bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Mystery Trackers: Four Aces Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 11, 12 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: Four Aces Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Oct 11, 12 1:42 AM
Access Violation Error comes up when I try to play. Game downloaded fine, and screen came up with all the Play, Options, Bonus ect. and one named Kennel. I can go into that. I came out of there and pressed Play. All the things like Hint and Menu and everything at the bottom of the game are there but it's just a black screen everywhere else. The curser is either not there or it turns into a double headed arrow or a star but whatever it is it does'nt work. I had to Cont+Alt+Del to get out of game. As it was closing down a Access Violation Error came up but it was so quick I only got a couple of numbers: a lot of 0's and a 47 I think.

This is the 3rd game this week I have been unable to either finish or play.

Sable Maze: Sullivan River CE. Can't finish last bit of Bonus Game because HOS missing to get Orb to finish.

Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can SE. I like a load of others got the DeBug Report and can't play after that. Tech support said to wait for an update, but seeing as the problem was also in the CE game I'm not holding my breath.

And now this game.

I can't see why I should remain a member as I'm not getting much out of it.

MinnieK
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: Four Aces Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by MinnieK on Oct 11, 12 2:17 AM
elvenstardragon wrote:Access Violation Error comes up when I try to play. Game downloaded fine, and screen came up with all the Play, Options, Bonus ect. and one named Kennel. I can go into that. I came out of there and pressed Play. All the things like Hint and Menu and everything at the bottom of the game are there but it's just a black screen everywhere else. The curser is either not there or it turns into a double headed arrow or a star but whatever it is it does'nt work. I had to Cont+Alt+Del to get out of game. As it was closing down a Access Violation Error came up but it was so quick I only got a couple of numbers: a lot of 0's and a 47 I think.

I have the same problem, the error message reads:

Error: Access violation at 0x004072C7 (tried to read from 0x00000088), program terminated.

On the strength of my previous good experiences with Elephant Games and the Mystery Trackers series I went ahead and bought the game before trying so I hope it can be sorted out soon and enable me to play.

Edit to add:

I tried closing the Game Manager and going back into the game by using the desktop shortcut direct to the game instead of through the Game Manager and that seems to be working OK for me. You might want to try that too elvenstardragon, hope it works for you.

Edited on 10/11/2012 at 2:23:52 AM PST

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Oct 11, 12 2:32 AM
Try opening the game from your hard drive. It happens to me quite often and I can open/play the games through my hard drive.

start/computer/OS (operating system) default is your c drive/Program files 86/ *find game file name and open folder/ find gamename.exe and double click.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 11, 12 2:42 AM
Hi Fishies,

Have you tried looking at the following Help Article which provides advice for the error you are seeing?

Access Violation      

If that doesn't help or you would like us to look into this for you and provide some troubleshooting specific to your computer, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to our Live Chat Support for real-time support. Live Chat is open Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 4:30 pm PST.

elvenstardragon - I just wanted to point out that we have a new build for the games Sable Maze: Sullivan River Collector's Edition and Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can SE, which you can find details on here and here! By installing those new versions, you should have more success when playing those games.

I hope this information this is helpful!

bfgBaikal

MinnieK
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by MinnieK on Oct 11, 12 3:02 AM
LadyBlue0321 wrote:Try opening the game from your hard drive. It happens to me quite often and I can open/play the games through my hard drive.

start/computer/OS (operating system) default is your c drive/Program files 86/ *find game file name and open folder/ find gamename.exe and double click.

Thanks for that LadyBlue, I did edit my post to say that I had gone through the desktop shortcut and it worked fine. The point is, we shouldn't have to do that.

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Oct 11, 12 3:19 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Fishies,

Have you tried looking at the following Help Article which provides advice for the error you are seeing?

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=711">Access Violation</a>      

If that doesn't help or you would like us to look into this for you and provide some troubleshooting specific to your computer, please contact <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page>Tech Support</a> for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to our <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/192">Live Chat Support</a> for real-time support. Live Chat is open Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 4:30 pm PST.

elvenstardragon - I just wanted to point out that we have a new build for the games Sable Maze: Sullivan River Collector's Edition and Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can SE, which you can find details on <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/0/225923.page#4711462> here</a> and <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/225702.page>here!</a> By installing those new versions, you should have more success when playing those games.

I hope this information this is helpful!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Oct 11, 12 3:20 AM
Neither of your 'New Builds' work. Tried both this morning and still getting same results on both games!!!.

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Oct 11, 12 3:22 AM
MinnieK wrote:
elvenstardragon wrote:Access Violation Error comes up when I try to play. Game downloaded fine, and screen came up with all the Play, Options, Bonus ect. and one named Kennel. I can go into that. I came out of there and pressed Play. All the things like Hint and Menu and everything at the bottom of the game are there but it's just a black screen everywhere else. The curser is either not there or it turns into a double headed arrow or a star but whatever it is it does'nt work. I had to Cont+Alt+Del to get out of game. As it was closing down a Access Violation Error came up but it was so quick I only got a couple of numbers: a lot of 0's and a 47 I think.

I have the same problem, the error message reads:

Error: Access violation at 0x004072C7 (tried to read from 0x00000088), program terminated.

On the strength of my previous good experiences with Elephant Games and the Mystery Trackers series I went ahead and bought the game before trying so I hope it can be sorted out soon and enable me to play.

Edit to add:

I tried closing the Game Manager and going back into the game by using the desktop shortcut direct to the game instead of through the Game Manager and that seems to be working OK for me. You might want to try that too elvenstardragon, hope it works for you.

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Oct 11, 12 3:25 AM
Tried that , it doesn'nt work. Because I hav'nt bought the game, going through the shortcut just takes me back to the Games Manager. Thanks anyway.

frazerpaul
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

GAME FREEZES

[Post New]by frazerpaul on Oct 11, 12 3:30 AM
This game freezes when playing and takes ages between scenes it is very annoying

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Oct 11, 12 3:58 AM
Got through intro fine. Then screen went black. Had to kill the game process in TaskMgr. So, cannot run the game via Game Manager.

Tried what was suggested above --- ran the EXE via Program Files. So far, so good. Will play more after work to make sure I can play more than a few minutes.

Thanks for that suggestion, folks!

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 11, 12 4:39 AM
Heya Fishies,

It sure isn't nice to have problems with a new game.

elvenstardragon - If you have tried all the steps provided in our Access Violation help article, I would recommend that you get in touch with our dedicated Tech Support. Even if you haven't purchased the game yet, they'll be more than happy to check this out for you so you can enjoy your trial without problems.

frazerpaul - When a game freezes and also takes a long time to load it could be that the drivers for your computer are a bit out of date and need a little update. You can find all the steps to do this here: Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen.

Jorie10 - Great to see that you can run the game from the EXE file!
If you experience any further problems you can always get in touch with our Tech Support as well and they will definitely check that out for you.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

lorem
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by lorem on Oct 11, 12 4:59 AM
I went to play this ..intro ok then went to play,screen went Black had to shut computer down to exit ...will there be a fix?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 11, 12 5:28 AM
Hi lorem,

I am sorry to hear that you have had this trouble and I definitely want to help you to play that game!

Checking that you have the most up to date drivers etc. will help to ensure your game runs smoothly for you. A crash like you described, is typically caused by the computer and game not communicating with one another as they should.

You can find some help on updating the elements that help run your game here.

If you would like us to take a look at this for you, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. There is a Contact Us link to the right of the Help pages and one of our reps will be happy to help and provide some more specific advice.

If you choose to contact Support, attaching a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report is a good idea so they can get to helping you immediately.

Thanks and good luck!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 10/11/2012 at 10:07:18 AM PST

lorem
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by lorem on Oct 11, 12 6:00 AM
I have everything upto date,laptop was recently serviced and cleaned..no problems with other games at all..I uninstalled and will try re-install to see if that helps....

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Oct 11, 12 7:30 AM
I am ready to scream!! I was almost at the end of the game getting ready to light the dynamite and save the girl when "visit the store" popped up and wouldn't close, so I went and bought some stuff for Elf and after I did, the screen froze and went totally black. I had to ctrl, alt, del. to get out of it and now the game is gone and when I went to play it, it brought me back to the beginning! I JUST bought it too!! Is there anyway to get back to where I was? I REALLY do NOT want to start this whole game over again!!

Thanks for any help.......JoAnne

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Oct 11, 12 1:45 PM
jdelbove wrote:I am ready to scream!! I was almost at the end of the game getting ready to light the dynamite and save the girl when "visit the store" popped up and wouldn't close, so I went and bought some stuff for Elf and after I did, the screen froze and went totally black. I had to ctrl, alt, del. to get out of it and now the game is gone and when I went to play it, it brought me back to the beginning! I JUST bought it too!! Is there anyway to get back to where I was? I REALLY do NOT want to start this whole game over again!!

Thanks for any help.......JoAnne

it happened early on for me...had to ctr alt to get out,, but when i restarted i was where i had been,,,,i too will not replay a game that does that, and usually ask for a refund....

allthough this one was so good,, i might of broke that rule

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 11, 12 2:07 PM
Hi jdelbove and bella81762,

I'm sorry to hear that happened. It may be possible to recover that lost game, and I recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team to see if they can help. Hopefully they can get that data back for you!

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Oct 11, 12 2:17 PM
My game played beautifully last night, in fact I played for several hours, and my game was saved when I clicked on quit. Or so it said. This morning I started it up, and I got a message that my save file had been corrupted and had to be deleted!

So now I am back at the very beginning again! While the game is a great one to play, I really don't want to be losing my place every time I have to shut it down

I started from the desktop, so I don't know if this would have happened had I used the game manager. I have windows 7 on my pc.

Okay, I just tried playing through the Game Manager and it picked up where I left off this morning - no nasty messages, so hopefully I won't have to uninstall/reinstall. I'm still rather miffed though - like someone else, I wasn't far from the end (I think).

I also tried straight from the desktop again, and so far, no nasty messages. Very weird.

Jen.

Go to: