How do you get the HD option to work?

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Oct 6, 12 6:30 PM
I have a fairly new computer that's up-to-date but yet I can't seem to get the HD option working. It's greyed out and unclicking other options doesn't seem to be making that one available. What am I missing here?
The game is feeling a bit flat to me so I was hoping the HD option would make the experience better.

kspes
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

Re:How do you get the HD option to work?

[Post New]by kspes on Oct 7, 12 6:03 AM
The option depends on several parameters:

1) Your screen's vertical resolution must be higher then 768 (otherwise you won't see any effects from HD graphics)

2) Your computer must have at least a core2duo processor and 2GB of memory.

HD means high definition graphics. the game will essentially look the same, just sharper. This is especially noticeable on large screens. Looks awesome on a 27" iMac!

---
kspes
Cateia Games

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Oct 7, 12 2:58 PM
Thank you for replying. I'm sure it must look amazing on a 27" iMac!!! That would certainly be impressive!

I have my res set to the highest it will go at 1366x768 so I'm gathering that must be too low to see a difference. And I've got a 15.6" screen.
I can't figure out the processor bit though...mine says it's Intel Pentium P6100 @ 2.00GHz but I'm not sure if that's equivalent to the core2duo you mentioned. Oh and it's 4GB of memory.

Basically though, I'm assuming if the option was greyed out I must not be able to use it so that's that I guess. I had hoped there was something I could do to turn it on but the computer must have deduced that it wasn't available to me.

Thanks again for the info.

kspes
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by kspes on Oct 7, 12 4:14 PM
Yeah, it's because of the resolution. if you were able to turn HD on, you really wouldn't see a difference. However, if you can hook up your laptop on a larger external monitor, you should be able to turn HD on

as for your processor, it should be more then good enough.

---
kspes
Cateia Games

Go to: