CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

Mahjong

[Post New]by CiChDa on Oct 4, 12 8:29 AM
Bummer'...when you pick that option, you miss a humming bird, huh?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Mahjong

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 4, 12 10:23 AM
I thought as much, because from what I was able to see, I only got hummingbirds from the HOS. Unless, of course, you first try and find the hummingbird, and then switch to the Mahjong game.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Oct 4, 12 12:34 PM
I did that Valdy.... I would just find the hummingbird ( so easy) and then switched over to Mahjong if that is what I felt like doing instead of ANOTHER HO.....

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on Oct 6, 12 8:37 AM
When you switch to mahjong, do you still get a 'play without hint' reward? I don't get it every time. Too many misclicks (I couldn't find the earring, who looks for the big ugly button anyway? ) and it counted as using hints!

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Oct 6, 12 3:50 PM
Brendansoma1 wrote:When you switch to mahjong, do you still get a 'play without hint' reward? I don't get it every time. Too many misclicks (I couldn't find the earring, who looks for the big ugly button anyway? ) and it counted as using hints!

Are you playing on a Mac? I had the same issue. It happened only after I chose to switch to MahJong in the 20th HOS I played. One other Mac player is also reporting this glitch. Please report your problem to Customer Service (Mac user or not). Thanks!

ETA: It has been noted that the problem has nothing to do with switching from HO to MJ. Seems the game does not record a HOS without hints when you visit the scene for a second search. Apparently there are 17 HO scenes, each repeated one time.

Edited on 10/08/2012 at 9:58:51 AM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Oct 8, 12 2:29 AM
I may be the other MAC player you mentioned, but I never played mah jong - not once, didn't even peek at it - and never used a hint and still only acquired half of the "used no hints" achievements.

Edited on 10/08/2012 at 2:30:04 AM PST

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Oct 8, 12 3:56 PM
WilJul wrote:I may be the other MAC player you mentioned, but I never played mah jong - not once, didn't even peek at it - and never used a hint and still only acquired half of the "used no hints" achievements.

Me, too! This has to be a bug.

ETA: I'm not a MAC player, I'm on a PC.

Edited on 10/08/2012 at 3:57:02 PM PST

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Oct 8, 12 6:35 PM
A request for Mac players…

Customer Service says I am the only Mac player who has reported the achievement issues to them. The PC version has already been escalated to the developers. They need more Mac reports before that can happen for us.

Please, please, please send in a report. Include a Dr. Felix. Check that Flash, Shockwave and System software are up to date. If you played the game from the root level of your application folder, tell them that as well.

Use this description of the issues or write your own…
"It seems that upon a second search of a hidden object scene, the successful finish without hints is not recorded. Everyone who has not used hints throughout the game ends up with a score of 17 / 34 for that achievement. This is most assuredly an issue with the game.

PC players have also reported a number of other game related issues (white boxes, freezes).

One other reported issue — after completing the entire game and bonus, quitting and reopening the game wipes out the achievement points earned during the bonus, therefore showing several achievements as unfulfilled.

Lastly, the developer might like to know that a journal page from the bonus chapter shows up in the journal during the main game. ("I have found the cabin boy…" The illustration shows the boy floating on a log.)"

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 2, 12 1:32 PM
Valdy wrote:I thought as much, because from what I was able to see, I only got hummingbirds from the HOS. Unless, of course, you first try and find the hummingbird, and then switch to the Mahjong game.
I played more than several H.O.'s before realizing that there was a hummingbird in every H.O. Now that I have completed several H.O.-mahjong games (and received a completed without hint achievement), I have more of those than I have found hummingbirds.

If you choose mahjong, does that make it impossible to find all of the hummingbirds? Will I have to start over?

[Post New]by Jena85 on Feb 2, 13 7:49 PM
I loved the mystery game, but I am a little disappointed that I cannot go back and just play Mahjong after completing the regular game. Am I missing something or is it totally closed?

Go to: