Just for fun...let's guess Elf's breed/s!

[Post New]by Serf2CavSpaniel on Oct 12, 12 7:46 PM
Ok, I'm a total luv-mush when it comes to canines, as you can probably tell from my screen name. I just that little poochie, Elf! Sooo, I got to wondering...what kinda dog izzat? Hmmmm....OK, here's my guess, and the reasons why. Highlight to view.
Chihuahua x Miniature Pinscher ... The Chi= Those EARS!!! and brave Big Dog attitude.
The Min Pin= Black and Tan coloring, confidence, smarts and energy.

Ok, dog lovin' Fishies, let's hear it with your guesses, too! Highlight to hide like I did, and enter your guess before reading everyone else's, including mine, and see how we all compare. Sound like fun?
Oh...one more thing. Some of the things the Devs thought would be good gifts to buy Elf with those chips I personally thought a little odd for a dog. A Victrola? A radio? Those things usually require an opposable thumb to work, last time I checked, LOL! If I was stocking that store, I might include the following:
An automatic water bowl with a fountain. And a grassy 'comfort station' with a strategicly placed fire hydrant...and privacy screen! How about you?
What would you have added to the things you could buy for Elf with your chips?

 
lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

Re:Just for fun...let's guess Elf's breed/s!

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Oct 13, 12 8:28 AM
a radar detector

 
luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

Re:Just for fun...let's guess Elf's breed/s!

[Post New]by luvtoread on Oct 13, 12 11:53 AM
Ok, I'm not sure why there is a doghouse to buy him when he already
has a perfectly good dog house.
But some dog treats, a doggie bed, a TV, I agree with you about
the water bowl.
As far as his breed, I think you have that one covered.

If I come up with any more ideas, I'll come back.

 

Re:Just for fun...let's guess Elf's breed/s!

[Post New]by Serf2CavSpaniel on Oct 13, 12 12:20 PM
lisablue4369 wrote:a radar detector


ROTFLOL!!!! I agree. You earned your CLOWN fish avatar today, LisaBlue.
Good one!

Thanks for the chuckle!

 

Re:Just for fun...let's guess Elf's breed/s!

[Post New]by Serf2CavSpaniel on Oct 13, 12 12:38 PM
luvtoread wrote:Ok, I'm not sure why there is a doghouse to buy him when he already
has a perfectly good dog house.
But some dog treats, a doggie bed, a TV, I agree with you about
the water bowl.
As far as his breed, I think you have that one covered.

If I come up with any more ideas, I'll come back.


Good suggestions! I haven't gotten far enough to see if the second doghouse is an 'upgraded' model or not. Maybe it's fancier. But yeah, extra treats, a nice comfy bed instead of just a mat and of course, a color TV so he can watch vintage episodes of Lassie, Rin Tin Tin and re-runs of Dog Town...but let's keep a box of tissues nearby for the weepy parts of every episode...
Please, do come back and leave more ideas!

 

Re:Just for fun...let's guess Elf's breed/s!

[Post New]by Serf2CavSpaniel on Oct 13, 12 2:52 PM
Ok, I'm a bit further into the game now, and have aquired enough 'chips' to purchase Elf some more goodies, even the ones I thought were kinda goofy. I take back my comment that the Devs' choices were a little weird for a dog.
I'm actually having nearly as much fun watching this cute little bat-earred guy interact with his 'gifts' as I am playing the rest of the game! Clicking on these items, once purchased, triggered interactions that were very amusing and showed well observed, mega-cute dog behavior.
So Elephant Devs, please accept my apologies, and know I have my fins crossed that you'll bring Elf, the store and his adorable antics back in future additions to this series!

 
Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

Re:Just for fun...let's guess Elf's breed/s!

[Post New]by Syndalee on Oct 13, 12 4:44 PM
My guess would be that there is definitely some Min-Pin in there. Perhaps some Chihuahua as well. Something has to account for those ears!

 
poppy45
Clownfish
Clownfish
834 Posts

Re:Just for fun...let's guess Elf's breed/s!

[Post New]by poppy45 on Oct 14, 12 4:01 AM
foxy chihuahua(sp) cross & help dog

 
snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

Re:Just for fun...let's guess Elf's breed/s!

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Oct 16, 12 3:29 PM
Serf2CavSpaniel wrote:Ok, I'm a bit further into the game now, and have aquired enough 'chips' to purchase Elf some more goodies, even the ones I thought were kinda goofy. I take back my comment that the Devs' choices were a little weird for a dog.
I'm actually having nearly as much fun watching this cute little bat-earred guy interact with his 'gifts' as I am playing the rest of the game! Clicking on these items, once purchased, triggered interactions that were very amusing and showed well observed, mega-cute dog behavior.
So Elephant Devs, please accept my apologies, and know I have my fins crossed that you'll bring Elf, the store and his adorable antics back in future additions to this series!


I'm glad I saw this, I hadn't realized the goodies were interactive. Super cute.

 
Skrdykat
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

Re:Just for fun...let's guess Elf's breed/s!

[Post New]by Skrdykat on Oct 24, 12 2:55 PM
I thought Chihuahua for sure! I didn't have enuf chips at the end of the game to buy the last doghouse, was it super special? I loved feeding him and then having him fall asleep on the mat.

Next game developers: The Adventures of Elf!

 
barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

Re:Just for fun...let's guess Elf's breed/s!

[Post New]by barbee44 on Oct 25, 12 4:55 PM
Chihuahua

 
seaside2
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

Re:Just for fun...let's guess Elf's breed/s!

[Post New]by seaside2 on Jan 24, 13 10:07 AM
Syndalee wrote:My guess would be that there is definitely some Min-Pin in there. Perhaps some Chihuahua as well. Something has to account for those ears!


I agree with this breed assessment!

 
cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

Re:Just for fun...let's guess Elf's breed/s!

[Post New]by cat52 on Jan 26, 13 9:14 AM
Chigi.

 
sionnach_dhu
Herring
Herring
305 Posts

Re:Just for fun...let's guess Elf's breed/s!

[Post New]by sionnach_dhu on May 25, 14 2:36 PM
He's a Miniature Pinscher with uncropped ears and undocked tail - which is the way you normally see them in Europe. Unfortunately, mutilating dogs for fashion isn't yet illegal in the United States.

Edited on 05/25/2014 at 2:37:34 PM PST


 
 
 
 
Go to: