bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Lost in Night

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 10, 12 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Lost in Night? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Lost in Night page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Lost in Night

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 10, 12 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 10, 12 12:39 AM
Morning, all...

First a rant: I hope this is not going to be a new trend, where the game installs only in the language of the computer’s OS. This game is once more in German only for me.

I am glad it’s just a Match 3 game, so there isn’t too much to read, but that’s beside the point.

I also turned down the “music”, but still get music and a lot of noise when a level has finished. Don’t care for all that racket, to be honest.
Rant over

Apart from the above, this is a beautiful M3 game. It comes in 3 different styles (only like one of them), and you can play it in timed or untimed mode.

It also comes in widescreen, but the playing area is just a normal full screen, with coloured bars on either side.

I love the way you can buy buildings AND you can upgrade them as well. And not just once, but several times. Quite nicely done. For this reason alone I may buy it - just have to turn the sound down altogether.

Well, that’s it. Short and to the point. LOL

Edited on 10/10/2012 at 1:29:29 AM PST

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Oct 10, 12 1:33 AM
Cute game. Not worthy of full price though... probably pick it up as a DD some day. For one thing there's no widescreen... here's a hint devs... coloring your "black bars" to match the game is NOT widescreen. Never was, never will be. It's just "colored black bars" and hey if you're gonna bother with that why not actually do the job right?!

Also, WAY too much "stuff" on the screen so that your playing field is small in comparison. That's stupid. It's a GAME. We buy the game to PLAY the game so make the PLAYING area the largest thing on the screen. Seriously... common sense... what a concept... between the black bars (just callin' a spade a spade) and all the clutter, my playing area was only a fourth of my screen size!! That is totally unacceptable.

If I were grading this I'd give it a D... in other words it passes... but barely. Maybe a few days of Saturday school to sharpen your work ethic? It's cute too with pretty graphics so it's a shame they didn't put in a little more effort to live up to today's technology and expectations. But good job on offering the relaxed mode... it's the one saving grace and why I'd at least buy on sale.

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Oct 10, 12 1:45 AM
Good Morning everyone I was beginning to wonder if we were ever gonna see another game from this developer, I absolutely love this developer and their match 3 games they do some of the best match 3's out there and this one is no exception. Now we have some building to do so let's make sure we have all the necessary tools, hard hat check, hammer check, wrenches, check, nails gotta have nails, check, night vision goggles check, that's right crew we are building at night by the light of the silvery moon, under the moonlight, going nocturnal oh yeah building Dracula style baby, okay I think you get the point but just in case you missed it we are building at night. So since we are building at night I'm bringing along the grill so we can slap some steaks, burgers, and dogs on while we work can't work on an empty stomach and since we have to work and can't sleep we might as well eat. Now it's time to pack up your gear and let's get this show on the road or rather get this town built because we are running out of night time we have to be done and outta here by sun up orders from headquarters but then again we could all play this game and get a head's up on nocturnal building it's fun and loaded with eye candy.

Well as said I love this dev and their match 3 games. There are two modes of play timed and relaxed also with this one there are three different ways of playing group, swap, or chain, and earn trophies also there is a little mini game called snail blitz where you race snails. The boards also change shape so your not always on the same board.

If your looking for a story I'm sorry to say you want be getting it with this one this one is basic matching it's just you and the boards no story to follow but then again you could dream up your own story while playing after all it is just you and the boards with lots of fairytale type buildings so you could let your imagination run a muck and make up your own story as you go, you can be the mayor, king or queen, prince or princess, even the fairy queen the possibilities are endless.

This is a gorgeous match 3 and it's a builder as well and I'm a sucker for these type of match 3 games I love the building and this one the town and buildings are so gorgeous the graphics and colors are simply mind blowing. Give the demo a try it's worth that. Thank you dev's it's great to see you and thank you Big Fish for another fairytale builder. Have fun everybody !

Edited on 10/10/2012 at 2:09:31 AM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Oct 10, 12 1:55 AM

I have this game and I really enjoy it for relaxation - even playing the timed option.
The only downside is that you have no choices about styles built - you just pick a building to build or upgrade and it is done.

The vibrant colored graphics, new age music are just right for a good zen-out plus the game play is flawless.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Oct 10, 12 2:18 AM
I found this to be a bright, cheerfull and beautifully colorful little M3 game.

I love the designs for the little houses, they are all adorable!

The gameplay is smooth, there are powerups, and the music, I find it to be relaxing and enjoyable!

Thanks Devs for the two modes of play! Timed, not my but, UN-Timed is very much appreciated here and makes this an instant buy for me!

As always one has to make up ones own mind, but, if you like M3s, give it a try!

BK

[Post New]by gentlegranny on Oct 10, 12 2:58 AM
gmac1007 wrote:
If your looking for a story I'm sorry to say you want be getting it with this one this one is basic matching it's just you and the boards no story to follow but then again you could dream up your own story while playing after all it is just you and the boards with lots of fairytale type buildings so you could let your imagination run a muck and make up your own story as you go, you can be the mayor, king or queen, prince or princess, even the fairy queen the possibilities are endless.

I had to chuckle when I read this. I had already started constructing a story about fairies and such for my grandchildren when they play it with me! Let's not forget the Trolls and knights errant for the little boys.

Earlier, I came to leave a review and there was only Valdy's. BTW, I totally agree about the music, Valdy! I went to check something but got carried away with the game and my story and by the time I got back there were six reviews! I have played all night and now it is time to make breakfast and lunches and send everyone off!

I like having the option of timed or untimed. This is definitely a game I will play more than once. Not often on timed but occasionally. Mostly I play games to relax and trying to beat the clock makes me more tense.

Graphics are lovely. Perfect for this type of theme.
I agree, also, that the playing area should be larger but it doesn't bother me as much as the music.

Except for the music, I am unusually excited about this match 3 game.
Thanks Big Fish!

I really look forward to playing this.
Grins
gentlegranny

I give this 5 Bon Bons

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Oct 10, 12 3:28 AM

This is a nice comfortable Match3 game but I have to admit that I'm a tad confused by it. On 3 occasions, I OBVIOUSLY cleared ALL tiles within the given time BUT because it was so close to the end of the hourglass and despite having a slight amount (to me it seemed, anyway) of "sand" left, instead of saying "level complete", the game told me that my time had run out.

YES, YOU CAN PLAY RELAXED!!!
The saving grace, for me, of this game is that you CAN toggle between timed and relaxed modes between each level.

I became upset with the "time ran out" comment on Level 5, so I went to the Options in the Main Menu and UNticked the timed mode and returned to the game. I expected to start at Level 1 but the game returned me to Level 5; YEAH

I then returned to the Options in the Main Menu and REticked the timed mode and returned to the game at Level 6 (after completing Level 5, of course) and continued in the timed mode for the rest of the demo.

I have to say that I am strongly considering using my game coupon on this game as I've got to "use it or lose it" by tomorrow.

Since this game can be played in BOTH timed and relaxed modes PLUS a gamer has the option to TOGGLE between the 2 modes, I am certain that this game'll meet everyone's expectations of happiness.

MEnr56

NanaLoona
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on Oct 10, 12 5:56 AM
What a wonderful game! When I began playing I realized it has been a loooong time since we have had a good Match 3 offering and I really miss these games.

This game is by the same developers as Lost in Reefs and Wizard's Land.

- You can play relaxed or timed.

- There are the three modes, Swap, Group and Chain, but Group and Chain are unlocked after you reach certain levels.

- You have your choice of square, hex or both boards.

- The usual power ups - bombs, magnet, wand that destroys tiles, etc..

The theme is sort of Halloween. You build cute little buildings by night and the music reminds me of Fishdom's Spooky Splash.

I bought it immediately after playing the demo and this will be my new Halloween Match 3 to play every October.

Nana

debzzzzy
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by debzzzzy on Oct 10, 12 9:38 AM
Hi Fishies

Played this on another site, and before I knew it time had run out .

Love match 3 games, I find them so relaxing, and this certainly fits the bill to me. I like to play in timed mode, gives an extra challenge. Everything about it is cute, graphics and all. Music does not bother me as I can easily switch it off in my mind, or play my music lol.

Different levels are good, and the fact that you can build different houses etc are even better. Like another fishie said earlier, pity you cannot choose design, but never mind. Perhaps developer can bear this in mind for next time.

All in all a very good match 3 game (which just recently are becoming few and far between) which I bought instantly, as I ran out of time on another site yesterday, and was hoping would bring it out today lol.

All in all a big thank you developers and ty .

Deb

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Oct 10, 12 12:08 PM
A beautiful game, and I'd buy it in a heartbeat, but I agree with Gamergirl: why is the playing area so tiny? I love the building aspect, but will have to think about this one, and decide how much I'm willing to squint. Doesn't that make wrinkles?

[Post New]by anasita on Oct 10, 12 1:58 PM
I do agree with Valdyi if we want games in other languages give us a choice,I do
RANT along... also find the playing area very small.I wont buy because I hate to
have no choice...and lately we have too many games that are or look dated, my
regards and thanks to all of you for the reviews which help me make up my mind

Edited on 10/10/2012 at 2:00:21 PM PST

debzzzzy
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by debzzzzy on Oct 10, 12 2:12 PM

Edited on 10/12/2012 at 4:46:53 AM PST

Badgerrrt
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Badgerrrt on Oct 10, 12 3:01 PM

Edited on 10/12/2012 at 4:47:15 AM PST

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Oct 10, 12 4:02 PM
I enjoyed the trial hour very much. No surprise since Lost in Reefs by the same developers is one of my favorite M-3's.
Beautiful graphics, 3 modes of play (swap without having to click the 2nd tile , chain, and group). There are several powerups which you earn as you make matches. The Shuffle button fills fairly quickly also as you make matches.
As you earn points, you can "build" your village. It's simplistic, with no choices other than to keep upgrading til complete. That said, it's a nice little break from the M-3. To my mind, it's beautiful in a whimsical fairytale way.
There is a choice of Timed or Relaxed which you can easily change. There are several trophies too. I didn't try the mini-game more than once since I was in the trial, so I wonder if the Snail Race is purely a matter of chance and intended just to be an extra little relaxation. Although there is a trophy for it too, so of course I'll do it often enough to win that one.
I played the trial in Timed mode so I learned how the game warns you that you are nearly out of time. It's a nice chime tone , rather than the heart-beat thump which made me so nervous in Cradle of Rome and Cradle of Egypt. Still, even though it's a gentle warning, I'll likely play more of it Untimed.
I had a PCC expiring ini 4 days, so snapped up this beautiful relaxing game today.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Oct 10, 12 4:51 PM
A cute Match 3 game and enjoyed playing. Music is great and graphics good too. The buying of houses with upgrades a lot of fun. Don't know if it gets harder but I am sure it does and you can always play with game being timed. Don't know if I would buy it as an SE but will keep a look out for when it, if ever becomes DD.

Edited on 10/10/2012 at 4:52:05 PM PST

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Oct 10, 12 5:18 PM
I'm on board with everyone else Very cute and fun watching the village develope. Rather easy in the begining but was just getting more difficult when the trial ended.

I, too will wait for DD on this.

[Post New]by Blooming_Lilac on Oct 10, 12 5:31 PM
I really like it! The nighttime theme is what drew me in. I don't usually play M3s very long as they are hard on my eyes and/or I get very bored. The graphics are bright and crisp without being too flashy. Thank you, devs. I think the music is really soothing. At this point, I'm playing the relaxed mode. I ran out of time in the 4th or 5th level, then switched to relaxed without having to start over. I'm on level 47 now.

-Widescreen, windowed - I don't have any black bars on my screen, but my monitor is 15.6". The game filled the screen automatically.

-Music and sound - Very nice and relaxing

-System cursor only

-Graphics - Very pretty. I enjoy playing with the full moon and trees in the background. The game has a holiday feel to it. It's a combination of Fall and Christmas, in my opinion. I really like the colors and the tiles on the boards are easy on my eyes. The game boards seem proportionate to me, but that could be because I don't have a huge screen on this laptop.

-No dialogue and no tutorial - There is a help section, though. I actually like not having to click through dialogue and popup tips. I had no trouble figuring out what each power-up does, etc. Since the graphics are what they are, I don't feel that the game needs a story to be fun. The houses are really cute and I love fairy tales.

-Three types of matching (swap, drag, and group) - I have Fibro, but so far, my hand isn't aching. It's really easy to manipulate the tiles. A+!

-Trophies - Looks like there are 10 in all. This is another plus for me. I got one for completing a board in less than 60 seconds and one for playing 2 hours.

-Some people might be put off by not having the option to manage resources and do the building. You select them from the menu and the houses appear on the screen. There's only one choice for each building.

I haven't played the mini-game yet. It's accessible through the menu. This is fine with me.

Overall, the game is a nice holiday treat.

Edited on 10/10/2012 at 5:42:18 PM PST

[Post New]by anasita on Oct 11, 12 3:52 AM

Edited on 10/12/2012 at 4:52:11 AM PST

Go to: