bfgBering
Clownfish
Clownfish
851 Posts

Tips and Tricks for Loco Mogul

[Post New]by bfgBering on Feb 11, 09 11:05 AM
Customer Counter – In the upper right corner of your game screen you’ll see the same icon used to represent customers in the game with a number next to it. This tells you how many customers are on a map before you start surveying. Once you’ve found them all don’t waste extra funds doing unnecessary surveying and land clearing.

Hidden Experts – Hidden in the squares with hills needing to be flattened are experts. The Surveyor, Banker, Logger, Digger, Engineer and Sheriff all offer you their skills to make the level easier. If you land on the space with an expert an icon will appear. Click on the icon for a little extra help!

In Game Hints – If you click on the man in a top hat in the bottom left hand corner of the screen, a list of helpful hints will appear. These will have all the tips you’ll need to become a Loco Mogul.

These are just a few ideas to help you out while playing Loco Mogul. Feel free to post your own below!

Poliwird
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Re:Tips and Tricks for Loco Mogul

[Post New]by Poliwird on Oct 2, 10 5:37 AM
Beginner's interface tip: picked up rail cars don't appear connected to the locomotive as it travels across the map; instead, the larger train picture is displayed at the upper-left side of the map, and each car is labelled a letter of its target station. (It cost me a failed level to discover that a bit too late, and as that's unspoken by the tutorial i thought a mention should be made.)

Undo: most actions (like adding a track or station or bridge, and using TNT -- but not surveying, terrain levelling and paying off bandits) can be undone by right-clicking, and that's free (undoing returns cash with no penalty deducted), so when something doesn't work out right when placing tracks and stations, it's easy to retry without restarting the level. But i'm a maniac, i use Photoshop to plan rail layouts anyway.

Go to: