deksy
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

stars

[Post New]by deksy on Oct 21, 12 12:21 PM
I love this game but I have collected 36 stars in fame mode and you have to have 40 to get any further can anyone tell me what I have to do I have completed all the levels.

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Re:stars

[Post New]by crypsynight on Oct 23, 12 2:52 AM
Down the bottom of the screen that has the 12 games played is 5 stars. Click onto the second star and it takes you to the next board.

My problem is that I've finished all 5 boards, and it says '20 stars to next level'...but can't work out how to get to the next game to earn the stars.

[Post New]by kraftypixie on Nov 22, 12 12:35 AM
There are tassels at the top of the screen. Clicking on the left one takes you back a board, clicking on th right on takes you forward a board. If that was not the issue, then you need to go back & score 3 stars on every game on the board. The difference of this game vs a normal mah jong game is that your goal is to uncover & combine the 2 black tiles ASAP. I tend to relax & replay the level a few times, til I get the 3rd star. I think in the early games you need to be under 5 minutes. In the later boards I believe that you also need to score a certain amount. I combine identical season tiles to do this. Hope that helps!

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on May 3, 13 2:07 PM
crypsynight wrote:Down the bottom of the screen that has the 12 games played is 5 stars. Click onto the second star and it takes you to the next board.

My problem is that I've finished all 5 boards, and it says '20 stars to next level'...but can't work out how to get to the next game to earn the stars.

I accidently found out that there are a lot more boards available than I had thought:
for each star at the bottom of the page, there are several pages under each star.
You can move from group to group by clicking on one of the stars; within each starred page, click the right hand tassel to find more pages under that star.

pamhamlet
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by pamhamlet on Jan 5, 14 7:50 PM
Alvertis5706 above is correct. In Fame mode, at the bottom of the screen are five gold stars. Each one represents a "cluster" of 10 pages of layouts, for that star, showing 12 layouts per page. To get to the next page, simply click on the right-hand red tassel to go forward (or click the left-hand one to go back) to see the next page's layout (of twelve).

Clicking on the gold stars at the bottom just makes it easier to "fast forward" through the pages. At 50 pages of 12 layouts each, there are a total of 600 layouts to play in Fame mode. This is the setup:

Star 1: Pages 1-10 (twelve layouts per page)
Star 2: Pages 11-20
Star 3: Pages 21-30
Star 4: Pages 31-40
Star 5: Pages 41-50
TOTAL: 600 layouts in Fame mode

I did not check every single page, but I doubt whether any of the layouts repeat. Note that Fame-mode layouts are in addition to the regular 3 daily mah jong layouts provided (which total over 1,000 if you play 3 per day for the year). All combined, this means hundreds of layouts and many many hours' worth of mah jong to play!

Hope this helps clear up the confusion.

Go to: