bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any The Great Unknown: Houdini's Castle technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 17, 12 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any The Great Unknown: Houdini's Castle technical issues here only

[Post New]by survivor215 on Oct 17, 12 10:04 AM
It keeps telling me that my screen resolution is not supported. What is the correct screen resolution for this game?

wrennie
Minnow
Minnow
276 Posts

[Post New]by wrennie on Oct 17, 12 11:35 AM
I am having the same problem. This is the first game that has given me this. What does this mean?
What is the resolution that you need for the game to be supported?

JamieJBD
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by JamieJBD on Oct 17, 12 12:21 PM
I am also having the same problem...not right screen resolution...

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 17, 12 12:54 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear you're getting that error about the screen resolution!

First, please check out our help article here, which goes over how to adjust that aspect of things.

If that doesn't help, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll know more about why that specific error is coming up and can troubleshoot with you directly to get everything straightened out.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Oct 17, 12 3:55 PM
My game stopped at the shark tank. I checked the walkthrough and have done everything right but the claw doesn't move and pick up the valve. The game will not give me back the closeup of the settings for the claw. I'm totally stuck.

bailey93
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bailey93 on Oct 17, 12 4:53 PM
I keep my setting at 800 X 600 resolution for the larger icons. When I get the message that not right screen resolution I go to the control panel, display, settings and change my screen setting to 1024 x 768, then the game will play. I hope this will help.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 18, 12 3:27 AM
Hi Fishies,

bailey93 - thanks for the tip - I am sure that will be useful to a lot of Fishies.

hydrogibbon - I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

You could also try updating some of the components that help run your game in case the computer is having some trouble loading the next scenes fully. The advice in the following help article will help you to do that:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If neither of these tips help, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by buzzandbozie on Oct 18, 12 11:31 AM
I'm having the same problem at the shark tank. Gave meat to shark. Replaced a charged battery. Set arrows to where they needed to be to grab gear. Pushed red button. Screen went to the shark tank and nothing happened. Can't return to the control panel. Can't retrieve the gear. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. This still did not fix problem.

Please fix.

Thank you,
Spoiledrottn

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 18, 12 12:42 PM
Hi buzzandbozie,

I'm sorry you're running into trouble at that spot too!

Please get in touch with our Tech Support Team and send them the details of the issue you're having along with a Dr. Felix Report. This will have information they can use to pinpoint where the problem is coming from and even how it might be fixed.

It will also help us to have as many Dr. Felixes as possible to see if there are any trends or differences among operating systems.

You can read more about how to get in touch with Tech Support and send in that info in the post we've created here.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by TheAnkh on Oct 26, 12 12:26 AM
I am stock with the window and I try uninstalling and installing???

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Oct 27, 12 2:24 AM
Hi TheAnkh,

Welcome to the Pond!

I'm sorry that you're stuck with the game. You can of course try to , I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the game as it often helps.

If the issue persists though, you can contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page, one of our Reps will be happy to help you.

Best of luck!

bfgTokoro

Edited on 10/27/2012 at 2:25:18 AM PST

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on Nov 5, 12 4:53 PM
Thanks to all who posted tech. glitches - I had the same (stuck at the shark tank panel). I tried all these steps (see below) and none of them resolved this issue. I'm posting this in case the Devs. do take a look at these forums.

Steps taken -
- Uninstall + reinstall + restart
- Checked for updates on the game (none)
- Checked both CE & SE forums for resolutions (none offered that resolved the issue)
- Ran the game as Administrator (Win 7.PC): after this, the game wouldn't even start. I unchecked it and the game ran but same glitch. Instructions followed from: http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1748/kw/run%20as%20administrator

I'm surprised why this hasn't been sorted out by now since these were also reported in the CE forums. Too bad....but great customer service response as always - BFG is awesome in that respect and I got a refund.

Edited on 11/05/2012 at 4:54:38 PM PST

elyse47
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by elyse47 on Nov 25, 12 2:14 PM
buzzandbozie wrote:I'm having the same problem at the shark tank. Gave meat to shark. Replaced a charged battery. Set arrows to where they needed to be to grab gear. Pushed red button. Screen went to the shark tank and nothing happened. Can't return to the control panel. Can't retrieve the gear. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. This still did not fix problem.

Please fix.

Thank you,
Spoiledrottn

Edited on 11/25/2012 at 2:17:42 PM PST

elyse47
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by elyse47 on Nov 25, 12 2:23 PM
To all who may be having trouble with the shark tank...did you retrieve the claw that grabs the gear? It is in the torture chair, in the torture room...hope this helps...

[Post New]by davjoh50 on Apr 22, 13 12:37 PM
Everything that is supposed to be done to retrieve the valve has been done. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times. Nothing works. This is the most frustrated I've been with Big Fish (except never getting the Felix plush toy despite being a member for a couple of years.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 22, 13 2:58 PM
Hi davjoh50,

I'm sorry you're having such trouble retrieving the valve!

Since you've tried the other suggestions we posted here, I think it would be best for you to get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to take a closer look at what's going on and work with you directly on some more specific troubleshooting steps.

They can also check on your Felix plush - we definitely want you to receive that too!

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by tomtom277 on Jun 15, 13 2:37 PM
I have no idea how to reach technical helping hand.

I do have exactly the same problem as written above.
Since this is probably an serious error in the game i
hope you take this serious and help out with update or other
option.

I also did play the game totally from start again, it's
not helping at all. The shark tank stops and that's it.

Tom

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jun 15, 13 2:53 PM
Hello tomtom277,

Welcome to the Pond!

The most simple solution that often solves issues like this is to uninstall and reinstall the game. For detailed instructions on doing that, just click on the blue text below.

Uninstall/Reinstall a Game

If that's still not working, I would recommend getting in contact with our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to offer some suggestions to help get to the bottom of this. To reach them, click on the on the right-hand side of your screen then 'Contact Us' on the bottom left.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by zinnbeck on Oct 13, 13 4:27 PM
I am having resolution problems as well, but they sound a little different from what other people have posted. I can open the game, but then it seems like the top part of the opening screen is cut off and I can only get the mouse half way down the screen. I have tried many different sizes of monitor resolution settings and it always opens up the same way.

Working on a Mac Book Pro with retina display screen.

Go to: