bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Farmington Tales technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 9, 12 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

Re:Post any Farmington Tales technical issues here only

[Post New]by 88blyth on Oct 9, 12 3:20 AM
looks like i am the only one with a problem so far...i was enjoying this game and was considering buying it but it was taking ages to change scenes, the hos played nicely and then the game crashed on me, could not get out the game so had to re-boot, it crashed when the farmer said to look at the whole farm, from a distance

suki26
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by suki26 on Oct 9, 12 4:04 AM
My issue is that the main game screen is not properly visible - it is full of various black squares.

The game was still playable however, after about an hour, it wasn't playable - the screen was just full of various size and shades of black squares, and nothing was clickable.

(I'm playing on a brand new HP laptop.)

Edited on 10/09/2012 at 4:05:13 AM PST

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Oct 9, 12 4:13 AM
Really wanted to purchase this game, but since it hard locked and froze my computer and mouse became un-clickable several times, I can not consider buying it until this is patched.

Edited on 10/09/2012 at 4:53:00 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 9, 12 4:48 AM
Hi Fishies,

The issues you have noted, crashes, freezes and display problems; all seem to indicate that the game is not functioning as it should.

Have you tried the advice in the following help article to see if there are any updates that you can run?

I would recommend trying that as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement and even on a new computer, we see that a driver update can really help!

If the issues persist after checking out that article or you would like some help on this, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Oct 9, 12 5:02 AM
I tried every suggestion listed in the link you provided. Using the help suggestion for compatibility mode of XP (Service Pack 2) on Windows 7 causes the game to crash with the following error:

"Error: Access violation at 0x03A3092E (tried to write to 0x00000000), program terminate."

Edited on 10/09/2012 at 5:02:47 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 9, 12 5:30 AM
Hi MarkAlan,

As it sounds like you have tried all the suggestions in the dedicated help article here, I would encourage you to contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

If you have the time, please run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in that mail so that we can start helping you right away.

I hope this information is helpful and best of luck!

bfgBaikal

pinkbear022
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by pinkbear022 on Oct 9, 12 12:55 PM
My game froze when the farmer said to purchase feed for the cow~I couldn't do anything! I really wanted to continue playing,

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 9, 12 1:16 PM
Hi pinkbear022,

Freezing is never fun! Our help article here covers some troubleshooting steps you can though, such as updating your video card driver and software programs:

If the tips there aren't helping, please let our Tech Support Team know what you're experiencing. They can look into that further and hopefully find a fix quickly so you can continue on in the game.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Oct 9, 12 1:45 PM
88blyth wrote:looks like i am the only one with a problem so far...i was enjoying this game and was considering buying it but it was taking ages to change scenes, the hos played nicely and then the game crashed on me, could not get out the game so had to re-boot, it crashed when the farmer said to look at the whole farm, from a distance

This is EXACTLY what happened to me and at the same part of the game. The HOs played well for me too but when it came time to do anything else, the screen moved at a snails pace. I'm anxious to get the problem sorted so I'm off to do a Dr Felix Report.

PC player

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Oct 9, 12 6:10 PM
The game crashing when I looked at the farm from a distance happened to me, too! I almost bought this but it moved too slow for me once I rebooted and tried again.

The game crashing even froze up Task manager on me and I couldn't get out of the screen. I had to manually turn off the whole computer to escape it.

[Post New]by Spirit_of_Auron on Oct 9, 12 6:14 PM
pinkbear022 wrote:My game froze when the farmer said to purchase feed for the cow~I couldn't do anything! I really wanted to continue playing,

Disable the tutorial and then try again, it pulled the same stunt on me, and once I did that and reopened the game after ensuring the tutorial was off, I was able to feed the cow.

though in my case I could still do somethings like click disable future tutorials on and off, but it wasn't allowing the menu, had to force quit the game to get back in and do the workaround, but it should work to at least get around that part.

pinkbear022
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by pinkbear022 on Oct 9, 12 6:45 PM
Spirit_of_Auron wrote:
pinkbear022 wrote:My game froze when the farmer said to purchase feed for the cow~I couldn't do anything! I really wanted to continue playing,

Disable the tutorial and then try again, it pulled the same stunt on me, and once I did that and reopened the game after ensuring the tutorial was off, I was able to feed the cow.

though in my case I could still do somethings like click disable future tutorials on and off, but it wasn't allowing the menu, had to force quit the game to get back in and do the workaround, but it should work to at least get around that part.

Thankyou~that did work!

suki26
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by suki26 on Oct 10, 12 1:30 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Fishies,
I would recommend trying that as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement and even on a new computer, we see that a driver update can really help!

Thank you - I updated my graphics card, and the game works fine now!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 10, 12 7:55 AM
Hi Fishies,

For those of you experiencing performance issues, such as the game crashing and or freezing, can I check if you have tried the advice in the following help article, to see if there are any updates that you can run?

I would recommend trying that as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement to how your game performs.

If the issues persist after checking out that article though, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

And suki26 - it is great to see that the updates helped resolve this for you - we really hope you enjoy the game now!

Thanks!

bfgBaikal

squirdle
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by squirdle on Oct 10, 12 8:14 PM
although i probably wont buy this game it was a cute demo. There was a major glitch with the graphics, big black square blotches were all over the place and only when the mouse browsed over certain spots did the farm house and garden showed up. im on a day old computer, pc running windows 7

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 11, 12 4:52 AM
Heya squirdle,

Even on new computers it can happen that the drivers are a bit out of date as they are being installed at the time the computer is first build. Outdated drivers can cause issues like you see them and it could help to update your drivers to make sure they're up to date.

Should you continue seeing these squares before you hover the mouse over them, i would recommend you to send a message to our Tech Support and to include a Dr. Felix with your message so they can have a closer look at everything for you.

I hope this is helpful!

bfgBiwa

problem with feeding cow..

[Post New]by catherinemary on Oct 12, 12 7:13 PM
When I get to the level of feeding the cow; nothing seems to happen. It says to click on the barn to feed the cow, when I click on the barn nothing happens.. Does anybody else have this problem? If so, what did you do to fix this?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 13, 12 3:37 AM
Hi catherinemary,

I am sorry but I haven't played this game yet and I am unable to find any specifics on feeding the cow.

I assume that you have to gather something to feed the cow? If so, checking you have the required levels of that foodstuff may help?

Failing that, I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game as this is a good way to ensure it is working correctly.

If the error persists after doing so though, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Marcie28018
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Marcie28018 on Oct 14, 12 1:38 PM
Great game graphic's but took 2 days to get it on my computer (windows xp) had to re load computer twice to get the game to come up... Trying to play the game the hos scenes took forever to load... just stalling and stalling.... I would have loved to have the game it looked as tho it would have been a good one.
It also messed up my computer until I removed it.... I hope you can fix all the issues with the game.

Go to: