bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Post any Hidden Mysteries: Gates of Graceland technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Oct 13, 12 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Hidden Mysteries: Gates of Graceland technical issues here only

[Post New]by ChristmasEve on Oct 13, 12 3:50 AM
I tried playing the game and got past title GRACELAND page when an error message popped up
error: access violations at 0x00407C7C (tried to read from 0x820C8364, program terminated.
Any suggestions? Haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling yet. Thanks

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Oct 13, 12 4:02 AM
having lots of weirdness this morning...got the same code as aboce, uninstalled and reinstalled..the GM says it is expired.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 13, 12 6:30 AM
Hi Fishies,

An Access Violation message appearing while playing your game is generally related to your computer’s graphics configuration not matching what the game requires in order to run smoothly.

For help dealing with an access violation message, I would recommend trying the advice in the dedicated help article here!

kris_cross48 - I would follow the advice in the help article above before installing the trial again as making those adjustments should help prevent the trial from timing out.

If you would like us to have a look at this with you though, we would be happy to do so. You can contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page and one of our reps would be happy to assist you!

Hope this is helpful,

bfgBaikal

Edited on 10/13/2012 at 6:31:03 AM PST

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Oct 13, 12 7:10 AM
The game works for me--but it won't stop blinking, which started when I got to the "Today" portion of the opening. I'm epileptic; I can't play a game that's blinking on and off like that.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Oct 13, 12 8:17 AM
bfgBaikal, things sorted out with a reinstall//thank you.

Rhysdux; as far as the screen flickering, I too am an epileptic and looked away during a lot of the flicking tv scenes. But,, it was nothing compared to some of these flashing, zapping games..those have to be dumped.
Happily, newer games are giving you options to decrease all the flickering. But this one is all about a tv screen. I hope you make it past that. It's a nice, calming game.
kris

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Oct 13, 12 1:38 PM
I was not able to play this game at all. I uninstalled twice and still had the same problem. The screen keeps flickering. One minute the first screen appears, then its starts flickering again.

netnanna
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

Mad flickering.

[Post New]by netnanna on Oct 13, 12 2:16 PM
Unable to play at all. Madly flickering screen, tried re-installing, no go. What a shame, I felt like a bit of nostalgia would be good.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 13, 12 3:06 PM
Hi Fishies,

If you're experiencing flickering or flashing on your screen, I recommend first taking a look at our help article here that covers some basic troubleshooting steps that may fix that problem:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Updating drivers and software programs is a good first step to take for problems like that, but if you're still seeing those issues, please let our Tech Support Team know. We definitely want you to be able to play without the screen flickering!

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

Edited on 10/13/2012 at 3:06:40 PM PST

Annie6250
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Annie6250 on Oct 14, 12 8:19 AM
The game only shows up on half of my screen. I'm on an Intel iMac running Snow Leopard 10.6.8. I can't figure out how to have the game fill my whole screen.

[Post New]by LightningIOW on Oct 14, 12 8:28 AM
Mine's maybe a bit like yours Annie, it's all to the left of the screen. It hasn't cut anything off, it's just not centred which is annoying!!!
I'm on MacBook Pro running Mountain Lion.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 14, 12 12:28 PM
daquari wrote:i updated my drivers, uninstalled the game shut down the computer re installed the game and it still shuts my computer down after only a few min of playing the game

Hi daquari,

I'm sorry to hear the game is crashing like that!

Since the troubleshooting suggestions in our help articles didn't seem to get things straightened out, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to really delve into how the game is running on your particular system and can work with you directly to get things resolved.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 10/14/2012 at 12:29:07 PM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 14, 12 12:33 PM
Annie6250 wrote:The game only shows up on half of my screen. I'm on an Intel iMac running Snow Leopard 10.6.8. I can't figure out how to have the game fill my whole screen.

LightningIOW wrote:Mine's maybe a bit like yours Annie, it's all to the left of the screen. It hasn't cut anything off, it's just not centred which is annoying!!!
I'm on MacBook Pro running Mountain Lion.

Hi Annie6250 and LightningIOW,

We have some suggestions that may help in our article here.

But if you try those and the game is still not displaying correctly, please get in touch with our Mac Support Team so they can take a look at your particular system and suggest some more specific things you can try.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email and they'll get back to you as soon as they can.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

exdir
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by exdir on Oct 14, 12 5:02 PM
This was strange...I had to stop playing the demo with about 25 minutes left. When I came back to the game, I was at the end of the game...I played for about 6 minutes and a screen came up that said, thanks for playing and then the credits started.
Very wierd. Well, I don't think I'll buy it because now I know how it ends!

Post any Hidden Mysteries: Gates of Graceland technical issues here only

[Post New]by hatshep on Oct 14, 12 7:37 PM
bfgTokoro wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166"> Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen </a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

[Post New]by hatshep on Oct 14, 12 7:39 PM
I cant get to the install my download stops and then there's it no way to install I have restarted Game Manager three times same result. Now I cant seem to download at all.

[Post New]by hatshep on Oct 14, 12 7:44 PM
Finally got it to work so don't reply thanks

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Oct 16, 12 3:08 AM
Hi Fishies,

exdir, this could be a graphic card crash, in this case I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the game and check our help page Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen as sometimes, just a small update can really help your game to perform well.

hatshep, if you're having download issues, this help article might come in handy Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If you want us to help you out after this, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps will be please to help you and make sure to investigate exactly what's happening.

Hope this helps!

bfgTokoro

eskimo1203
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by eskimo1203 on Oct 20, 12 5:01 AM
I am also running on a Mac and have the same problem as the posters above: half screen. I am unable to click on any items to the right of the screen. I have the resolution set at the correct settings and my software updates are current.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 20, 12 5:14 AM
Hi eskimo1203,

As you have tried the advice already offered, please get in touch with our friendly Tech Support.

You can reach them by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then clicking the Contact Us link on the help pages.

They will be happy to provide more personalized help that we are unable provide via the Forums.

Hope this helps and best of luck in sorting this out!

bfgBaikal

Go to: