bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Girls with Secrets

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 10, 12 12:39 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Girls with Secrets ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Girls with Secrets page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Girls with Secrets

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 10, 12 12:39 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 10, 12 1:12 AM
Morning, all...

Well, if you love straight HOGs (hidden object games), then this is for you.

You have a choice of Fullscreen or Window mode, Music and Sound.

You only get the system cursor.

There is a kind of Notepad at the left.

Your HINT button, which takes 2 whole minutes to fill in the easier of the 2 modes available (3 minutes in the harder version), is at the right.

Next to the Hint button is your Map. If you are in a HOS (hidden object scene), and click on the map to get out of it before you are finished, you will have to start all over again.
Don't get excited about the Map. It's just the main game page with 8 rooms, some of them locked and those you already rummaged through, are open.

Sometimes, in the HOS, you get 1 of the items in red. That item you will need. Mind you, a red font on a greyish-brown background is always wonderfully to read, so I keep wondering what that word may be.

This game also has Achievements.

--- --- ---

This is a very old-fashioned, straight-forward, and basic kind of HOG. And I won't be buying it.

Those gamers who do enjoy this style, have fun.

Edited on 10/10/2012 at 1:52:24 AM PST

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Oct 10, 12 9:31 AM
I played about half of the demo. One of my pet peeves about a game is the lack of proper English. If you are making a game in another language, you need to make sure you have someone proficient in that language check it. There are way too many misidentified objects, spelling errors, and grammatical errors that completely distract from the game. Also, the cursor had to be clicked very precisely to get the object, which is a difficult task due to the language difficulties. There were multiple items that could have been chosen. For example, there were at least 3 bowls, and 2 pairs of shoes. I clicked repeatedly all around an object hoping it was the correct one. In normal mode, the hint took an incredibly long time to refresh, and when I did use it, it flashed once, and if you aren't looking at that part of the screen, you can easily miss the hint and have to wait 3 minutes for another shot at it. While I enjoy a straight HOG every now and then in between HOPAs, this is not the one for me. I'll replay Dream Day games instead. To those who like this one, enjoy.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Oct 10, 12 5:01 PM
Well Valdy and Angel said it all.
The first thing i thought was "How old is this?" Straight HOG that replays the same scenes and even asks for some of the same items. I played the whole demo waiting to see if there would be any change in it.

The language, both spelling and identification, are terrible. It also took me halfway thru the demo to find that the instruction for mini games was the hint button!

Not my type of game at all. I want to have some challenge while playing.

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Oct 10, 12 6:45 PM
YUCKS! YUCKS! YUCKS! YUCKS! YUCKS! I wont even so much as give it a star. Straight forward HOS, (Read my review), poor graphics, (some commented that its good graphics). Poor coz its static, not hand drawn, just jumble all over. Static characters and text messages instead of voice over. Hints recharged slowly.

Disappointed BFG release such a dinosaur age game!

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Oct 13, 12 2:37 PM
This is boring! There's no enough storyline too much straight HOG and I like more interactions with my HOG's. Also the comic book like graphics are not impressing. I didn't finish demo.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Oct 19, 12 11:51 AM
Though the title is intriguing, the game isn't worth the SE price and I'm not sure it's worth it at the DD price either. When it comes out as a DD, I'll have to reevaluate it.

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Feb 19, 13 1:21 PM
this is a new developer to me, and I tried to get something out of this game despite the bad reviews, I did not play through the demo sorry gave up !!
Not for me, but maybe would be good practice for newcomers to HOGS....
some of the older style games are refreshing but this is not for me sorry a no buy

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Jul 9, 13 12:01 PM
A mediocre straight HO game 8 chapters long. A few easy mini games - clear graphics lots of misspelled words like alchool bootle or mislabeled items like calling slippers sleepers.

sunshinej

Go to: