ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

Talk with the developers of Where Angels Cry here!

[Post New]by ivanbral on Oct 2, 12 3:00 AM
Hi everyone!

I believe that some of you already know me ...but, just in case - I'm the producer in Cateia Games - the developer behind Where Angels Cry.

as always, I would very much like to hear your comments & suggestions... The more we hear from you, the more improvements we can make in our next game.

Many of the suggestions you gave us before are now a part of Where Angels Cry. Bellow is a list of some cool and interesting features we made for this game:
- HD Graphics (run the game with crystal clear visuals - if the hardware supports it)
- Diary (provides you with most important game events + some interesting background story details)
- 3 fully customizable game-play modes
- 20 Achievements
- 21 Special (hidden) items to collect
- Smart (guided) Hint that will never leave you wandering around

And one of my personal favorites:
- Game Info (you can find it in Diary) - it gives you some cool statistics about your play, like: number of times you used the hint, skip, number of items you found, and number of times you click the mouse buttons! Let me know how many clicks it took you to finish the game!

So, keep your comments coming - I'll stay around the forum for few days trying to catch up with everyone

best,
Cateia Games Producer

Edited on 10/02/2012 at 3:18:24 AM PST

Re:Talk with the developers of Where Angels Cry here!

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Oct 2, 12 4:25 AM
All I can say, this was a great game. I love it. But I hate the puzzles where you must turn on the lights.

My compliments to you.

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Oct 2, 12 4:28 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:All I can say, this was a great game. I love it. But I hate the puzzles where you must turn on the lights.

My compliments to you.

thanks!

anki6969
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by anki6969 on Oct 2, 12 4:33 AM
I just want to say Thank You! for this excellent game

I only played 10 minutes before I exited to buy.

The graphics (thanks for HD), the music, the voiceovers, the story, I could continue, I love everything

You had me at the intro

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Talk with the developers of Where Angels Cry here!

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 2, 12 4:43 AM
Hello Ivanbral...

Thank you very much for coming here, and listen to our comments and suggestions.

I love all the things you have listed, including the fact that I get widescreen on my 15inch Sony Vaio laptop - something that I get with many developers but not all of them.

I very much enjoy this game - played the trial version and bought the game.

However, as I mentioned in my review, the one thing I really don't like are those "sun beams" that are incorporated into the game. When the sun streams into a room or through the trees or anywhere else in a scene, it makes it very hard for me to see things. It's just as well there are no hidden object scenes, because I always had trouble finding objects when the sun shown onto the scene - so to speak.

I almost feel like I am looking at the real thing, and want to put my sunglasses on. LOL

Now, since nothing is really gained by adding those effects, is it possible to just leave them out? I used to see them in a lot of HOGs, but thankfully they are no longer a part in most of those games.

--- --- ---

And before I forget it: is it possible to shorten the fill/refill time for the SKIP and HINT button, especially in Casual mode?
Again, nothing is gained by drawing it out, and making me sit there and wait for either to fill/refill. I should be able to use it without having to wait for it for such a long time. I think that 30 seconds, at the most, is really long enough.

Thanks for reading.

Valdy

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Oct 2, 12 5:04 AM
it's great to read that you like the game!
and, glad to see that you are enjoying HD graphics. We are proud of it!

-about the Map - yes, there's no map (we did gave it a thought before) because most people didn't need it. I hope you you'll still enjoy the game without the map

-about the sun beams - could it be that your screen is a bit too bright? I mean, I never heard before any complains about the sun beams. I'm sorry to hear that they troubling you, though.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Oct 2, 12 5:28 AM
hi ivan, didnt you also do "Fate of the Pharaoh"? will you be doing more builders? it is one of my faves..

i am downloading "Angels" now, and really looking foward to playing...

always great when devs care enough to pop in here and see what we think...

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Oct 2, 12 5:33 AM
Hiya Ivan,

I tried the demo and bought straight away, excellent! I love games where I have to use more brain cells. Thank You!

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Oct 2, 12 5:35 AM
bella81762 wrote:hi ivan, didnt you also do "Fate of the Pharaoh"? will you be doing more builders? it is one of my faves..

yes, Cateia is a dev behind Fate of the Pharaoh. Glad you enjoyed that game. I cannot tell you more about our plans for new "builder" games right now, but I can tell you builder games are my favorite to design

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Oct 2, 12 5:40 AM
ivanbral wrote:
bella81762 wrote:hi ivan, didnt you also do "Fate of the Pharaoh"? will you be doing more builders? it is one of my faves..

yes, Cateia is a dev behind Fate of the Pharaoh. Glad you enjoyed that game. I cannot tell you more about our plans for new "builder" games right now, but I can tell you builder games are my favorite to design

thats great...people are really starting to embrace them, the length, cheerful stories, i remember when "Fate" was still being devoleped..i checked your site near everyday,,lol...whenever i see a new builder in the works i obsess..lol

well off to demo....back in a hour

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 2, 12 5:45 AM
ivanbral wrote:-about the sun beams - could it be that your screen is a bit too bright? I mean, I never heard before any complains about the sun beams. I'm sorry to hear that they troubling you, though.

You are right, I am usually the only person who complaints about the "sun beam" effect, because it annoys me having part of the scene brighter than the rest of the scene.
My screen is not too bright. If it were, ALL of the scene would be affected, not just that one part.

To give you an example: In the Infirmary, in the daytime, you see the light coming through the windows at the right. That's what I call "sun beams". They are not too bad in certain parts of the game, but very intrusive in other parts. It's all very well, making it realistic-looking with shafts of bright light coming through trees and windows, but they do brighten up the areas affected enough for me to often not see objects clearly.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Oct 2, 12 6:16 AM
Hello ivanbral,

It's always so great when a developer takes the time to read reviews and ask questions. I'm a huge fan of all of your games. You and all of your team should be very proud for putting out such terrific games.

I have my own rating system for games. I give this game of yours a "Fine Swine"!! Well Done!

Thank you again for taking the time to visit us and care what we think. It matters! I look forward to more games in the future.

Best Regards,
Lisa

“These are my terms" for hogs, I hogs, frogs & adventure games.

“FINE SWINE”
Great game! Best graphics and storyline. All the bells and whistles! The best and greatest of games! I love it!

“PIGLET”
Good game. I like these little gems! This game is for true lovers of these types of games.

“PORK BELLY”
May be a likable game for some, but not for everyone. It’s just mediocre.

“TROTTERS”
Don't run away with this pig’s foot. LOL

“PIG DOWN”
Rolling in the mud! Don’t go near it or you'll get soiled.
‘ ‘
(o)

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Oct 2, 12 6:17 AM
I was so excited about this game that I bought until close to the end of the game the gamer is forced to make a decision of life or death. The game ended there for me as I admit I was shocked! I will not allow my imagination to take me where it was being forced to go for the sake of a game.

A game I thought was so innocent and fun working at a monastery to solve the mystery of a statue of an Angel that looked as if it wept tears of blood. It was fun doing the tasks. The voice overs were well done. Graphics beautifully done. I was really enjoying the game until nearly at the end of the game when it was ruined for me and removed from my computer.

Everyone has morals and to do what the game developer asks of a gamer to do just crossed the line of my morality. My Children will never play this game. I am glad I did it first so I can protect them.

Everyone has to make their own decisions how far they will allow their imagination to take them for the sake of playing a game, and I have made mine. I regret buying the game but how else could I warn others.

If anyone wants to know what the Game Developer wants the Gamer to do in order to win the game email me. I have to admit I have played many games but never saw anything like what is asked for the gamer to do . In my opinion and no one has to agree with me, it is highly offensive.

For now on I will be more cautious before rating a game. There was no warning I really was caught off guard and thought it was a innocent game. In my opinion it is not.

To my BFG Members please do not be offended this is my opinion and I had to write it because I shudder how many bought the game because of my previous rave reviews.

I apologize to everyone who writes me and lets me know they purchase games after reading my opinion of a game.

Edited on 10/03/2012 at 8:24:12 PM PST

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Oct 2, 12 6:40 AM
how nice it's to read such great comments!
thanks, everyone! I'll tell my team about this. I'm sure they'll be proud.

Edited on 10/02/2012 at 6:47:48 AM PST

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Oct 2, 12 7:15 AM
HI Ivanbral, Thank you for all the hard work you put in on this game. I would not change a thing about it, it is just perfect . I have your other games so did not need to demo this before buying because I just knew you would not let us down. Can't wait to see what you will do next!!

Elirana
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by Elirana on Oct 2, 12 8:16 AM
Hi Ivan,
Botheration! Just waiting for the Demo to download as I always do to check it works OK but if I'd known it was a Cateia game I wouldn't have bothered I'd just have downloaded the full version.
Won't be buying but will be using my freebee code so I get a double whammy. A great game (if the others are anything to go by) for free. Yeah! If I hadn't had a PCC I'd have bought it anyway.
Thanks for talking and listening to us.

Oh! and by the way, I'm a wind-up merchant. My favourite hobby.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Oct 2, 12 9:48 AM
Thank you Ivanbral and your team! It's just a very good game
The only thing, in my humble opinion, the skip time should be shorter. I agree with Sherryah, I guess I'm impatient to continue the game.
Nice graphics, voice and theme.
Thank you again to be in touch with us
Minesita

barelyberlee
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by barelyberlee on Oct 2, 12 10:34 AM
Thoroughly enjoying this game thank you very much for making it. My only suggestion is, I like to take breaks throughout the game so it lasts a bit longer. I like to just go to window screen and do a few other things and then go back to it, instead of having to get completely out of the game. Thanks again for a great game

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Oct 2, 12 10:50 AM
Hello Ivan
Just love it when the developers come and visit and even more when they listen to what we want in a game!
I love the demo and will most certainly purchase it. I'm an adventure game lover, there are so few here but BFG is my favorite gaming place so I wait and wait

The only complaint I have is the length. I just love a game I can sink myself into for a few days like a good book. So I'll just consider this one a good 'short story'.

The storyline is great, love that it fills my screen, voice overs are always a plus to me and everything just seems to flow and make sense.

Thanks for the great game and I'll be looking forward to the next one out!

Need to add, I love the way you did the notebook and offer the hints if needed instead of forcing them at you like some devs do. You only get the little push you need instead of the entire answer
Good job, Peeshee

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Oct 2, 12 10:56 AM
well, i am back,,and it was a very good game,,,,but.....much too short...less thenb 3 hours,,,(in ce games many are that length not including bonus, so forgivable in a se) this is exactly what has driven me away from Hogs, and adventure lite games...

some builders can take days,,, hogs your lucky to get a few hours..

Go to: