's possible this issue has been previously replaced or fixed. If not, please contact tech support responsible for your copy of this game. Sorry for your inconvenience!" I took a picture but couldn't attach it.

I had the same problem with this game, but I could resolve it. Maybe this will work for you too. Try to run the game as Administrator. This link will help you to do it:

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1748.

hdnobjgamluvr
Shark
Shark
12,611 Posts

[Post New]by hdnobjgamluvr on Oct 2, 12 9:53 PM
Can't enter my name either. And yes, I have all the latest drivers.

Not a good start

seahoney
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by seahoney on Oct 2, 12 10:49 PM
I just downloaded the game anxious to play and it stated trial was over. Huh I am completely mystified. Any suggestions?

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Oct 2, 12 10:51 PM
hdnobjgamluvr wrote:Can't enter my name either. And yes, I have all the latest drivers.

Not a good start

try to press Enter on your keyboard while on the "Player" screen. Perhaps it will let you move on. If so, you can change your name anytime from the Main Menu.

hdnobjgamluvr
Shark
Shark
12,611 Posts

[Post New]by hdnobjgamluvr on Oct 3, 12 12:06 AM
ivanbral wrote:
hdnobjgamluvr wrote:Can't enter my name either. And yes, I have all the latest drivers.

Not a good start

try to press Enter on your keyboard while on the "Player" screen. Perhaps it will let you move on. If so, you can change your name anytime from the Main Menu.

Did that already. Thanks tho Still doesn't do anything. Too bad, I'd really like to try the game.

Edited on 10/03/2012 at 12:09:07 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 3, 12 12:30 AM
Hi Fishies,

A script error normally indicates an incompatibility between the game and the computer trying to run. There is a great help article here, with some advice on what you can do to combat this error message.

Running your game as an administrator should help if you are having trouble setting up a profile to play under as this ensures you have the permissions to create a save file. You can find help on how to do this here.

When a trail shows as expired, the best thing to do is to uninstalling and reinstalling the game as that normally helps.

If you are still having trouble though, you could try to update some of the elements that run this game as the computer having trouble loading a game is another reason that trial expired message will appear.

If further assistance is required though, please feel free to get in touch with our our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to help and provide dedicated support for your particular issue.

Hoping this is helpful!

bfgBaikal

hdnobjgamluvr
Shark
Shark
12,611 Posts

[Post New]by hdnobjgamluvr on Oct 3, 12 12:39 AM
Hi bfgBaikal. Re: Running game as Adminstrator: I have over 200 games and have never had to do that with any of them. If I have to do all that just to play one game, and a trial at that, it's just not worth the trouble.

Thanks for suggestions, tho. I'll just pass on this one.

sackese
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by sackese on Oct 3, 12 11:01 AM
Downloaded the trial, and as several others nothing happens on the "Enter player name", keyboard dead (except for switching back to desktop), can't click on the "accept" checkmark, and only way to end it is via task manager.

This is a a mayor bug, as everything else in my computer is up to date.

Edited on 10/03/2012 at 11:02:42 AM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 3, 12 11:43 AM
Hi sackese,

If you haven't already done so, please check out the suggestions in the help article I'm linking below. We find these help many customers that run into the sort of issue you're having.

If they don't help get things working correctly with the game, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to take a look at how the game is running on your particular system and can work with you directly on some more specific troubleshooting suggestions.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Oct 3, 12 7:09 PM
Every driver on my laptop is up-to-date. I am having exactly the same problem everyone here is having. It isn't us, it is the game.

I have never had a problem like this either. Not worth the trouble unfortunately. Deleting the game.

Go to: