bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Northern Tale technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 15, 12 12:36 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

cel_1
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

game stops responding when loading

[Post New]by cel_1 on Oct 15, 12 5:21 AM
bfgBiwa wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166"> Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen </a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

jueh
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Post any Northern Tale technical issues here only

[Post New]by jueh on Oct 15, 12 7:46 AM
My game wont load up, it freezes on the start up screen. Any suggestions pls?

Blank Screens

[Post New]by Mortal_Godiva on Oct 15, 12 8:09 AM
For the first time playing a BF game, my PC howls when the game starts up. I cannot get passed the 3rd level because the screen instantly goes blank (black).
I am confident that it is not my PC or graphics. I like these kind of games. Any help would be appreciated. I have Win 7 O/S and have never experienced anything like this before..

Edited on 10/15/2012 at 11:50:37 AM PST

[Post New]by HereF1shyF1shy on Oct 15, 12 9:18 AM
I'm having weird solid blocks of color blinking on the screen as I play.

p.s. I have a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows 7. I'm running a Dr. Felix report now and sending it over.

Edited on 10/15/2012 at 9:23:20 AM PST

1941grandma
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

Visuals

[Post New]by 1941grandma on Oct 15, 12 10:31 AM
My OS is Windows 7 what screen resolution is everyone using? I have 2 monitors and the game is spreading itself across both screens.
I have never had this happen before, It is very disconcerting because I have to watch both screens

jueh
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Visuals

[Post New]by jueh on Oct 15, 12 10:40 AM
1941grandma wrote:My OS is Windows 7 what screen resolution is everyone using? I have 2 monitors and the game is spreading itself across both screens.
I have never had this happen before, It is very disconcerting because I have to watch both screens

Windows 7, I downloaded the demo from the devs site and that works fine, but I bought the full version here and just cant get it to work at all.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 15, 12 11:50 AM
Hi Fishies,

It looks like a lot of you are running into some issues with the display of this game, or it crashing on you!

With both kinds of issues, the first thing we suggest is checking for updates to your video card, graphics drivers and the specific programs (Flash & Shockwave) that handle the graphic and sound effects for the game. You can read more about how to do that in our help article here.

If that doesn't get things straightened out, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to look at how the game is running on your particular system and can work with you directly on some more specific troubleshooting steps.

You can read more about how to contact them and send in the details of your issue in the post we've created here.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

1941grandma
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by 1941grandma on Oct 15, 12 12:09 PM
I also downloaded the game from the developers site and still have the same problem

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Oct 15, 12 12:44 PM
I'm having blocks of color flashing while I'm playing. Very annoying.

Edit: I've updated my drivers with no change in the blinking. I'm also having a bit of drag with the mouse. It's not as responsive as it should be.

Edited on 10/15/2012 at 1:53:18 PM PST

suzsmarmie
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by suzsmarmie on Oct 15, 12 1:40 PM
I have the color block blinking issue also..anybody have answers yet? Hate that..like the game..

luvgames77
Herring
Herring
344 Posts

[Post New]by luvgames77 on Oct 15, 12 2:46 PM
I have the same issue as everyone else.....screen blinking. I am so sad because it looked like a really fun game.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 15, 12 4:58 PM
Hi again Fishies,

If updating your video card and graphics drivers (which we go over in our help article here ) doesn't get everything straightened out with the game display, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They have the tools to really into this issue and can work with you directly to get things resolved.

And if this is a bigger issue with the game itself, the information they can collect from you will really help pinpoint where it's coming from so we can get it addressed as quickly as possible.

You can read more about how to contact Tech Support and send in the details of your issue in the post we've created here.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 10/15/2012 at 4:58:43 PM PST

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Oct 15, 12 9:43 PM
Level 30 I can not get the deer free & the resources will not go past 30.

wxman77477
Clownfish
Clownfish
557 Posts

Something is wrong with Level 31

[Post New]by wxman77477 on Oct 16, 12 11:16 AM
Check out my messages under "Winter Level 31"

wxman77477
Clownfish
Clownfish
557 Posts

[Post New]by wxman77477 on Oct 16, 12 11:17 AM
VTCT wrote:Level 30 I can not get the deer free & the resources will not go past 30.

You cannot store any production units beyond 30 units on any level.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Oct 17, 12 5:59 AM
HereF1shyF1shy wrote:I'm having weird solid blocks of color blinking on the screen as I play.

p.s. I have a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows 7. I'm running a Dr. Felix report now and sending it over.

I, too, have a Dell Inspiron running Windows 7 Professional (minitower). The screen blinked on every level. I suspect a graphics driver clash between the one used by the game and the ones on my computer. First game or program I've ever run that gave me this problem. While I was able to play the entire way through the game, it did affect how other programs operated and I uninstalled as soon as I was finished and restarted my computer.

[Post New]by aussiemum76 on Oct 17, 12 5:08 PM
I posted up an issue on another thread, which was sent here, sorry bout that :-).
I followed all the instructions regarding removing flashplayer and shockwave thingy, then reinstalled, the shockwave thing i had no issue with, but because i use Google Chrome, it told me that the browser already has a flashplayer installed..hmm ok...so i tried the game and yay it worked!!! I then went to check my email...i use incredimail....and it told me that i had to install the flashplayer to be able to see animations and such that incredimail has installed...so I installed the said flashplayer.
This morning i went to play the game and i had the same issue as before, the game gets to the load up screen and ..... nothing.... game stops responding and i have to go into task manager to shut it down.... so it seems that it is conflicting with flashplayers? I really don't want to change the browser that I am using, or the email client I am using just to play one game :-/ Help?

suzsmarmie
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by suzsmarmie on Oct 17, 12 7:46 PM
I heard back from CS today and have sent them a Dr. Felix report. I have Windows 7, but not a Dell computer..

Hopefully CS will be able to diagnose whatever problem there is so we can play this game. Love Big Fish Customer Service!!

1941grandma
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by 1941grandma on Oct 18, 12 2:19 AM
I have also sent a Dr Felix report, waiting for an answer

Go to: