bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to The Great Unknown: Houdini's Castle forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 17, 12 12:29 AM
Welcome to The Great Unknown: Houdini's Castle forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other The Great Unknown: Houdini's Castle players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to The Great Unknown: Houdini's Castle forum

[Post New]by Deezly on Oct 17, 12 1:33 PM
Am I the only one that has problems in chapter 7? I went to Houdini's room but there's a glitch in the game. I did everything and because nothing happened I checked the walktrough in which I see that I should be able to acces the window again to play an HOS (for the 2nd time) but it won't light up for me to play another HOS. If I click "Hint" she says "I'll double-check that window in case I missed something", but like I said, I can't acces the window anymore. On top of that, I have finished all the other scenes so there's nothing left for me to finish first to gain acces to the window again.

What can I do now? I also tried restarting the game but it won't work either..

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 18, 12 3:31 AM
Hi Deezly,

Welcome to the Pond!

I haven't played this game yet so I am not too sure what may be going wrong here but I will do my best to help.

As this hint is directing you there, you know you are in the right place doing the right thing. Hence, the first thing I would suggest doing is clicking 'around the window', in case the hotspot that triggers the HO scene is a little off.

If the issue persists, I would encourage you to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

That being said, if neither of these tips help, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps though!

bfgBaikal

Tuxlux
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Tuxlux on Oct 21, 12 8:37 PM
Hi Big Fish

I am having the same issue with the game. The second HO scene listed in the walkthrough won't appear for Houdini's room. The "hint" button says look around the window, but clicking on the window doesn't make the game "zoom in" for the HO scene.

Don't see any reports of this on the tech forum either.

I did uninstall and reinstall the game but it didn't resolve the issue.

Thanks!
Tuxlux

Edited on 10/21/2012 at 8:38:32 PM PST

[Post New]by babycakes59 on Oct 22, 12 5:59 PM
i cant get the last valve out of the shark tank. i have the hand set the position and pushed the button but it never moved and now it wont let me push the botton again.HELP

lexi91495
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by lexi91495 on Oct 23, 12 7:40 AM
i need to drain the pool, however, only have two valves. i need a third valve. anyone have any ideas. thanks

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 23, 12 9:52 AM
Tuxlux wrote:Hi Big Fish

I am having the same issue with the game. The second HO scene listed in the walkthrough won't appear for Houdini's room. The "hint" button says look around the window, but clicking on the window doesn't make the game "zoom in" for the HO scene.

Thanks!
Tuxlux

Hi Tulux,

The first thing I would try is looking back through the walkthrough a little bit to see if it shows anything else that you can do. Sometimes a HO scene won't appear unless something happens in another part of the game to trigger it.

If you've done everything leading up to that spot and the HOS is still not coming up, it could be that there's more of a technical issue going on. In that case, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can start working on it with you directly.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 23, 12 10:14 AM
babycakes59 wrote:i cant get the last valve out of the shark tank. i have the hand set the position and pushed the button but it never moved and now it wont let me push the botton again.HELP

Hi babycakes59,

Have you added the charged battery to the panel? If it's not in place yet, that might be why the hand didn't move. I checked the walkthrough and it looks like you can charge the empty battery in the device where you found the first pipe valve. This is what it says to do:

- Zoom into the device; remove the screws (yellow) with the SCREWDRIVER.
- Take the first PIPE VALVE.
- Put the EMPTY BATTERY in the holder.
- Add the WIRED CORD to the plug and take the CHARGED BATTERY.

You can click here to see how that should work, or the other blue text above to go to the full walkthrough.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 23, 12 10:22 AM
lexi91495 wrote:i need to drain the pool, however, only have two valves. i need a third valve. anyone have any ideas. thanks

Hi lexi91495,

I went through the walkthrough and found where the valves are. You can click the links below to go to screenshots showing each:

The first valve is in the charging device in the theatre here.

You'll get the second valve by using the claw machine here.

The third valve should already be on the pipes. Here's how the walkthrough says to adjust them to drain the pool:

- Zoom into the pipes; put the 2 PIPE VALVES on it to activate a puzzle.
- Turn the valves until the water levels are all equal.
- To solve the puzzle, select the valves in this order: K, L, and M.
- Go back to the pool.

Click here to see the screenshot showing the order of the valves. You can also click the other blue text above to go to the full walkthrough if you'd like.

Good luck!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by babycakes59 on Oct 23, 12 5:44 PM
bfgMonongahela wrote:
babycakes59 wrote:i cant get the last valve out of the shark tank. i have the hand set the position and pushed the button but it never moved and now it wont let me push the botton again.HELP

Hi babycakes59,

Have you added the charged battery to the panel? If it's not in place yet, that might be why the hand didn't move. I checked the <a href=http://bigfi.sh/OZzbIQ>walkthrough</a> and it looks like you can charge the empty battery in the device where you found the first pipe valve. This is what it says to do:

- Zoom into the device; remove the screws (yellow) with the SCREWDRIVER.
- Take the first PIPE VALVE.
- Put the EMPTY BATTERY in the holder.
- Add the WIRED CORD to the plug and take the CHARGED BATTERY.

You can click <a href=http://blog-assets.bigfishgames.com/Walkthroughs/The-Great-Unknown-Houdinis-Castle/tguh-castle042.jpg>here</a> to see how that should work, or the other blue text above to go to the full walkthrough.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by babycakes59 on Oct 23, 12 5:46 PM
i put the charged battery in the claw machine i moved the arrows and pushed the red button the claw never moved now the battery area wont highlight again

[Post New]by GERRYHUES on Dec 21, 13 8:50 AM
Hi Big Fish ;
Im having the same problems as a few others.
The second HO scene listed in the walkthrough won't appear for Houdini's room. The "hint" button says look around the window, but clicking on the window doesn't make the game "zoom in" for the HO scene.

cokienutt
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by cokienutt on Jan 8, 14 5:11 PM
What's up??? I've tried to buy this with the discount code ORNEON. It's 7:00 p.m., sale is till 11:59 pm., Jan. 8. That's not right. Pls. advise.

Go to: