Any comments fishies?

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Todays DD October 4 2012

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Oct 4, 12 12:47 AM
Hi Cleo,
Seems to be a good deal tonight for LFA Sherlock Holmes fans.
There is a Trial period - but at least it seems that you DL the entire game for those like me who have a monthly DL limit and don't have to DL it again if you decide to purchase it.
Cheers

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Oct 4, 12 1:14 AM
Great deal on a LF game and a rare demo. This has in built tips, loads of options - you can play first person or third (hit R key) or go to main menu for a variety of keyboard shortcuts. Don't forget to scroll down to get the full variety of options.

It's a large file game so you need to manually save it (press escape) and go into the save area.

Right click to bring up your work area where you have tips (hit the question mark key) and inventory (items) and the map, documents. The transporter map will have new areas open up either when you discover them manually or sometimes in course of the game it automatically will bring it up.

These are not easy games the sherlock holmes and with so many configurations etc the learning curve is a bit steep on them. But if you love clues and really following stories rather than a 'syberia' type game or want a change then this DD is a great opportunity.

I'm playing sherlock holmes vs jack the ripper at the minute and actually much prefer this game so even if you tried SH vs JR and didn't like it try this.

Edited on 10/04/2012 at 1:17:29 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 4, 12 4:00 AM
This game sits between The Awakened and Jack the Ripper. All three have a different slant. This is a puzzle adventure with the emphasis on puzzles.

As gingergal says, none of these games is easy.

Edited on 10/04/2012 at 4:01:36 AM PST

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Oct 4, 12 4:13 AM
In the description it is a HOPA but....I have not seen any HO. I have a sinking feeling that it is somewhat like the Silver Earring game which kills it for me - that is one of the few games I have never been able to finish, even with a walkthrough, due to the timer on the fire in the ruins (still burning to this day!). Does this one have anything like that? Without the timed parts I might give it a try....
I just looked in the comments thread and I see this was also released as Nemesis, in which case I already own it (but have never played it). Guess i will not be supporting breast cancer today.....Hopefully tomorrow!

Edited on 10/04/2012 at 4:17:31 AM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Oct 4, 12 4:00 PM
twinsoniclab wrote:Try it out before buying. I would love to play it, but it's one of those 360 degree ones that make me sick!

You don't need to play it in that mode you have a choice. I can't play many 360 games as I have the same problem.

Although the cutscenes are from one perspective all you need to do is press the R button to toggle between 360 and not in gameplay.

I'm nearly sure this doesn't have any timed elements in it.

Edited on 10/04/2012 at 4:01:10 PM PST

Go to: