bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Mystery Trackers: Four Aces Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 20, 12 12:55 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: Four Aces Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Oct 23, 12 5:18 AM
The previous tech issues thread was locked when the new PC version came out, but the Mac issues (some quite serious) have not yet been fixed.

Also a link in that last post in that thread ( by bfgBaikal ) http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/80/225929.page#4733280
For more info on this update, just click here!
does not work. It just keeps you on that page.

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: Four Aces Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by NancySusan on Oct 24, 12 1:02 PM
I actually finished this game the same day the new version came out, so I haven't downloaded the "fixed' version yet, but my problems with this game were the same I usually have with Elephant and they are depressingly consistent: the hint boxes, the boxes which describe items in the inventory, and boxes which show direction you're moving in are sometimes blank -- i.e., no text. If I hadn't had the SG, I would have had no idea what was going on or what to do. I also had an oddity: about 3/4 of the way through the game and once in the bonus game, the background of a scene showed up as white, but the scene I had zeroed in on was normal. and I was able to continue, but that was worrying. One of the last mini-games in the bonus game was also verrrry sloooow for the cursor. Otherwise, great game. But I would love it if the blank box problem was fixed -- I've been complaining about this since Raincliff.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Oct 24, 12 8:43 PM
This game will not play correctly on MacBook Pro with Intel HD 3000 graphics. Blank video screens, flickering screens, blank text boxes.

[Post New]by Alaskagirrrl on Oct 24, 12 10:18 PM
There is some kind of programming glich in the safe with the flower combination lock in the Belfry. It worked fine the first time I found it. I was able to push the petals and they would light up as they were pushed. I hadn't found the combination at that time and so couldn't access the contents of the safe. When I came back to this puzzled later in the game and had found the combination I am unable to activate the petals at all. The one that is lit when I arrive at the puzzle shuts off when I try to activate it and none of the other petals activate when pressed. I have read that there is nothing in the safe except the poker chips that are used to purchase the dog treats. I've decided to move on and hope that there will be a fix in the future.

iamshiva
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by iamshiva on Oct 25, 12 1:31 PM
the curssor is floaty & slow.

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Oct 26, 12 12:31 AM
I did post in the chit chat corner forum for some help. I asked if anybody had a save game file for this game as ours became corrupted and all saves lost. A moderator decided to move the post (but it isn't here). This is the only problem I have with BF. I posted it in the chit chat forum so it would be seen by more people. Now it has supposedly been moved nobody will see it and my request will go blow in the wind. If I had wanted it in this forum, then that's where I would have put it. I see the justification of 'keeping things nice and tidy' as unnecessary interference. Please don't try and explain to me why it isn't, I understand why it is done, I just see it as a negative and unhelpful thing.
I shall now just forget the game, put it down to experience and move on.

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Oct 27, 12 1:41 AM
Hi Fishies

I'm sorry to see that you're having or had troubles to play this game.

RyeMcLaughlin,oops sorry about that, it has now been updated, thanks for the heads up!

NancySusan, if you're seeing blank boxes instead of hints and items description, it might be a good idea to update the graphic softwares Flash and Shockwave. You can also find help regarding the white background in the help article here.

mcurty, it looks like it could be some display issue, and running updates could help in this case. Please get in touch with our Mac Support Team so they can collect some information about what you're experiencing and work with you directly to get this resolved.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Alaskagirrrl, if you are unable to activate the petals a second time, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the game, as this can help sometimes. I understand that you've decided to move on this time, but this could be a good thing to try in case it happens again.

iamshiva, if the cursor is floaty and slow, it may still help to check for graphic updates, you can find some help here. I'd also try changing from the game's custom cursor, by choosing to use the "system cursor" in the Settings Menu instead.

nomatt, I'm sorry to hear that, after checking your post in the Chit Chat Corner I could see that it was moved to the game Forum and locked as a Tech issue because we already have a dedicated tech thread for this game.

Unfortunately we are unable to merge threads so this is our way to keep track of tech issues. If you would like some assistance with the save issue that you're seeing, you can contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page, one of our Reps will be happy to help you.

Good luck.

bfgTokoro

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Oct 27, 12 4:12 AM
Just to add my voice - I'm playing on a MacBook Pro - I didnt actually even play yet - first the part where it asks to enter your name malfunctioned & then...well I'm not positive that the voiceover part at the very beginning was NOT supposed to be all black, but then on the very 1st screen that I did see I couldnt see all of whatever was supposed to be there!
So I suppose there are at least 58 minutes of demo time remaining.
Is there a fix to this?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 30, 12 10:57 AM
Hi Yaelle,

Thanks for letting us know that you're running into trouble on your MacBook. We'd like to collect more information about the way the game is running on those kind of operating systems and the specific issues that are coming up.

If you haven't already done so, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team and send them a Dr. Felix Report for the game. These reports not only show us if there are some adjustments that can be made to your computer, but they also give us very valuable information about the game itself - the sort of information we need to help pinpoint where the issue is coming from and even how it might be fixed.

You can read more about how to contact Tech Support Team with that info in the post we've created here.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

HolyCarp
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by HolyCarp on Nov 1, 12 2:50 PM
well,, add me to the list that went to the 'store', screen turned black, had to task mgr (which took awhile) went to play again and all progress lost. Was pretty far into game so I got refund. this was second build, btw. bummer, thot it was a pretty fun game.

smce
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by smce on Nov 4, 12 7:12 PM
I also had my entire progress in the game lost. I am about three quarters done with the game(at least) and when i went to play tonight i got a message that said my saved data was corrupt and the file deleted. i am very upset!! I have put a lot of time into playing this game and it is frustrating to have all my work/effort lost. I do not want to have to replay the entire game . it is not fun or enjoyable to play a game again when you already know the answers and storyline. These games are supposed to be enjoyable , slowly they are just becoming stressful wondering if there will be a problem in each one i purchase. this is the third game in a row i have had a major problem with. i used to love BFG for their quality gaming. i dont feel like replaying game... boring. i also know i can get a refund but thats lousy too. then all my time is for nothing i never get closure and find out how the game ends. What i would like is a way to get back into the game where i originally left off.

purpleeye
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by purpleeye on Nov 14, 12 9:18 PM
I was a bit slow getting the new MT game. It was available for Mac OCT 11 or so. I didn't download and purchase it until Nov 11.

Since I have a new computer (2011 13" MBP) with a new OS (Mountain Lion), I made sure to check the game page for compatibility with Mountain Lion before purchasing.

Which leads to my first question -- why wasn't there a warning on the page regarding Mac laptop users with Intel HD graphics cards (3/4000)? This issue was reported before Nov 11. Yes, it's a maintenance issue adding warnings to game pages; but consider the (online) store Nordstrom. They will add notes to products (like shoes) that have known [fit] issues. I'm quite confident Nordstrom has many more products available then BFG has games available.

Or, alternatively, why isn't there a dedicated location in the forums for known issues [that have been reported to the developer]. Instead, issues are reported repeatedly in variety of locations. Who knows where and if users will be informed of a fix available.

And since I'm already complaining, why aren't developer/publisher names on the game pages? (rhetorical question)

Competition is a silly excuse; if one knows enough to get to the BFG webpage, they know enough to find BFG competitors without knowing a single developer name.

So now there is a problem with games from the developer Elephant games and the video card in my machine. Instead of simply checking the game pages to see if they are from the same publisher, I have to do a search for each unplayed game I have to find the publisher and see if they likely have the same problem.

/rant

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Nov 23, 12 4:40 PM
i was almost finished with the game, clicked on something, and my screen froze. i had to cold boot. when i logged back in to play, i got a message that i was corrupt and so i got deleted.

margit50
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by margit50 on Nov 23, 12 7:52 PM
I was almost at the end of the game, went into the store and bought something, when I went back to the game I had black screen. Had to ctrl/alt/del out of it. When I went back into the game it started me all the way from the beginning again. I did uninstall and reinstall, but all game progress was lost.

[Post New]by texasbob on Dec 1, 12 9:53 PM
mcurty wrote:This game will not play correctly on MacBook Pro with Intel HD 3000 graphics. Blank video screens, flickering screens, blank text boxes.

Same for me except I'm using an 11" MacBook Air. I've downloaded the game twice but no change in gameplay.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 15, 12 11:11 AM
Hey Fishies,

It's never fun when a game stops working. I'm so sorry to hear about that!

If you haven't already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game that can sometimes help get those needed files back in order.

For those black screen, crashing, and freezing issues, I would recommend checking out some of the suggested settings and updates here.

If there are still issues in the game, though, please be sure to contact Tech Support and let them know. One of our reps will be happy to work with you one-on-one and take a look!

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

Hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

lyrialice
Elephantfish
Elephantfish
55,156 Posts

[Post New]by lyrialice on Dec 19, 12 1:36 PM
I was on chapter 2 visited the store bought something, when I went back to the game I had a black screen. Had to ctrl/alt/del out of it.

When I went back into the game it wanted me to start at the beginning.

Graphics software was recently updated as was all software drivers.

It was the newer version as well.

Not feeling cheerful

1stkam
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by 1stkam on Dec 20, 12 2:00 PM
I just started this game today and cannot go any farther than the lair. Hint says to take the medallion in the fireplace, but it also says I need lubrication to open the lock. I have read the strategy guide 3 times and no where does it say anything about getting some kind of lubrication to move the lock, it merely says go to fireplace and take medallion. I'm stuck in the lair and very frustrated. any suggestions?

Carol21950
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Carol21950 on Aug 4, 13 7:43 AM
I'm playing on an iPad, and have reached the point at which Elf is trapped in the cage in the museum. I am supposed to call James for help on the video phone, but need 4 new batteries to make the phone work, and I only have 3 of them. There is a battery in a broken street lamp outside, but I have no way to reach it.

The SG is no help at all, since it thinks that last battery came out of the cage when Elf went in.

So, now what do I do?

Go to: