bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for 'dillos

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 22, 12 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of 'dillos? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the 'dillos page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

Re:Reviews for 'dillos

[Post New]by lackoo on Oct 22, 12 1:15 AM
It's a logic / puzzle game .

Pros:
+ graphics ( screen resolution settings , visual quality , fullscreen / windowed mode ) and controls can be configured via a separate game launcher

Cons :
- 3D graphics ( i don't like it , maybe i'm too " oldschool " )
- music and sounds ( luckily both can be turned off )

Buy it as a $2.99 daily deal .

Edited on 10/22/2012 at 1:19:26 AM PST

chiari_survivor
Catfish
Catfish
1,506 Posts

[Post New]by chiari_survivor on Oct 22, 12 2:33 AM
'dillos .....as in Armadillos. The evil Constructo Corp has started building on top of the dillos peaceful homes. The armadillos are fighting back with dynamite! In the first level of 10 boards their plan is that the Constructo Corp's gas station will go KABOOM!
Each game board needs to have dynamite buried at each X, plus it needs to be buried by an armadillo of the same color as the X. Each game board has rocks, cactus, ants & X's of various colors (red, blue yellow & green). The arrows on the sides of the game board are where dillo's can be placed to roll down the row until they come to an obstacle in their way. The cactus can be cleared with lightning but the rocks can not. Your job is to use the least amt of dillos to set the dynamite & collect as many ants as you can as well as using the least amt of lightning "energy" as possible. You roll armadillos from alternating sides. The strategy is that you use the cactus and rocks as points to stop the armadillo prior to clearing the cactus, as well as not blocking your route to continue collecting the ants & burying the dynamite from the other side/ direction. Holes can be filled with any colored armadillo & another dillo can then roll over the top of them or even stand on their heads if need be.
The 3D graphics are more like 2D & cartoon. The options pg includes music & sfx. Game includes 40 levels to be strategically solved using multi colored armadillos bouncing their heads to the strumming music. I could not get the music low enough. The game is being released for both Mac & PC, req 126 MB hard drive&1024 RAM. When I first started the game I did have a configuration box pop up to set the graphics, screen resolution as well as 6 different levels of graphic quality, which did seem rather funny once I saw that we were going to be playing a cartoon of colored armadillos, not some high end game where the graphic settings would actually make a difference in the players gaming exp. Very little instruction is given. I did finally see the 1pg of basic instructions. A couple times there was a box that popped up as a tutorial but quickly disappeared. The head shakes that the dillos do after you make a move, makes it look like they are saying you made a bad choice of moves, though several times, I still won so I doubt there is meant to be a message here. Game is good for those who like puzzles/strategy but in sm doses as the music is grating & play becomes boring as in doing the same thing on a different board.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 22, 12 2:45 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

oldyafer
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by oldyafer on Oct 22, 12 4:42 PM
The instructions are so poor that I can't complete level 2. What is the opposite of user friendly? Sad, this could be a good game but once again it has been rushed to market. Epic fail.

JCDRSD
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by JCDRSD on Oct 22, 12 6:18 PM
I too was disappointed in this game. The graphics are nice, music is annoying, but the biggest problem is there is no tutorial and I managed to get to level 3 before I got too frustrated to continue. If strategy/board games is your thing, this may be for you, but too tedious for me. No buy. Still waiting for a good TM game to be released, I'll save my credits for that.

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

Yah or Nah?

[Post New]by Nilosh on Oct 23, 12 12:46 AM
This is my very first logic/puzzle that I have played so my review is completely baised. I have no idea what these games are like and I have never been a fan of games where your brain starts to hurt after a while. Feeling rather whimsical this morning, I was intrigued at the the game description and decided to download it just to see what the hype was all about with regard to puzzles/logic games. There wasn't much of a story to start off with and from what I can tell of the opening cutscene, a group of very cute armadillos are being invaded by a constuction company and they are out to stop them. I loved the crisp 3D graphics even if they are outdated and I especially loved the cute little 'dillos. All of them just standing around and waiting for me to play my first move on what appeared to be a chess board with colored X marks on them. After having read the instructions, I felt stupid because I was still clueless as to how the game was played. Nevertheless I decided to continue onward and proceeded to play the first level. After several attempts and a series of trial and error (thank God there was a re-play button), the fog began to lift and I had that amazing AH AH moment. I actually got this game! I understood the logic and much to my surprise, I was actually enjoying myself. After having played several rounds and feeling enormously clever about the whole thing, I decided that perhaps I wasn't as stupid as I thought I was. That feeling lasted only a few minutes, that is until I got to level 6. I was totally misled by the simplicity behind the game mechanics and it wasn't until I got through the first five boards that I realised that this wasn't as easy as it appeared and much to my chargrain, I wasn't as clever as I thought I was. Gradually after 6 failed attempts at level 6, my level of frustration began to peak at which I then decided: NOPE, I was right, I am just not one for logic and strategy games. However, I am not one to give up so easily and I am all for trying something new, expanding your horizions and what not. SOooo I will buy this game and if it takes me all night, I will attempt to at least finish level 6 and get those dastardly 'dillos in their right place! So as it is written in the game, the question remains, is it a nah or a yah? I suppose those who are use to these type of games are rolling their eyes and thinking what an absolutely idiot I am for not understanding this game in the first place. The only thing I can say, dont take my word for it and do try the demo.

[Post New]by Scarletraven on Oct 23, 12 1:05 PM
I liked the graphics and that you're helping the armadillos. There are instructions in the main menu. The rocks and later shopping carts are permanent obstacles.

I must admit at first I wasn't sure and almost left after 10 minutes, but I made myself do it, since it's good for the brain to do things it isn't good at or used to sometimes.

After a while it does become very satisfying to complete a level. It really grew on me. I'm hoping it comes out as a Daily Deal.

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Oct 23, 12 6:45 PM
This is quite a "brainy" game. Its not too difficult to plant the bombs, but there are 2 yicks

a) You cant determine the direction of the arrows, so that you can used the least dillos and get the most ants. I suppose thats where the game differs in that in puts in this challenge. What irks me is that the arrows are either facing u, towards towards the centre of the board, or pointing upwards to the board, but you cant switch whether to point centre or upwards. Its ok that there are 2 directions, upwards or centre, but not able to switch these is really a pain in the neck or somewhere south

b) There is no extra lightning or other bonus for you to buy or accumulate even if u got a perfect for that game, which is pretty frustrating, As the planning is not that easy to get to all the "X" and plant the bombs

Last but not least, there are not a lot of instructions or guide to the game, the first game starts off with pointing a cursor at a dillo, then pointing a cursor at a "X", At the 2nd game, I was wondering why the dillo didnt plant the bomb even when he landed on an "X", and it took me 10secs to realised that the "X" is color coded much like the dillos, and the same color dillo had to land on that color coded "X" to plant the bomb!

It would have been enjoyable if there is a walkthrough. Graphics is great and the characters are super cute (BTW I certainly dont want this as a pet, I meant an animal that plants bombs).

SPOILERS ALERT...GAME POLICE ON PATROL
A small tip, if the dillo rolls into a hole, another dillo has to roll onto of it, to form a "blockage". This strategy is needed for harder levels whereby you had to "fill" the hole with a dillo, in order to reach the "X", eg when the "X" spot is behind the hole and not reachable via either directional arrows. Play the trial and you will find this out for yourself

Name aside, you wont want to kiss these animals, but game wise it is worth planting or rather "destroying" a stamp to get it.

[Post New]by saund477 on Oct 23, 12 11:43 PM
oldyafer wrote:The instructions are so poor that I can't complete level 2. What is the opposite of user friendly? Sad, this could be a good game but once again it has been rushed to market. Epic fail.

I thought it looked like a cute game, so I downloaded it to check it out. Got through the first level, then on level 2 I got so frustrated that I gave up. The instructions do not explain 'how' to play the game well enough. Just a quick flash of a picture at the beginning of level 2 that is suppose to show us how to use the dillos?

Developers didn't spend enough time on the instructions. It would have helped a lot.

riefer
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by riefer on Oct 27, 12 6:46 PM
For everyone complaining about instructions, just click the ? on the main screen, and there you go. I found it to be pretty clear.

The game is fun, I'm definitely going to buy it. It's not too hard, but I'm one of those people who just can't stand not getting perfect on every level, so that makes it tougher. It's a good logic puzzle game, and I like that it's not timed so I can play it at my own pace.

lottelein
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

One of your post has been edited

[Post New]by lottelein on Nov 1, 12 7:53 AM
I really enjoyed this game until I go to the "Moon" level. [Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 11/07/2012 at 5:21:52 AM PST

Go to: