education69
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

Connections between Lancaster family in game and real Lancaster family

[Post New]by education69 on Oct 5, 12 7:05 AM
Okay, all you Brits and English history buffs out there. I just started playing this game on the 1 hour trial and I like it. It has a special significance for me since the name of the fictional family Lancaster is also my middle name. Those of you who study English history know that the real Lancaster family goes back to the War of the Roses between the Lancasters and the Yorks. The Lancasters represented themselves with a white rose and the Yorks with a red one.

As for my connections to it. My ancestors are descended from the bastard daughter of an earl who belongs to the house. (my grandfather collected all this info in an unpublished manuscript of our family history). The middle name Lancaster has been handed down to the firstborn male in my family for five generations.

As far as I know there are no haunted houses connected with the real Lancaster family, but English history is ripe with stories of ghosts and spirits that walk the family's hallowed halls.

If any of my relatives turn up in this game I'll be very surprised. I have used my middle name as an identity on several games, and when I finish this game under my first name I will probably play again under my middle name..

Edited on 10/05/2012 at 7:05:41 AM PST

education69
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

Re:Connections between Lancaster family in game and real Lancaster family

[Post New]by education69 on Dec 31, 12 1:02 PM
No real relatives but many of the portraits looked like English lords and ladies. I found it to be a very interesting game and will definitely be getting the sequel.

Go to: