bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

UPDATED Mac version now available! October 10, 2012

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 4, 12 12:42 AM
You can give this game a go by going to the game page here. The gameplay will be the same across both PC and Mac platforms, so please feel free to use this Forum for any questions, tips and tricks with other Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits Collector's Edition players.

If you encounter any technical trouble with your Mac game, we recommend checking our Mac Game Errors help article.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Tech Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of the Help pages.

For questions about how to use the Forums, please click the FAQ link to the right of this page.

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 10/10/2012 at 4:20:13 PM PST

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:The Mac version is here! 4th October 2012

[Post New]by shorenuf on Oct 4, 12 10:48 AM
Dual release of a game chock full of things to do woven into a most curious story -- thank you devs!

Oktoberfest for everyone -- thank you BFG!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Oct 4, 12 9:47 PM
Indeed - thank you so much for the dual release! Most appreciated!

jazzluv
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by jazzluv on Oct 4, 12 11:41 PM
well it would be good if there were any download links!!!

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Oct 6, 12 4:03 PM
Since there is only one tech thread, and our posts get lost among so many PC posts with issues that do not necessarily relate to Mac, I want to mention a possible game glitch here.

The game does not seem to keep an accurate count for the HOS without hints achievement. Sometimes no in game window for completing the HOS without hints even shows up. For me, the count was fine until the first time I switched to MahJong. It was in the 20th HO scene. AARRGGHH!! I had used no hints then or going forward.*

Please post in tech thread if you notice this happens in your game. Thanks!

PS -- Dear , for the umpteenth time, the game forums really need BOTH a PC and a Mac technical issues thread. This would simplify things for customer service, developers and players. Thanks.

* ETA: Apparently more astute players than me figured out each HO scene is repeated. The second time does not get recorded in the count. Hence 17/34.

Here is an additional glitch reported by me and others. Once you complete the game and bonus game and quit, when reopening the game the achievements earned in the bonus round are wiped out. The game still displays your completion time and says you have finished the bonus, but the achievement list no longer reflects that.

Edited on 10/07/2012 at 10:31:18 AM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Oct 8, 12 2:22 AM
shorenuf, I also had that journal page form the bonus pop up in the main game (you mentioned it in the review thread). Odd. Knocked me off balance for a sec.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Oct 8, 12 4:59 PM
Customer Service says I am the only Mac player who has reported the achievement issues to them. The PC version has already been escalated to the developers. They need more Mac reports before that can happen for us.

Please, please, please send in a report. Include a Dr. Felix. Tell them your Flash and Shockwave are up to date and the game is located in the root level of your applications folder.

Use this description of the issues or write your own…
"It seems that upon a second search of a hidden object scene, the successful finish without hints is not recorded. Everyone who has not used hints throughout the game ends up with a score of 17 / 34 for that achievement. This is most assuredly an issue with the game.

PC players have also reported a number of other game related issues (white boxes, freezes).

One other reported issue — after completing the entire game and bonus, quitting and reopening the game wipes out the achievement points earned during the bonus, therefore showing several achievements as unfulfilled.

Lastly, the developer might like to know that a journal page from the bonus chapter shows up in the journal during the main game. ("I have found the cabin boy…" The illustration shows the boy floating on a log.)"

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Edited on 10/08/2012 at 5:03:11 PM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Oct 9, 12 5:32 PM
Done and done!

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

UPDATED Mac version now available! October 10, 2012

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 10, 12 4:19 PM
Hi Fishies,

We have an updated Mac version available for Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits Collector's Edition! This new version fixes errors with white box graphics and picking up the acid vial, as well as an achievement bug when playing through the game a second time.

If the update has not already populated in your Game Manager, you can uninstall and reinstall the game to apply this latest update. Steps on how to do that can be found in the following help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you have any problems with this game, you can contact our Customer Support team with any further questions or concerns.

Happy gaming!

bfgSeine

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:UPDATED Mac version now available! October 10, 2012

[Post New]by shorenuf on Oct 10, 12 9:00 PM
Wow! Okie dokie -- I'm off to try it now! Thanks BFG!!

MAC Player here to report -- all is well with the achievement issue. Didn't get through the whole game to see if quit / restart now preserves the achievements. I'm very hopeful.
Kudo's to the devs for such a fast turn around. It proves you took pride in this game as well you should. Excellent!

ETA: A PC player has reported
that their updated versions does not fix the end of game loss of achievements upon quitting and restarting the game. Please report this if you find it true for the Mac version.

Edited on 10/11/2012 at 8:30:12 PM PST

Go to: