katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

Length.....

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Oct 18, 12 3:17 AM
I've just finished the game!! In under 3 hours.
It's really short!
I think the devs are relying on a reputation and a series to get people to buy. I feel short changed!
I've played the other games in this series and they are longer than this!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Length.....

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 18, 12 3:24 AM
Hi katejoe999,

Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback on this game. I am sorry that it did not live up to your expectation in terms of game length.

However, as we do like to keep the Forum open for any new game questions, hints or tips, I will be locking this thread to keep things tidy.

If you looking to chat with other Fishies about this game, please feel free to screat a Comments for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Cursed Wedding Collector's Edition thread, as I don't see that one has been started as yet.

Also, if you would like to submit a review for this game, please do so in the official Review thread, that way we can include your opinion in the feedback we pass onto the developer.

Thanks,

bfgBaikal

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Oct 18, 12 4:01 AM
How can that be, KateJoe, the game page clearly states

The Collector’s Edition includes:

Hours of bonus gameplay!
Stunning wallpapers, screensavers and art
Integrated strategy guide
Downloadable music tracks

Has ERS duped us again

Length.....

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Oct 18, 12 4:42 AM
katejoe999 wrote:I've just finished the game!! In under 3 hours.
It's really short!
I think the devs are relying on a reputation and a series to get people to buy. I feel short changed!

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

Length.....

[Post New]by tj1147 on Oct 18, 12 5:18 AM
It's really short!

Could you let me know what the bonus game play consists of? Repeating the H0 scenes...replaying puzzles...or ?

Thanks as that will help me decide if I want to buy this game as a CE.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

Length.....

[Post New]by bella81762 on Oct 18, 12 5:21 AM
It's really short!

not surprising,,,,, ers is typically short, but i guess anything over 1 hour could be defined as "hours"

i dont even demo ers games anymore, specially ce,s , they just are not worth it,,,,shame used to be one of my fave devs,,,,

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on Oct 18, 12 6:34 AM
I to have just finished the game in a very short time - would have expected this game as a CE to be longer and also a bit more challenging. my mistake - I shouldn't have wasted money on this but waited for SE. Ho Hum

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 18, 12 6:44 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:However, as we do like to keep the Forum open for any new game questions, hints or tips, I will be locking this thread to keep things tidy.

bfgBaikal

I think that Baikal was still half asleep when she wrote this. LOL

--- --- ---

Seems to me that ERS' game get shorter and shorter, although I usually take longer to play a game than many other players. So I wouldn't automatically think that because someone took 3 hours, that I too will only take 3 hours to play through the game. And then again, I never liked games that went on for too long. I get bored with games very quickly. So, the shorter, the better - for me.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Oct 18, 12 7:06 AM
I realise the person who said it took them 3 hrs could be playing on casual or skip mini games as if you do that it will be short but two people have said it's short and if it is that short that is ridiculous as CEs when they first came out we were promised it would be for exceptional games. Well that's gone for good but now it appears we are getting CEs that I wouldn't even deem acceptable length for a SE.

I enjoyed the first game in the series but I marked it down as too short for a SE! And a lot of their games I think are short.

Money is tight with me as with a lot of people and I need to get quality time out of them or at least time. $15.32 it costs me for a CE but I guess if people still will buy them and say how great they are even at this length then some DEVS will continue to produce them.

I've been stung enough with ERS CEs to know never to buy them again. 45mins has been the longest I've ever got out of a bonus chapter (hardest, no skips) and apart from they mostly never give any extras - collectables, achievements to even make up for this. I've also sworn off them, now with SEs as I am fed up with them continuing to make new games in the series follow off from where the bonus left off.

The graphics have always been 'wishy-washy' with me, blurry and HOS hard to see and frankly not pleasant to look at. But to be fair to ERS if big fish keeps letting them get away with it, it's not all their fault. I don't understand why big fish does this as they nix other CEs, maybe because ERS only sells through them?

LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on Oct 18, 12 7:20 AM
May be that the Bundle Sale is meant to make up for the length of the game. JMO

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Oct 18, 12 7:23 AM
LaDeeDah wrote:May be that the Bundle Sale is meant to make up for the length of the game. JMO

lol.....only thing is, most have probably allready got the others,,,,

[Post New]by Barbarabarb on Oct 18, 12 8:01 AM
To be honest, a few of the recwent games have gone on for so long I have WANTED them to finish, they became tedious, but of course, they cannot be left unless I know the ending. ERS does not do this, but I am finding their games very samey, so will wait for SE this time

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Oct 18, 12 9:31 AM
how long will it take an average player to play this game in full?

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Oct 18, 12 9:41 AM
Thanks all for length infos & comments.

I agree w/ bella, ginger & others:
ERS ihogs/hopas have gotten shorter in length, no sensible extras for CE value, poorish & short bonus chapter usually, plus not esp good graphics when compared to other devs like Elephant, for ex.

BFG's marriage w/ERS seems probable reason for the high promo of these ERS games despite the games often do not even reach "the bar," nevermind raising it, even a milimetre!
Depressing...so...I don't buy ERS ihos/hopa games anymore.

BUT, I really like ERS's non-hog games & buy those as CEs.
... liked Dark Alleys & Gothic Fiction & am awaiting the "Lodger's" one--beta seemed really fun!

ETA--I did very much like Redemption-Grave Testimony CE though: thought it had a good bonus chapter too, interesting & good puzzles!

Edited on 10/22/2012 at 5:11:24 PM PST

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Oct 18, 12 5:28 PM
I just really feel duped most of the time when I buy CE's anyway.

The BONUS game is usually short and by the time I get the the BONUS part of the game I have had enough of it by then.

So I am glad I came to the Forum to check it out before I hit the buy button. I am going to wait for the SE to come out. I most often do now. I am always hoping that they will offer us something other than the 'wallpaper, art and screensaver'.

Other than that, I love the game.!!

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Oct 18, 12 7:29 PM
gingergal points out-

But to be fair to ERS if big fish keeps letting them get away with it, it's not all their fault. I don't understand why big fish does this as they nix other CEs, maybe because ERS only sells through them?

and Janey42 adds-

BFG's marriage w/ERS seems probable reason for the high promo of theses ERS games despite the games often do not even reach "the bar," nevermind raising it, even a milimetre!

which is something I've wondered about often. Just exactly "Why?" is allowing ERS to "get a pass" that some other devs do not? Or are they? It would appear thar BF should have a huge interest in the fortunes of ERS, but who knows. But regardless, whether anyone steps in with helpful input or not, it will be interesting to see what ERS does next. A long reevaluation from within concerning their cavalier, we-can't--be-touched attitude that is not serving them well would be in order, IMO.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 19, 12 12:16 AM
Well, if I compare ERS games with games like "Mysteriez", where you have to find 40 numbers in each scene, or those dreadful HdO games that also have been accepted by BF, I prefer ERS anytime. Now those games should never have made it here.

However, I am now looking at ERS like I would look at the Roman Empire: they used to be a world power and at the forefront, but as with all world powers of old, they were too sure of themselves and rested on their laurels, whereas the rest of the world was slowly catching up, and eventually overtook them.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Oct 19, 12 12:40 AM
I'm usually middle of the road when it comes to time taken playing a game. This game took me right at 3 hours for main game and slightly under 1 hour for bonus. I didn't skip any mini games and only needed a hint on one item (maybe 2) in a HOG.
Bonus does continue the story and wraps it up...so......there's that.

ETA: Oh, and I played on "Advanced" or whatever the middle setting is.

Edited on 10/19/2012 at 12:42:56 AM PST

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Oct 28, 12 9:23 AM
we found this game to be short, not long in game play. the first two game were good, and this game is also good, but short in lenght.----------doug & lisa

Go to: