bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

The Mac version is here! 11 October, 2012

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 11, 12 12:39 AM
You can give this game a go by going to the game page here. The gameplay will be the same across both PC and Mac platforms, so please feel free to use this Forum for any questions, tips and tricks with other Mystery Trackers: Four Aces Collector's Edition players.

If you encounter any technical trouble with your Mac game, we recommend checking our Mac Game Errors help article.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Tech Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of the Help pages.

For questions about how to use the Forums, please click the FAQ link to the right of this page.

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Busanee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:The Mac version is here! 11 October, 2012

[Post New]by Busanee on Oct 12, 12 8:45 AM
Sorry I wrote about my issues in the PC forum. But I tried everything I could and used the help forum, but the game still doesn't work. It still flickers and the dialogue is missing on some parts.

I am using the Mac with the Lion OS. I have been playing other games and they seem to work okay. The intro doesn't even show on the game when it begins. I tried changing the resolution ad that doesn't help either. I have all the updated flash players on my Mac. It's pretty new and I don't usually have issues with the games. Is there anything else that can be done?

Busanee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Busanee on Oct 12, 12 10:19 AM
Well, I tried again to find out what was wrong and the same issues are happening with another Elephant Games game. I tried going to play Surface: The Noise She Couldn't Make, and the same thing is happening there also. I uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Flash Player, Did the same with the game, and even restarted my Mac but to no avail. Please help as I have already purchased these games and would really like to play them.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 12, 12 10:21 AM
Hi Busanee,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this and the new Surface game!

Since trying the troubleshooting suggestions here didn't help, I think it's definitely best to get in touch with our Mac Support Team. They have the tools to see what's going on with those specific games and can work with you directly on getting everything resolved.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

bfgMonongahela

Busanee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Busanee on Oct 12, 12 10:53 AM
Thank you! I submitted my issue. I hope they can help me.

[Post New]by jhooker6 on Oct 13, 12 5:36 AM
I have exactly the same issue with this game - but I had only downloaded the trial version - have given up and deleted!

[Post New]by crinklish on Oct 13, 12 8:00 AM
I'm having the same issue--flickering, and invisible text. I haven't purchased, only downloaded the trial, but I'll probably delete and hope the bug gets fixed. I'm on Mac Lion 10.7.5.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Oct 16, 12 7:55 PM
Once again, I'd like to express my deep thanks for the dual release!!! I salute you Elephant!!

P.S. Played on a Mac 10.5.8 and didn't have the same issues you guys did. Sorry you are having this problem.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Oct 16, 12 8:11 PM
Info from CinW in tech issues thread:
CinW wrote:For those of us having problems with the black screen and flickering:

I submitted a question about this to tech support, and they responded quickly with some information. They have found that the game is currently not compatible with the Intel HD 3000/4000 graphics card (I believe this is the standard for MacBook Airs, like mine). Big Fish has spoken with the game development company in hopes they will release an updated version that will work with that video card, but the status of that is unknown right now.

You can easily check to see what graphics card you have. Just click the apple icon on the upper left corner, then "About This Mac," and "More Info."

If you purchased the game and can't play because of the graphics card issue, contact customer support (I'm sure you will be reimbursed -- Big Fish is really great about that!).

If you don't have that graphics card but have the black screen/flickering problem, contact tech support so they can help more. It's been my experience that they work very hard to resolve issues, as long as you contact them.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Oct 24, 12 8:40 PM
I am trying to play on a MacBook Pro with Intel HD3000 graphics and have the black screen, flickering screen, disappearing and invisible text also.

This is the first game where I've had this problem. I've been able to play much larger true/pure Adventure games on this machine without a problem.

BFG, a note in the system requirements for the game is appropriate here and may help others who assume this game will run on their machine.

CinW
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by CinW on Oct 28, 12 10:18 AM
Truly a big problem for Elephant games. I just tried to play another release by them, and yet again got the black screen, missing text, and problematic graphics. I am very sad to think that I won't be able to play games by one of my favorite developers!

Hopefully, they will address this situation soon.

perrik
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by perrik on Oct 29, 12 11:58 AM
I've encountered this problem with the last four Mac releases from Elephant Games. That's good in a way, because otherwise I would have purchased the latest in the Mystery Trackers series without even trying it! I've got a MacBook Air and a new Mac Mini, neither of which are compatible due to the graphics card.

FYI: I run the Air as a dual boot and discovered that the Windows version of MT:FA works just fine on this same graphics card. So the issue is not just the card, but the card + operating system.

I had written to Elephant Games support after trying the previous three games without success, but they had no answer at the time (and never followed up with me after they apparently figured out the problem).

ladyblu11
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by ladyblu11 on Oct 29, 12 9:01 PM
same issues here (and second time around with one of their games). I have a new Macbook Pro, with Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB so it looks like this is the problem - as stated in another post. I find it crazy that we can not play these games on our new(er) macs. I do hope the developers figure out how to fix this. I love their games.

Go to: