bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Farm Tribe 2

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 6, 12 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Farm Tribe 2 ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Farm Tribe 2 page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Farm Tribe 2

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 6, 12 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Oct 6, 12 2:03 AM
If you played the first Farm Tribe, you'll probably like this one. That being said, I loved the first one and I feel a little iffy about this one, although I still went ahead and bought it.

It's not really a time management game. You have a bunch of workers, and the game gives you little quests. You drop your workers onto an area to have them do that job (like picking fruit, gaining technology points, repairing buildings). It seems sometimes a customer will ask you to find so many of an item (like 15 yellow, dried leaves), but this is optional. I didn't see a timer anywhere, so it seems you can take your time, for the most part.

The game has you collect products (fruits, veggies) and then make dishes out of them to sell at a farmer's market-type stand. Customer's come by automatically, but you have to remember to keep making foods to sell. I think this is one gripe I have about the game. I feel like I'm near constantly making foods and it gets old kind of fast.

The more you get into the game, the more you can do, but all of the tasks seem to amount to the same thing (drop a worker, have them pick things up, make something out of the goods), and I feel like this will get really boring really fast. Also, if you're not a fan of lots of clicking in games, you'll probably want to pass on this one. There's lots of clicking moving the screen around and checking on workers, and dragging and dropping, and clicking multiple times to make many of the same recipe.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Oct 6, 12 7:02 AM
Review after a bit more than the demo ...

I have been waiting for this game since the first one came out 2 years ago this month and I must admit I was a tad disappointed that, instead of another Mayan or otherwise mystery to keep you wanting to play more, this setting is a run down estate which your father bought cheaply for you to do up for your wedding venue. Admittedly the fact that the previous owner didn't find the treasure that is buried there and went bankrupt looking and is now causing problems for you to get you to leave is an OK scenario but I personally don't find this storyline quite as interesting as the previous one ... this is probably due to the numerous hidden object games that I have played with mansions in them.

I also have to say that I am not keen on bopping cute little moles on the head but I really do appreciate the fact that it only takes one bop and not several like the worms in the previous game and I just hope it remains at one bop throughout the game.

I do however find it a bit far fetched that when the mansion has been spoiler alert partly blown up and there are big gaping holes in the floor you immediately take delivery of new furniture and place them on it . I am just waiting for the weight of it on an obviously unstable floor to cause even bigger holes to appear .

On the positive side I like the size of the playing area but I really like that there is much less dragging your staff around this time and that it is only necessary for the very first time you assign them a new task. All the jobs that they have done before are shown in little icons under their picture such as an orange, apple, grapes, hard hat, rubbish bin etc etc and so it only takes a second to get someone (with empty hands) to pick the rubbish they are going past and, as soon as they put it in the bin, you just reclick on the icon for the job they were originally doing or assign them a new one. Easy peasy lemon squeezy

So far I have only found 2 of the 24 collectibles and yes they are as small as in the last game . There are also 75 bits of a shattered stained glass window to pick up and these appear sporadically. I don't think we will be required to piece them back together though, well not unless the wedding gets postponed until the year 3012 in my game .

Anyway regardless of storyline I absolutely adore these type of games so I am off to build a mill but before I go I want to say a big Thank You Devs from my right hand for letting it have a rest while my left hand moves the screen around the playing area using the arrow keys .

Cherb

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Oct 6, 12 1:31 PM
ETA ...

LOL the bad news is those darn worms came along as soon as I went back to playing it but the good news is that the stained glass window is very cleverly repairing itself .

elizaew
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
408 Posts

[Post New]by elizaew on Oct 7, 12 5:22 PM
It's actually a little on the boring side so I can only play it for a short time.

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Oct 8, 12 11:48 PM
Cute characters, great graphics, ok storyline.

MAJOR GRIPS:
1) Small objects, such as leaves, almost done a pixelated search for that last pc of leave!!!!

2) Had to keep watching each character and drag and drop him/her to coffee machine, food stall to feed him!!!

3) Quite slow characters movements!

4) You point to a place that needs attention, but Lo and Behold u can just click on the character and it lets u drag from the control panel (whatever u call it) to that area. After u got say rubbish, u now need to click on the character that u need to take care of this to go "find" him/her. After finding, then drag all OVER the screen to get back to that area with rubbish!!!

2) Good storyline
3) Not too difficult game play (except dragging and watching characters to ensure that they dont get unhappy coz they are hungry and needs food)

Ok game if u like keeping watch ALL the time and dragging so much, (cant characters feed themselves)?

Sorry, Developers, back to the drawing board, go visit The Promised Land whereby u can just drag characters from control panel without having to go "find" that character %*&^. Also make it such that these characters got some intelligence and know how to feed himself or herself! BTW why must characters eat a pizza, why cant they eat just the fruits available?

WONT BUY!

HatesTimers
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by HatesTimers on Oct 13, 12 12:11 PM
I really like this type of game, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would.

When starting the game there are obviously many things to build/repair, but the game only lets you do them when you get the quest, and it only gives one or two such quests at a time. I felt like I was on a leash the whole game.

The very limited capacity of the storage shed was another thing that reduced the fun for me. You can't keep much stuff on hand or the shed will fill up, and then the workers dump everything they're carrying into the trash bin. And too much of even one type of item can fill the shed.

Another thing that bugged me was that the game punishes you if you try to keep a reserve of money or tech points on hand. Some costs depend on how much you have. When I was told to buy the phone booth, it cost over 2000 in both money and tech points, but in a test game where I didn't have much on hand, the phone booth cost only $500 and about 200 tech points.

Another problem was the way health was handled. In my first game I bought a lot of extra workers. Then I noticed some of them working in super slow motion. They had hardly any health left. Eventually more developed this problem and some of them left the farm. There was no way to cure them until much later when the game let me build the medical thing. This happened even though I kept picking up the trash. (The game says workers are more likely to get sick when there is a lot of trash around.) In a test game, I kept the number of workers to a minimum and nobody lost any health, even when I let trash accumulate. Once the medical thing was built, workers got sick regularly, no matter what I did, but at least I could now cure them.

BTW, workers WILL feed themselves, but only if there is prepared food at the market. However, if you drop a worker on the market, then you can choose what they eat, and the choice will include food that could be made with ingredients in the shed.

Edited on 10/13/2012 at 12:15:05 PM PST

[Post New]by BuddhaBuddy on Oct 18, 12 9:15 AM
HatesTimers wrote:Another thing that bugged me was that the game punishes you if you try to keep a reserve of money or tech points on hand. Some costs depend on how much you have. When I was told to buy the phone booth, it cost over 2000 in both money and tech points, but in a test game where I didn't have much on hand, the phone booth cost only $500 and about 200 tech points.

In many of these games, the prices for a technology depend not on how much tech points you HAVE, but how much you have spent. So the game where you buy phones as your 5th tech upgrade will always cost more than the when you bought it as your 3rd upgrade.

I have not played this game, so I don't KNOW that is what is happening, but it COULD be. :-)

SpookyPigdog
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by SpookyPigdog on Oct 20, 12 5:02 PM
Initially i felt this game was as boring as watching grass grow, but then I bought it (because there were no better TM games at the time) and you know, once you get into it, with all the bits you have to find, and all the challenges, buildings, extra people and the two children, it really is quite enjoyable.

Usually what happens with these long drawn out games is that half way through you've bought all the upgrades and then its just playing the game until you lose interest. But Farm Tribe 2 has managed to stagger the upgrades and have collections following collections, so you're still busy hours and hours in.

I initially bagged this game, as it didn't feel as good as the first one, but now I actually think its better than the first.

It is a bit of a shame that it takes a while to really get into it, but I forgive it now!

izzy75
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by izzy75 on Nov 3, 12 4:02 AM
totally boring game dont waste money or credits think i am going to cancel account cos most games are rubish

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by kore21 on Nov 5, 12 4:22 AM
constructive criticisms:

incredibly limited storage space. i appreciate that we're supposed to upgrade, but for the major part of the game, your stuff could realistically fit inside one drawer. no.

disappearing items. the popcorn machine makes no sense when you're no longer allowed to make popcorn. worse, once you can make blue cheese, regular cheese disappears. apparently the devs wanted to keep everything to fit 4 pages of items, so things disappear. a page 5 would not have hurt.

can't keep a reserve of money, certain items cost everything you have. the phone price trick was not good.

conversation boxes pop up way too fast. i'm already starting the other task you assigned me 30 seconds ago.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 15, 12 3:49 PM
This follows on from farm tribe nicely and a different type of environment - a wedding in an old mansion which is also used to hold all your achievements you can earn.

It's quest based - you get an order or request from someone and you either grow it and sell it or find something for someone. That part is good as it's not timed, and I don't know why this is under the TM section where it would better under the strategy one.

I do miss a few things from the first game

- there is no open shop you can go and choose where to plant things or even what to buy instead here a $ sign pops up to let you know you can buy it.

-there is less areas that open up in fact there are only a couple. In the first one you can put your scientist on it and a whole area would open up here it's mostly figurines.

It was good that they tried to address the so tiny artifacts in the first game by putting sparkles on it although it would have been nice to have the option of sparkles or not. (sparkles aren't on things you get a quest for)

There were a good amount of achievements - find "x" amount of 3 different things which throughout the game was deposited in intervals so you always had to moving the screen to find them. Re achievements screen at end, I did do all challenges and quickly and yet I was missing the ship and a couple of other things that I did accomplish so I don't know if you have to replay the game to get all of them?

You can move the screen by using your arrow buttons.
The first game I was left with nothing to do for a couple of hours while waiting my last thing I needed, here it's not like that there were more things to do.

If at the end of the game you haven't found all the pieces you can collect it goes into freeform mode so you have time to find them all (although I found them all way before the game finished) or you can just continue playing. Because I couldn't change the placements of buildings or buy new things the free form didn't hold any interest for me but it's good that it is there.

It's a very good relaxing different type of game and I love the no timer aspect on it. It's also a good length. I do out of 5 hardness so it's not that it's poor, it's just not hard which I appreciate!

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Sep 3, 14 10:54 AM
not my kind of game, sorry.

Go to: