bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Haunted Halls: Revenge of Doctor Blackmore technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 19, 12 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Halls: Revenge of Doctor Blackmore technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 19, 12 9:56 AM
Hi phisherman,

If a game is crashing after purchasing the full version, that can sometimes be caused by older saved data from the trial, or other factors. There are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to get that working, including the tips provided on our help article here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the tips there aren't helping, please contact our Tech Support Team and they'll be happy to troubleshoot that further with you.

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Halls: Revenge of Doctor Blackmore technical issues here only

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Oct 22, 12 2:30 PM
I have to say playing this was quite the ordeal. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling 3 times before it finally played through without incident. I didn't do anything to my computer during this time.
Mini games were the culprits. Some are skippable but the one where you make soap wasn't skippable for me and the pipes would not respond so I couldn't proceed. Although I finally did complete the game it was more frustrating than the fun it should have been. I only finished because I'm stubborn . Just thought you ought to know since it is a Collector's Edition at a premium price. It could've been fun if didn't have to start over three times

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 24, 12 2:51 AM
Heya peeshee_1951,

It sure is frustrating if a game just doesn't want to work it should and it's great that you managed to finish it in the end after all.

Problems like you describe them could be connected to the software on your computer needing a small update. Sometimes when drivers or software are a bit older this can lead to games not reacting properly during gameplay. You can find some steps on how to get your machine up to date in our help article here..

Should this problem continue to appear I would recommend that you get in touch with our dedicated Tech Support so they can check everything out for you. . You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by Gameplayer64 on Oct 25, 12 1:39 PM
ERROR :ACCESS AT 0X746E456D CANNOT READ TERMINED

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 26, 12 5:01 AM
Heya Gameplayer64, welcome to the Pond!

I'm really sorry to hear that you are getting an access violation with the game, that definitely isn't nice.

As an access violation can have several reasons it could help if you have a look at the steps in our Access Violation help article.

If the steps provided there don't help getting you rid of that evil error, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Nov 17, 12 7:02 AM
Got to the Chicago chapter and screen started breaking into black squares. Had to Esc to get out. This is so frustrating as I had the same problem with the newest game from this developer. I'm done buying these games from that developer. Will write and ask for refund.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 23, 12 3:38 AM
Hi Faylyn,

When a game has been displaying correctly for you but the display is distorted in certain scenes, this usually means the game and computer and not syncing with one another as they should.

The best way of remedying that, is to have a look at the help article here, for some great advice on updates you can run to help the computer handle the game more effectively.

If those steps don't work or you would like some help, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team.

They will also be able to swap that game out for you if you prefer as we would hate for you to be left with game you can't play.

Best of luck and thank you for working with us.

bfgBaikal

eskimo1203
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by eskimo1203 on Nov 23, 12 5:34 AM
I have downloaded the trial twice with the same result....I start the game and after the 2 “ads” (Big fish and developer), the game crashes. I checked for updates and need none. I am running on Mac 10.6.8.

catsrobe
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by catsrobe on Nov 25, 12 11:55 AM
There's something wrong with the skull puzzle. No matter what combination of faces I choose I can't find one with a red eye. I've looked at the original skull in the painting countless times to carefully study the configuration. I know I'm not that stupid!! Everything I tried failed to produce the correct combo and also show the red eye. I skipped the puzzle. There has to be a glitch in this puzzle! Very frustrating that I couldn't do what seemed like a very simple puzzle. Maybe I am just a dummy.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Nov 25, 12 12:43 PM
Hi eskimo1203 and catsrobe,

I think with both your issues the best thing to do is get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They have the tools to see how the game is running on your specific system and can work with you directly to figure out what's causing the trouble and get things resolved.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Dec 8, 12 8:48 PM
There was no gas mask outside the kitchen window where the beaver is!! Right now in my inventory I have a tomahawk, pliers and sword. I can't go anywhere else until I get the mask apparently because every hint says I have nothing else to be there for!!
Soo...does this mean dump & re-download?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 9, 12 1:21 AM
chillygirl wrote:There was no gas mask outside the kitchen window where the beaver is!! Right now in my inventory I have a tomahawk, pliers and sword. I can't go anywhere else until I get the mask apparently because every hint says I have nothing else to be there for!!
Soo...does this mean dump & re-download?

I'm not sure, chillygirl. Did you check the walkthrough to see that you have performed all tasks up to this point? For example, have you found the recipe?

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Dec 11, 12 7:35 PM
I did find the recipe WilJul. The walkthru pointed out a gas mask outside the window with the beaver that I didn't get. I'm thinking it must be a glitch & I'll have to start over.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 19, 12 9:26 AM
chillygirl wrote:I did find the recipe WilJul. The walkthru pointed out a gas mask outside the window with the beaver that I didn't get. I'm thinking it must be a glitch & I'll have to start over.

So sorry! I hope it works!

[Post New]by Chromie69 on Jan 13, 13 11:53 AM
Hi

I down loaded this game and I payed for it so once i get it down loaded and try to play the game, I click to play from the bf game manager it doesnt come on, so i try to click again and it says the game is running BUT its not???????

gremmie
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by gremmie on Aug 18, 13 6:30 AM
I have the same problem as chillygirl,No gas mask outside of window,The game stopped working at 1 point & had to restart at the point where it quit. But now I see will have to start the game from the very beginning-very disappointing to come this far & not to be able to continue because of this glitch. Hope it doesn't happen a 2nd time.

Also do not like the fact,that "get tips in the forum" is not readily available!!!!! I had to close down the complete game & then get back to the big fish sight & type in "game forums" just to get this problem spoken about. Not a "Happy Camper".

[Post New]by Tandib3 on Oct 1, 13 10:36 PM
I play this game on my iPad 2. In the Chernobyl chapter, after I cut the cage open & zoomed into the cage sceen, there was a plate, however, at that time, I did not realize what I needed to do with that plate so I kept looking around the scene further. However, after realizing that I needed to use that plate for my octopus cutter & candle, it would not let me access that area again. No matter what I try, I CAN NOT zoom into the plate again & therefor I am permanently prevented from completing this game unless I start over from the beginning & pray that I don't accidentally mess up again with the plate scene as it will only let me attempt this on the first try.

AuBrnPeach
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by AuBrnPeach on Nov 21, 13 3:19 PM
I am so upset that all of the NEW ERS games no longer work on my system....yet everything else does. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this game series. Blank screen. Not trying again, SO SCARED MADAME FATE WONT WORK.....LOOK FORWARD TO MY THANKSGIVING TREAT TO MYSELF!!!!! Why is this going on with ERS!!!!???? NOt doing a DR Felix again, It is pointless. Please BF remember your tried and true customers!!!!

[Post New]by jonpritch on Nov 23, 13 6:07 AM
Hello,

I played Revenge of Dr Blackmore and went through the unlock process. After lots of attempts and waiting for hours (re installing etc) all I get is the message '' purchase is being processed right now''

I have an IPAD 2 running IOS 7.0.4

I have been charged by itunes now.

I have also tried the 'already purchased' button but still get the same message 'purchase is being processed right now'

Please help!!!

I love the game so far and want to play the rest of it.....

Jonathan.

Go to: