bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Nancy Drew: Alibi in Ashes technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 20, 12 12:41 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Game crashing before it starts

[Post New]by JacobsMommy0802 on Oct 23, 12 12:58 PM
The game fails during the DirectX installation. Tried rebooting and reinstalling the game multiple times with no luck. I have Win7 and DirectX 11 on my PC. How do I get around this?
Thank you for your help!

Edited on 10/23/2012 at 12:59:25 PM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:Post any Nancy Drew: Alibi in Ashes technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 23, 12 1:23 PM
Hi JacobsMommy0802 ,

Welcome to the Pond! Some games, including Nancy Drew: Alibi in Ashes, require a certain version of DirectX in order to play. If you're experiencing problems getting that version to install correctly when you download the game, please let our Tech Support Team know what's happening. They can work on getting that installed correctly so you can enjoy the game. You can also take a look at our help article here that offers some tips on updating programs that may help:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by lesliehardee on Oct 23, 12 3:15 PM
There is no sound when I play, and the closed captioning runs so fast I can't read it.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 23, 12 3:35 PM
Hi lesliehardee,

Welcome to the Pond, and I'm sorry to hear that you're running into that problem with the sound. One thing that may help is to uninstall and reinstall the game. You can find more information on doing that here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you're noticing that the sound is still missing after doing that, please let our Tech Support Team know and they can take a look at why that's happening.

Hopefully they can get you back to gaming with sound quickly!

bfgSeine

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Nov 17, 12 10:01 AM
Tried to install the game for a second time (a hassle at 1.3 G , but my problem persists:

The screen is flashing. Meaning, the picture alternates between the regular screen and a black screen every second or faster. The Big Fish start screen plays normal (albeit it seems a bit small, like 1020*780 or so). Looks like the game tries to adjust to full screen but fails. Is there anything I can do?

joancast
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by joancast on Dec 14, 12 7:57 AM
It sounds like some of you need to scan and defrag your PC's. I learned that it was most of the problem downloading and playing games. I do it regularly now and hardly ever have these kinds of problems. I used to have all the same exact problems with games. I suggest if you don;t know how to do it, ask someone to help you. Good luck. ; )

onelifesdream
Flounder
Flounder
2,271 Posts

[Post New]by onelifesdream on Sep 20, 13 9:36 AM
Is anyone else having issues with the map not showing names of places you are supposed to go? I had to go to youtube to look at the video walkthrough near the beginning where you have to go to Pancake City. On the video it shows it is near the Mall to the right. Nothing I mouse over shows Pancake City. Even if I hover right over the exact location it is supposed to be. I've hovered over every single building on the map just in case it was a different location for everyone and it is not anywhere else either. I can't play if I can't go to all the places I am supposed to go. I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that works before contacting BFG. Too bad ND games don't have a trial or I'd have not purchased this game.

[Post New]by jbrown149 on Mar 7, 14 7:17 PM
I'm having an issue with the game not allowing me to complete a task. I am supposed to get a fire sample from the burned thermostat in the town hall, but the game won't let me collect it. I have the glass vial sample container, but nothing happens when I try to use it on or around the thermostat. Not sure what to try. Suggestions? I'm playing on a Macbook Pro.

Edited on 03/07/2014 at 7:17:57 PM PST

Go to: