Any comments fishies?

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Todays DD October 8 2012

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Oct 8, 12 12:11 AM
Hi Cleo,
This would be a good choice for those players who prefer their games in the lighter mode and one of the better offerings for the Pink Ribbon campaign.
I hope elldee doesn't mind my using his assessment of this game from an earlier forum ...
The Scruffs once again have given me a welcome break from the seriousness of so many other games (which I do enjoy, BTW). Instead of the (sickeningly-sweet, almost too cute) characters from the "Rabbit Ears" folks, we get some hilarious, "bug-eyed" family members who have great senses of humor!

(No review here--just some thoughts)--

**Great Intro, w/perfect British voice acting (carries over into the main game)
**Solid Options Menu--three soundtrack sliders, cursor choice, two gameplay modes
**Love the cartoon-style graphics--very colorful
**The H0 scenes are challenging, but fair; Scruff, the "Hint" dog, gets more excited the closer you get to an item (like "Hot" vs. "Cold"); some item interaction that i could see; some individual item lists, some "find 12 of ..."
**Neat list of tasks (that get crossed off as you accomplish them)--lower left

**Fun storyline--Grandpa returns after 30 years to reclaim the "Scrufford" estate, but is confronted by a nefarious guy who vows to take the property and the title of Duke--the H0PA begins!

I bought this after about 10 minutes into the demo--probably didn't even need to demo it--I knew it'd be a "keeper"!

Regards, elldee

Cheers

Edited on 10/08/2012 at 12:15:05 AM PST

luvpumpkns
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by luvpumpkns on Oct 8, 12 6:42 AM
I was stunned that I didn't already own this considering how much I enjoyed the first one. Artwork and storyline are super cute; characters are as charming and funny as in the last installment. This one is fun for all ages and a definite buy for me. Kudos to BFG for the great HOGs offered as DDs this month.

Bobbie53
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Bobbie53 on Oct 8, 12 12:18 PM
I am really enjoying this game. Purchased the first one and now this one. Just pure light fun. I still needed to use clues. It is a great deal and supports pink.

neola
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by neola on Oct 8, 12 2:17 PM
This one is fantastic! It's funny, colorful and challenging, tho not too difficult. (I am playing in "expert" mode tho don't consider myself at that level.) Best $3 I've spent in a long time. I'm going to be sorry when I get to the end, and it's rare that I feel that way about a computer game. But the characters are just exquisite.

Go to: