bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 5, 12 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 10/11/2012 at 8:47:22 AM PST

Re:Post any Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can technical issues here only

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Oct 5, 12 1:03 AM
Played 29 minutes of this game then shut it down. When I came back I clicked on play and all I get now is a Large box with 'De Bug Report' Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can, which tells me if there is anything personal in the report to 'untick boxes' (there are 2) or if not click cancel. Whichever I do it stops the game. I've tried 2-3 times to start game but I go straight to this box. I'm playing on a PC.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 5, 12 1:50 AM
Hi elvenstardragon,

I'd really encourage you to contact Tech Support if you haven't already, so that one of our Reps can take a closer look at what might be causing this.

They'll also be able to offer some troubleshooting steps that are specific to your system.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to our Live Chat Support for real-time support. Live Chat is open Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 4:30 pm PST.

Hoping this is worked out for you soon!

bfgBaikal

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Oct 5, 12 7:58 AM
I'm getting the same d bug message after starting to play again .I'm playing on a laptop and quite honestly cant be bothered trying to get the game fixed . Will just uninstall .

[Post New]by Dbnp264 on Oct 5, 12 12:52 PM
Same problem for me, "debug" dialog box. Have contacted tech support.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 5, 12 1:19 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are seeing that debug error message when trying to play the game. So we can figure out what's causing that to happen, it would be hugely helpful for us if you let our Tech Support Team know what you're experiencing. Sending them a Dr. Felix Report also allows them to determine a cause for the error by looking at additional data.

Thanks, and hopefully we can get to the bottom of that quickly!

bfgSeine

Kegggie
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by Kegggie on Oct 5, 12 2:14 PM
I also got the debug message when I tried to play again after buying the game.

quizzly
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by quizzly on Oct 5, 12 3:18 PM
Same problem here, something about panic file is mentioned and it did not help to de- and reinstall the game.

Kegggie
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by Kegggie on Oct 5, 12 3:19 PM
I still got the debug message after uninstalling and reinstalling the game on my laptop running Vista but had no problems with the trial version.

[Post New]by nomoxxie on Oct 5, 12 3:42 PM
I also got a de-bug report after buying the game, and again after un- and reinstalling. Sounds like a general fix is in order, and, one would hope, as quickly as possible. (Running 7, by the way.)

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 5, 12 4:02 PM
Hi Fishies,

As mentioned in the post above, we'd appreciate it if you could contact our Tech Support Team to let them know that you're running into that debug error. Providing them with as many details as possible will help us determine what's causing that to occur, and hopefully find a solution quickly. Running a Dr. Felix Report will also give them more data to look over in resolving that issue.

Thanks, and hopefully we can get that back to normal shortly!

bfgSeine

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Oct 5, 12 5:05 PM
Count me in as being one of the people getting this "preview debug report." It worked perfectly fine when playing it earlier but now I get this. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling like nomoxxie and I also am on windows 7.

I will send Dr felix but as customer service is closed for weekend was hoping for some help before then. It literally had to happen just before 5pm on Friday night urgh.

edit to add
- Forgot to say I poked around under properties trying different things, I also ran my disk cleaning utility program, to clean up any wayward files on my computer etc but nothing helped.

Edited on 10/05/2012 at 8:14:56 PM PST

[Post New]by toothfairypakin on Oct 5, 12 7:08 PM
Me too. Not impressed w/the 'debug' message! Went into Doctor Felix page + got lost with all the instructions, am not very computor savvy. Please put an answer on this page to correct the problem so I can attempt to correct the game next weekend.

[Post New]by rbjust4games on Oct 5, 12 7:41 PM
I held off purchasing the CE version because of all the comments in the technical issue and train station threads in the game forum. Never saw any fix to the game or answer to anyone's issue. Was the game ever broken? Did you have to play it a particular way and if you deviated whatsoever you had to re-download? Was it a particular type of computer, operating system, system requirements? Who knows because I never did see an answer.

Then the SE comes out as the TGT with bonus punch if purchased today. Again, technical issues for this game. Bonus punch only good today on a game that may or may not work.

When gingergal says she got tagged, I knew it was game over. A couple of games I purchased in the past had bugs identified by many users but no fix was ever forthcoming. This is getting a wee bit old.

Jaguar2357
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Jaguar2357 on Oct 5, 12 9:57 PM
Me too. A perfect hour with the trial, but the full game is incapable of opening. And yes, I uninstalled game and Manager, and then reinstalled both. No change.

I'm sending Dr. Felix into Tech Help, and want either a quick fix or my money back.

DarleneO
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by DarleneO on Oct 5, 12 10:03 PM
Ditto...

313gramgram
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by 313gramgram on Oct 5, 12 10:18 PM
Same thing here I guess its a big problem seeing there are so many of us have the same thing happen .Gram

glocal
Flounder
Flounder
2,408 Posts

[Post New]by glocal on Oct 6, 12 4:45 AM
I will add I have same experience & am contacting tech support and I am deleting this game from computer. Great game tho. I smiled at the screen Chicago Cicero as my hubby is from Cicero Illinois & wonder if they mean Cicero Avenue in Chicago!

[Post New]by LavenderMist49 on Oct 6, 12 5:11 AM
Same problem! What a bummer. Seems like a fun game.

[Post New]by sweet4grease on Oct 6, 12 6:44 AM
Same here, played about 1/2 of the trial and closed the game down to run errands. When I came back to play the rest I got the debug dialog box and the game won't play. Sounds like there needs to be a fix on behalf of the developer, There are just too many people who are running into this problem. I hope we don't get blown off on this one as we have on some past games. It looks like a possible buy for me if they can fix it.

Edited on 10/06/2012 at 6:44:44 AM PST

Go to: