bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Daily Mah Jong

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 9, 12 12:40 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Daily Mah Jong ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Daily Mah Jong page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Daily Mah Jong

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 9, 12 12:40 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Jixio
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Jixio on Oct 9, 12 6:01 AM
Tried this game for 15 minutes. It was absolutely unfathomable. Gave up.

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Oct 9, 12 2:18 PM
Clicking on the tiles and watching them bounce around the screen drove me crazy. Having a lot of different tile sets was appealing, but unfortunately, this is not the game for me. If anyone knows of another mah jong game with a large choice of tiles and layouts, particularly holiday ones, please IM me.

Edited on 10/09/2012 at 2:20:06 PM PST

[Post New]by mikaelcleto on Oct 9, 12 3:16 PM
Hi angelofmusic62,

Have you tried the Fame mode and checking out the different layouts there as well? You can click on the tassel looking thing to see more different layouts. You can also try checking out the Daily mode and go backwards and try different layouts as well. Its really up to you on how you want to play.

I did find it confusing at first that it seems like it only has a few layouts available at first. But once I played around it a few times and knew about the tassel looking thing could show me more stuff, it opened up more gameplay layouts for me to try out.

Hope this helps!
Have a great week!
=D

Gojira2006
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,183 Posts

[Post New]by Gojira2006 on Oct 9, 12 3:31 PM
This is a wicked fun game . . . The tiles & lay-outs seem easy to see, & the background music/ambient sounds are appropriately new-agey . . . It's challenging, but not over-whelmingly so . . .

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Oct 10, 12 9:35 AM
Thanks mikaelcleto. The main menu isn't exactly user friendly.

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Oct 11, 12 6:49 AM
I'm glad the creators are better at games than at fortunes. Luckily, the predicted "loss of a loved one" and portends of death didn't happen as my fortune said it would yesterday. Whew! *and knocks on wood*. .. lol

And I agree about the main menu not being that user friendly. I'm still not exactly sure how I managed to get out of the game, but it took a little bit of head scratching and clicking random icons to do it.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Nov 23, 12 11:33 AM
I'm new to Mah Jong. I like this particular game although I thought that my inexperience was the reason why I didn't quite know what to do - including how to shut the game down. A tutorial would have been nice for new players like me. I didn't know the tiles could be shuffled and I didn't see a reset button.

The only thing about this game that bothers me is the swirling of the tiles (yes, I already know they match - if they didn't match I wouldn't have been able to match them!) and the sudden movement of the board.

I feel nauseous and have a headache and I think I'm going to be ill.

It's probably because I played a demo yesterday that made me feel seasick and now this on top of that has thrown me for a loop.

Maybe I'll try it again when I feel better.

[Post New]by kraftypixie on Jan 11, 13 5:40 AM
My original review gave the game 4 stars, but now that I have completed all 50 of the board sets for the "Fame" mode, I think I am done with the game. Way back in November of 2012 I wrote to the game developers directly & let them know there were some issues. If you complete every game on a "Fame Board" you are supposed to get a "Golden Board" award on your list. It does not appear. Ever. On game board #40 the layout titled "Lady Bot" does not open. The gates lock & the game crashes, or the gates open & there is nothing there. It's now Jan 2013 & the issues still aren't resolved. OH! And when you finish all 50 of the boards you are supposed to get a "Golden Gate" award on your list. Nope! Doesn't work. I have put in a ticket here at BFG & at least the customer support here are trying to do something.

I originally gave it a 4 star rating, but I think I will drop that down to 2 stars. The game layouts are repeated too often & after a while you know exactly where to look for matches. How they did not randomize the layouts is beyond me. I also wish there was a way to 'hide' the 2 black tiles that are your goal in this game. They are too easy to spot. Levels seem to be random as to level difficulty. I don't really have any reason to continue playing it.

Also, if you are a sensitive person, do not read any of the fortunes. They are negative most of the time. I complained to the game developers about that as well. Weird.

Go to: