Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD October 21 2012

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Oct 21, 12 12:44 AM
Any comments fishes?

Re:Todays DD October 21 2012

[Post New]by Butterflyshrimp on Oct 21, 12 5:30 AM
Love this game. An adventure game that has the most satisfying ending I've played in a game yet. Good storyline, clear crisp graphics, scenery, music, characters, humor, not overloaded with HOS or Puzzles. SG is not needed. The hint button is very generous and recharges fast. Love the animals and other "special characters". Has a Journal and map. Map tells you where something is needed to be done. Love everything about this game and replay it often. I played the Standard Edition (SE). It's a steal at $2.99.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Oct 21, 12 8:42 AM
As I said in my review I loved it.

I will add that when I played it which was ages ago, if you are comparing times with my recent reviews it may not be the same. As recently I seem to have gotten a bit faster but it's not a short game IMO. It's a bargain at $2.99. It's not hard either.

JerryInWales
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by JerryInWales on Oct 21, 12 1:19 PM
Can't quite decide on this one. Graphics beautiful, didn't try the sound, but somehow the game seems rather shapeless. Active map is good, but after trying the hour I was not through the gates yet, and with little idea how the story was going. Maybe the goals were being set too far ahead: here's a puzzle but you won't know for 1/2 hour where to find the pieces you need. One puzzle was just luck: pressure gauge by the blacksmith had 3 buttons and a pointer but no indication of how to "play". I just pushed and clicked until suddenly it worked: I still don't know why.

So probably NO for this game.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Oct 21, 12 5:14 PM
JerryInWales wrote:Can't quite decide on this one. Graphics beautiful, didn't try the sound, but somehow the game seems rather shapeless. Active map is good, but after trying the hour I was not through the gates yet, and with little idea how the story was going. Maybe the goals were being set too far ahead: here's a puzzle but you won't know for 1/2 hour where to find the pieces you need. One puzzle was just luck: pressure gauge by the blacksmith had 3 buttons and a pointer but no indication of how to "play". I just pushed and clicked until suddenly it worked: I still don't know why.

So probably NO for this game.

Possible spoiler: Did you look in the book a few pages back for the hint?

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Oct 21, 12 10:08 PM
I think that this game is well worth $2.99. I enjoyed the voiceovers and story. The graphics were beautiful, but I did find that I had some trouble locating hidden objects. A few items in the HOg scenes were quite small, and very well blended with the scenery. However, if I recall correctly, the hint recharges in about a minute, playing in casual mode. Outside of Hog scenes, the hint will direct you to read the journal for important information in order to complete an objective. I did not find that to be cumbersome or take away from the flow and enjoyment of the game. The hint often directs you to the map, which does let you know where objectives need to be completed. However, you cannot use the map to directly re-locate to the area needed. You must navigate your own way through, but I found that to be quite easy in this game. Puzzles can be skipped, but I found them be mostly enjoyable to play and relaxing. Overall, another very nice DD from BFG. Give it a try if you don't already have it. It's well worth the time to check it out, and well worth the DD price.

JerryInWales
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by JerryInWales on Oct 22, 12 3:15 AM
Thanks tj1147, I hadn't thought of that Still, I've used my 60 mins now, so not this time. There have been a lot of good DDs this month so far, getting quite expensive!

Go to: