Re:Trivia Machine - Released on January 01, 2005

[Post New]by constacat on Aug 31, 08 11:37 AM
Does Trivia Machine not work with Vista???

I just got it down loaded on my new laptop and the screen goes black. I can hear the sound affects, but the screen is blank.

It's the only one of my old games I can't get to run on the new machine.

Thanks.

KellyB
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by KellyB on Sep 25, 08 4:57 PM
I really liked this game a few years ago. It has been a while now so I may have to try it again to see if I still think so!

[Post New]by US19561960 on Jul 3, 10 4:40 PM
my laptop is running vista and i also got the blank screen at first.however i tried again and it worked the second time ive played the demo and now need to know if there are updates for the questions before i decide to purchase it.

only downside to it is that the tv questions are mostly US programmes and here in England we don't get most of them.

[Post New]by aleckit on Jul 31, 10 12:10 PM
constacat wrote:Does Trivia Machine not work with Vista???

I just got it down loaded on my new laptop and the screen goes black. I can hear the sound affects, but the screen is blank.

It's the only one of my old games I can't get to run on the new machine.

Thanks.

omphalos in Greek means navel and not naval as quoted in your question. Your answer is correct. Omphalos is in the center of things, one's navel being in the center of the body

zener
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by zener on Jan 5, 11 12:18 AM
Thought as a DD Trivia Machine would be good when tired of more intense games - but as I am not a USA resident many of the questions are impossible to answer (just as if a geography question asked what you would be doing on the Tongariro Crossing - Demolition Car Racing, Tramping, Train Spotting or Boating would be meaningless to someone who did not know New Zealand well - the answer is Tramping)

Can one download more generic question to overwrite the US biased ones ?
Thanks

[Post New]by Mancunian_Nick on May 3, 12 3:29 AM
BlueStarFish wrote:This game looks and feels old and outdated. It is clunky. The questions seem old, too, but there was an option to automatiaclly download new questions, didn't try that.
i won't be buying this game, as a lot of the TV, Sports, Culture questions were about American cultural phenomena with incomprehensible abbreviations; how should I know what NFL is or who won the world series (in what sport anyway) when the choice are teamnames that doesn't even sound like they're doing sports.
Florida Marlins... what do they do - fishing contests?

There should have been a choice of geographical location - The Americas, Europe, Asia etc so that at least those culturally based questions would be screened.
Non-US players are doomed in this game.

I so TOTALLY agree with you Fish. I'm also in the UK and find they are so TOTALLY American biased it really spoils this otherwise enjoyable game for me!

What makes it worse and more frustrating for me is that there is an option to download new questions so why, I ask myself, can't there be an option to input your country of residence and download questions applicable to that country or even more generally, as you rightly suggest. I simply don't understand why this basic concept wasn't grasped by the producers? For me it totally spoils what is otherwise a good trivia game.

[Post New]by Mancunian_Nick on May 3, 12 3:32 AM
zener wrote:Thought as a DD Trivia Machine would be good when tired of more intense games - but as I am not a USA resident many of the questions are impossible to answer (just as if a geography question asked what you would be doing on the Tongariro Crossing - Demolition Car Racing, Tramping, Train Spotting or Boating would be meaningless to someone who did not know New Zealand well - the answer is Tramping)

Can one download more generic question to overwrite the US biased ones ?
Thanks

I'll TOTALLY second that motion, zena!! You'd have thought by now Big Fish would take the hint or at least bring out an alternative version for those not in the US!

Go to: