bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Where Angels Cry technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 9, 12 3:20 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

hdnobjgamluvr
Shark
Shark
12,611 Posts

Re:Post any Where Angels Cry technical issues here only

[Post New]by hdnobjgamluvr on Oct 9, 12 4:43 AM
Well, the new build may have helped those with script errors, but I just downloaded the rebuild, and I am still having the issue of not being able to even enter my player name. the screen does nothing, keyboard and mouse do nothing, and can only exit by ctrl/alt/del. So this isa permanent delete for me.

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
675 Posts

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on Oct 9, 12 6:42 AM
I have checked the walk through and clearly 4 cogwheels and 4 rubies should activate hidden door under statue...when i try it will not accept either item. Hint tells me put cogwheel here and when i do it rejects it. Won't take cogwheels or rubies regardless of where i put them? I did get the update this morning before i started playing and i have rebooted game and laptop a few times following update. Did buy the game so problem is not with the trial version.
Not seeing anyone else having this problem thus far from what i am reading so scratching my head.

*Edit Update* problem resolved...seemed to be an alignment issue with the objects and the location they were to be placed per the cursor alignment..strange but any how moving on with this great game thus far!

Edited on 10/09/2012 at 7:51:06 AM PST

sackese
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by sackese on Oct 9, 12 1:43 PM
Still same problem not bein able to enter name, or even to click on te accept button.

Please, developers, give us a page where we can start playing without entering name!

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 9, 12 2:27 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear some of you are still unable to enter a player name. So we can figure out what's causing that, I recommend sending details of what's happening over to our Tech Support Team. Including things like if your cursor is able to click on the screen, or if other buttons can be pressed is extremely helpful for them in troubleshooting the issue. Additionally, sending our Tech Support Team a Dr. Felix Report is also very helpful, and will give them extra information to work with.

Hopefully we can get that resolved quickly and get you playing the game!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Oct 11, 12 3:24 AM
Still can't enter my name as before even with the new fixed download. I already sent in Dr. Felix report, nothing has changed.
Can click like mad all over screen but nothing happens. Have to go to task manager to leave game.
Hope they fix this some day.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 11, 12 5:46 AM
Heya miss_marigold11,

I'm so sorry that you still can't enter a player name as well.

It's great that you already sent us a Dr. Felix report so our Tech Support can look into this further so we can get this fixed as soon as possible.

As bfgSeine mentioned it would be great if you could explain what happens as detailed as possible.

Thanks!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by Fibromyalgia on Oct 13, 12 10:12 AM
Just bought the game today for something different. I was able to sign in. Pick up a few articles in the room, but I am stuck in the room. the hint is repeatedly asking me to go down to another location. Unfortunately, the cursor will not let me go out of the bedroom. I am going to sign in with help with the cursor and see what happens. Not very happy right now. I had 4 games to choose from and I picked this one.

I am able to type my name in without problems. tried everything to ge the cursor to work. It will not go to the down or Left-right positions.I am going to try once more. I saw in a post that the cursor is very positional. If not, I give up and would like my money back to purchase another game. Sandi
Tried everything. Even changed the mouse and added a fresh battery. I really wanted to play this game. Let me know what is planned to be done to reimburse the people who are unable to play. Thanks for all of the stuff that goes right!!!! Sandi

Edited on 10/14/2012 at 4:00:03 AM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 13, 12 10:46 AM
Hi Sandi,

Welcome to the Pond, and I'm sorry to hear that's happening. If you haven't tried already, you can uninstall and reinstall the game to see if that might help. You can view more information on doing that here:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If that's not helping, please let our Tech Support Team know what's happening and they'll be happy to assist you further.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

[Post New]by Opattylmy on Oct 13, 12 3:40 PM
Installed and had the following message when trying to play: CAGE ERROR..UNAB LE TO CREATE DIRECT 3D DEVICE. Uninstalled and reinstalled and received the same message. Help! My cousin recommended this game and I would like to play it.

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Oct 13, 12 7:38 PM
I posted the problem with signing on in the Developers forum. They said they were working on it. When I saw the update I assumed it was going to fix this problem. Unfortunately, it is still happening to me. There is no way it my laptop. I wasted 6.99 on this game.

[Post New]by JirafaVanidosa on Oct 14, 12 8:35 AM
Opattylmy wrote:Installed and had the following message when trying to play: CAGE ERROR..UNAB LE TO CREATE DIRECT 3D DEVICE. Uninstalled and reinstalled and received the same message. Help! My cousin recommended this game and I would like to play it.

I had the same problem with this game, but I could resolve it. Maybe this will work for you too. Try to run the game as Administrator. This link will help you to do it:

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1748.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 14, 12 11:58 AM
Opattylmy wrote:Installed and had the following message when trying to play: CAGE ERROR..UNAB LE TO CREATE DIRECT 3D DEVICE. Uninstalled and reinstalled and received the same message. Help! My cousin recommended this game and I would like to play it.

Hi Opattylmy,

Running your game in Administrator Mode could definitely help with this, as JirafaVanidosa suggested.

You can check out that help article by clicking right here, too.

If that doesn't get things straightened out, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can work on this issue with you directly.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 14, 12 12:00 PM
wolfrun_cb1 wrote:I posted the problem with signing on in the Developers forum. They said they were working on it. When I saw the update I assumed it was going to fix this problem. Unfortunately, it is still happening to me. There is no way it my laptop. I wasted 6.99 on this game.

Hi wolfrun_cb1,

I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble signing in to this game!

If you haven't already done so, please also get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to collect some information that can really help the developers as they work to get this issue resolved.

You can read more about how to contact them and send in details of the issue in the post we've created here.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

vall
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by vall on Oct 17, 12 4:42 PM
Same problem as others have. Can't sign in. Contacted technical services but it seems there is no fix yet. They did give me a free game though - thanks.

auggie1224
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by auggie1224 on Oct 20, 12 5:47 PM
Also unable to sign into the game, cursor is working fine. I also have to do "ctl, alt, delete" to get out of the game. Tried after the 'fix" , but still unable to enter my name to play the game....Please fix

sackese
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by sackese on Nov 20, 12 12:27 AM
Any news on the issue

"Not able to sign into the game"

Seems this one is dead.

[Post New]by artemis4 on Jan 23, 13 4:12 PM
I am having the same problem with trying to put the gears and rubies in place. There just won't go no matter what. What is the problem?

hickorybabe
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by hickorybabe on Mar 29, 13 5:22 AM

at the end there is a number puzzle from 1 to 10 I have tried and tried this puzzle, I only see 2 nines and every time I get to 9 I have clicked on both of them and it comes up wrong could someone please help

[Post New]by Marmite50 on Apr 13, 13 5:30 PM
I have collected all the nails but only 3 show in the inventory. The game thinks I have 4 because when I press hint it wants me to go to the horse. Can you help with this please. Has anyone else had this problem?

Go to: