bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 4, 12 12:36 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by veryoldlady on Oct 4, 12 12:42 AM
wouldnt let me play demo said time was up.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Re:Post any Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by sassylassie on Oct 4, 12 1:06 AM
Uninstall and re-install is what is said should work

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Oct 4, 12 1:54 AM
Hi veryoldlady,

As sassylassie suggested I would encourage you to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game, as that normally helps.

Another tip would be to check if running a small update could help your games performance. Sometimes the trial expires because the game is unable to open and the advice in the help article here will improve your chances of the game opening.

I hope this helps!

bfgTokoro

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Oct 4, 12 7:42 AM
This game won't activate my game manager. It wouldn't download when I clicked try. I opened my game manager and then was able to download it but now when I click on the game icon it freezes up my game manager and won't start. I can play by opening the game manager first but I'm leery of buying because of this issue and would like to buy it.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 4, 12 8:24 AM
Hi hydrogibbon,

To me it sounds like these issues may be caused by the Game Manager rather than the game itself.

I have come across something like this before though and generally, uninstalling and reinstalling your Game Manager sorts this out!

If the error persists after doing so though, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

maglad
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by maglad on Oct 4, 12 10:57 AM
Won't let me pick up the acid bottle - very frustrating as I think this is a really good innovative game which I purchased after playing the demo,.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 4, 12 11:19 AM
Hi maglad,

If you're unable to interact with an item, it can sometimes help to uninstall and reinstall the game. You can find more information on how to do that here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If that's not helping, you can let our Tech Support Team know what's happening, and they'll be happy to assist you further.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Oct 4, 12 11:44 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi hydrogibbon,

To me it sounds like these issues may be caused by the Game Manager rather than the game itself.

I have come across something like this before though and generally, <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1634">uninstalling and reinstalling</a> your Game Manager sorts this out!

If the error persists after doing so though, please contact <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page>Tech Support</a> for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

Thank you. I did it and now it works.

bfgBaikal

rosiekb
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by rosiekb on Oct 4, 12 2:50 PM
Well, I've tried uninstalling the game, uninstalling and reinstalling game manager and still have the same problem with big white squares on the screen where the acid bottle is. This is so frustrating BFG. I'm a loyal customer and have spent thousands on games over the years. Please give me suggestions to solve this problem which doesn't include starting from scratch!!!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 4, 12 2:58 PM
Hi rosiekb,

Since your issue involves how the game is displaying at that particular spot, it might also help to check for updates to your video card and graphics drivers. We go over how to do that in our help article here.

If that doesn't help, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They are much better equipped to delve into the specific issue you're having and can working with you directly to get this resolved.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Oct 4, 12 5:24 PM
I am having the same problem with the acid bottle and I did uninstall & reinstall the game - didn't work then tried under a different name & still got the same problem. YOU NEED TO FIX THIS!!!!!

By using the 2mm from vial it worked!! Thank You

Edited on 10/05/2012 at 5:27:33 PM PST

Ryvon
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Ryvon on Oct 4, 12 6:13 PM
I am having the same problem with the freezing and white squares. I have deleted and reinstalled, and also updated any drivers. My driver manager states that video card and drivers are up to date. I am not very happy about this either as I was enjoying the game

Just finished. signed on as another player and used the hint button to give basic arrow direction until I reached this point of the game and it played through without any further trouble after that.

Edited on 10/05/2012 at 1:04:32 AM PST

kpajak
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by kpajak on Oct 4, 12 7:11 PM
ok, this is the second game in a week that has a glitch in it, very frustrating, I'm also getting the white boxes when I need to get the acid. I've uninstalled and reinstalled no luck, and I was loving this game. GRRRRR

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Oct 4, 12 9:27 PM
I'm wondering if I have a different glitch. Is anyone else constantly showing a task to perform in the Armory (the ! on that location on the map)? There are no indications when I go to that location (no sparkles, no magnifying glass, hand, etc.). The only thing I get when I click all over and mouse over the scene is an eye over the swordfish mounted in the upper left corner, with a comment about it having seen better days. I have tried using the hint, but only get directed to the right side of the screen. I have finished everything, including removing the panel inside the cabinet and retrieving the items from the cubbyhole.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Oct 4, 12 9:51 PM
Well, this seems very minor compared to all the other issues, but here goes - I was not able to acquire the hidden object use no hints achievement. I never once used the hint the entire game, yet it said I only completed about half of the hogs without a hint. What's that about?!!!

ETA: playing on a MAC 10.5.8

Edited on 10/04/2012 at 10:02:45 PM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Oct 4, 12 10:33 PM
WilJul wrote:Well, this seems very minor compared to all the other issues, but here goes - I was not able to acquire the hidden object use no hints achievement. I never once used the hint the entire game, yet it said I only completed about half of the hogs without a hint. What's that about?!!!

ETA: playing on a MAC 10.5.8

Yes, this might not be a major problem, but as someone else who likes to gain all of the achievements available, I also found the same happened to me.
"17/34 HOS with no Hints"
I seemed to remember that when you played a HOS for the second time you didn't receive a "message". Maybe this is the problem - the second time around doesn't count (which would be a programming fault).
I wonder if it was the same for those who completed the game playing mahjong instead of the HOS. It would be interesting to know.
I played on a PC with Windows 7, so it doesn't seem to be a gaming platform issue.
Cheers

[Post New]by Kelcytastic on Oct 4, 12 10:37 PM
I download the game and then can't install it. I have tried all the remedies listed online for this issue and still nothing works. I get to 10% complete and then it sits there for a long time and then says installation failed.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Oct 4, 12 10:44 PM
kpajak wrote:ok, this is the second game in a week that has a glitch in it, very frustrating, I'm also getting the white boxes when I need to get the acid. I've uninstalled and reinstalled no luck, and I was loving this game. GRRRRR

I took the bottle, but only when I clicked about 2 mm right of it. When I clicked straight on the bottle, I was thrown from the zoom.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Oct 5, 12 1:26 AM
thistle809 wrote:I'm wondering if I have a different glitch. Is anyone else constantly showing a task to perform in the Armory (the ! on that location on the map)? There are no indications when I go to that location (no sparkles, no magnifying glass, hand, etc.). The only thing I get when I click all over and mouse over the scene is an eye over the swordfish mounted in the upper left corner, with a comment about it having seen better days. I have tried using the hint, but only get directed to the right side of the screen. I have finished everything, including removing the panel inside the cabinet and retrieving the items from the cubbyhole.

Yes I had this same issue but by the end of the main game it does stop showing a task to perform in the Armory. I ended up just ignoring it!

Go to: