bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Margrave: The Blacksmith's Daughter

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 20, 12 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Margrave: The Blacksmith's Daughter ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Margrave: The Blacksmith's Daughter page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Margrave: The Blacksmith's Daughter

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 20, 12 12:38 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 20, 12 12:39 AM
Hi Fishies,

I was just swimming by and wanted link to the reviews for Margrave: The Blacksmith's Daughter Collector's Edition in case that may help.

Reviews for Margrave: The Blacksmith's Daughter Collector's Edition

Also, to see more reviews, you can also visit the game page here!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 20, 12 1:31 AM
Morning, all...

There are 2 gameplay modes.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor.

There is voice-over.

There is a "Maintain Aspect Ratio" - if it works for you - great.

The HINT button is at the right. It only takes about 30 seconds in Easy mode to refill.

The MAP, which you will get a little into the game, is at the left, and can be used to jump a little further into the game. You first have to do certain things (open a certain door?) for the map to become interactive.

Edit about the map: Whoever mentioned in the CE forum that you can use the map a little further into the game to jump, was incorrect. I am pretty much into the game, but cannot use the map to jump. A real pity.

There are 2 parts to the INVENTORY. One is the usual one where objects are stored, and the other one is called Keepsakes Inventory, and keeps sketches that Edwina draws and which help with puzzles.
Click on the flower at the left of the Inventory, and the Inventory will switch from one to the other.

The HOS (hidden object scenes) are not interactive. I had trouble finding several items, because colourwise they are often too well disguised and blend in with the background, or they are so well hidden, that only a small part peeks out. Just as well the HINT button refills fast.

Puzzles can be skipped. The SKIP button fills fast as well.

--- --- ---

Honestly, I don't know why that boyfriend of hers puts up with her. She always gets into trouble, and is still always so cheery. *shudders*

The graphics are very nicely done, gameplay is nicely done, and story seems nicely done. LOL So I am off to buy this SE.

Edited on 10/24/2012 at 6:17:58 AM PST

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Oct 20, 12 4:02 AM
I agree with items being real hard to find, but lovely graphics and story ....................OFF TO BUY.................There is a CE which I passed for this game...............only 1 complaint someone talks to much(Olivia Newton John wanna to be, but isn't)

Edited on 10/20/2012 at 4:06:15 AM PST

[Post New]by Grandmajacky on Oct 20, 12 5:54 AM
I love the game, but had to photograph the memory games on my phone, this is because I have a very poor memory, (and not because I'm a cheat - honest).

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on Oct 20, 12 6:55 AM
I absolutely loved this game. So clever. I bought the CE which is rare for me. Played it twice. The puzzles were fun and different. I highly recommend buying the SE.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Oct 20, 12 7:17 AM
I actually had to delete the entire review I gave after the demo. This game has turned out to be a game players nightmare. There is a map, but it is NOT a jump map and this game sends you all over the place...I mean all over, from one end of the village to the other and then back again just to pick up one or two items or talk to something. I finally got so frustrated I had to give up....like...no more trips to the other side of the map...click, click, click...good thing I gave up my wireless mouse, I would have had to change batteries a dozen times.

I had to turn off all sounds because they drove me nuts...but the dialog still goes on and on, you cannot skip over it once you read it. The game seems to lag on itself...the games are the games from hell because the instructions don't explain anything clearly AND you need all these little things you collect to play them....At least the HINT and SKIP buttons refresh quickly....the only lifesaver.

The story is confusing and half the time you don't even know who you are talking to. I will never go back and finish this nightmare...if the map was a jump map it would really make the game work better...Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Nice graphics...that is about it...I totally lost track of the story. A 1 only.

Edited on 11/01/2012 at 4:04:10 PM PST

boogweez
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,280 Posts

[Post New]by boogweez on Oct 20, 12 3:27 PM
The concept seems catching, but the only way to play this game is with the sound OFF!!!! Her voice is sooooo annoying and it's constant. The puzzels I've come across so far are not hard, but you need to do the old trial and error method to figure them out because the info isn't really clear.

iasc
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by iasc on Oct 20, 12 5:40 PM
Her voice is very annoying but the various characters she meets along the way have hilarious accents so if you can put up with her, they are entertaining. I'm not happy with the ending though, I presume it's resolved in the CE edition? And I never collected all the strawberries...
Make sure to click on all the characters a few times to hear their extra lines, especially the goat, he's brilliant.

Edited on 10/20/2012 at 5:41:38 PM PST

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Oct 21, 12 7:31 AM
we must say, this is a pretty tuff one, you will need experiance to enjoy this one.-------------doug & lisa

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Oct 21, 12 1:22 PM
Really enjoyed the demo on this one. Very lovely graphics, and the music is soothing to listen to. Interesting story line, unique mini games, and some semi tough HOG scenes to find some items, but the challenge is great. Love the English-British accent too... I could listen to it all day long. This is a buy for me.

Edited on 10/21/2012 at 1:25:19 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 24, 12 8:15 AM
I have now finished the game (SE) and although I found all 60 strawberries, the book I was suppose to open on the main menu, didn't. I was told to find the 60 strawberries first. *sigh*

I thought there were a tad too many HOS, and I really wish the map could have been used to jump, because even though I did get a couple of short cuts later on, they didn't always help. There is a lot of ground to cover, and I didn't always know whether I took the right turn.

I also really dislike those card puzzles that are constantly added in the "Margrave" games. I also found the constellation puzzles boring. In fact, the puzzles on the whole were not very exciting.

Other than that (and the soppy ending), this was a really nice game.

Jaguar2357
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Jaguar2357 on Oct 26, 12 6:50 PM
Valdy wrote:Morning, all...

The MAP, which you will get a little into the game, is at the left, and can be used to jump a little further into the game. You first have to do certain things (open a certain door?) for the map to become interactive.

Edit about the map: Whoever mentioned in the CE forum that you can use the map a little further into the game to jump, was incorrect. I am pretty much into the game, but cannot use the map to jump. A real pity.

bessiegirl wrote:
Sparkles on the HOS, but not a lot of hints as to where to go otherwise, but you eventually acquire a map that is pretty helpful, but it is not a jump map so you do some clicking around. HINT button helps you out some.

More than half way through, the map jumps work the secret tunnels. Very nicely.

Edited on 10/26/2012 at 6:54:58 PM PST

nikma
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by nikma on Oct 29, 12 1:51 AM
gioco stupendo....musica molto bella,bella la storia e meravigliosa la grafica....mi è rimasto molto impresso,mi è successo raramente di trovare un gioco così coinvolgente....<3 l'unica cosa spiacevole è la voce narrante che accompagna costantemente il gioco. Mi sono pentita di non aver acquistato la CE.....consigliato...!!

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Nov 4, 12 11:43 AM
Valdy wrote:I have now finished the game (SE) and although I found all 60 strawberries, the book I was suppose to open on the main menu, didn't. I was told to find the 60 strawberries first. *sigh*

I thought there were a tad too many HOS, and I really wish the map could have been used to jump, because even though I did get a couple of short cuts later on, they didn't always help. There is a lot of ground to cover, and I didn't always know whether I took the right turn.

I also really dislike those card puzzles that are constantly added in the "Margrave" games. I also found the constellation puzzles boring. In fact, the puzzles on the whole were not very exciting.

Other than that (and the soppy ending), this was a really nice game.

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Nov 4, 12 11:52 AM
What was the purpose of the strawberries ? I did not get them all so I guess I will never find out !
Agree HER VOICE it spoiled what I thought was one of the best games for a long time, but I had to keep the sound on as I loved all the various accents !!!
Great graphics really enjoyed the parade, puzzles fun ( I love memory games) music bearable, I spent many happy hours on this game,, as I took time to enjoy the images and pick those strawberries !! looking for more from this dev I have played one other Margrave.

pamipets
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by pamipets on Nov 13, 12 6:00 AM
I hope this post is going in the correct spot. It only gives the option to "reply"... I just want to make a post in the review thread.

Margrave: Blacksmith's Daughter: SE (I stopped payin' double for CE's many moons ago. what for?? wallpapers? strategy guide?? walkthroughs are free everywhere.. plus, when you own 100's of games, less is better for the hard drive.)

Great game. Off the beaten path and different from the same ol', same ol'
WHY isn't the map interactive?? What a bummer. It would've been a 5 star game if not for that..., imo.

SweetSuki
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by SweetSuki on Nov 18, 12 5:08 PM
I really enjoyed this game. Very long with lots of puzzles. Took me around 6-7 hours to complete. And if you collect all 60 strawberries it unlocks a book on the main menu which tells you the back story of the cyclops characters.

I didn't find her voice annoying, but I can see how some could. I've played all the other Margrave games so I suppose I knew what to expect in that respect.

Lots of back and forth... I too wish the map would have let you jump from place to place and there were places I was told to go I had no idea of their location so you really have to study the map and find a point of reference to get you there.

Overall a great game!

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Nov 30, 12 2:41 PM

Edited on 12/03/2012 at 10:32:21 AM PST

Go to: