Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

Yah or Nah?

[Post New]by Nilosh on Oct 22, 12 6:25 AM
This is my very first logic/puzzle that I have played so my review is completely baised. I have no idea what these games are like and I have never been a fan of games where your brain starts to hurt after a while. Feeling rather whimsical this morning, I was intrigued at the the game description and decided to download it just to see what the hype was all about with regard to puzzles/logic games. There wasn't much of a story to start off with and from what I can tell of the opening cutscene, a group of very cute armadillos are being invaded by a constuction company and they are out to stop them. I loved the crisp 3D graphics even if they are outdated and I especially loved the cute little 'dillos. All of them just standing around and waiting for me to play my first move on what appeared to be a chess board with colored X marks on them. After having read the instructions, I felt stupid because I was still clueless as to how the game was played. Nevertheless I decided to continue onward and proceeded to play the first level. After several attempts and a series of trial and error (thank God there was a re-play button), the fog began to lift and I had that amazing AH AH moment. I actually got this game! I understood the logic and much to my surprise, I was actually enjoying myself. After having played several rounds and feeling enormously clever about the whole thing, I decided that perhaps I wasn't as stupid as I thought I was. That feeling lasted only a few minutes, that is until I got to level 6. I was totally misled by the simplicity behind the game mechanics and it wasn't until I got through the first five boards that I realised that this wasn't as easy as it appeared and much to my chargrain, I wasn't as clever as I thought I was. Gradually after 6 failed attempts at level 6, my level of frustration began to peak at which I then decided: NOPE, I was right, I am just not one for logic and strategy games. However, I am not one to give up so easily and I am all for trying something new, expanding your horizions and what not. SOooo I will buy this game and if it takes me all night, I will attempt to at least finish level 6 and get those dastardly 'dillos in their right place! So as it is written in the game, the question remains, is it a nah or a yah? I suppose those who are use to these type of games are rolling their eyes and thinking what an absolutely idiot I am for not understanding this game in the first place. The only thing I can say, dont take my word for it and do try the demo.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Re:Yah or Nah?

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 22, 12 3:42 PM
Hi Nilosh,

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with the Pond! We always appreciate Fishy feedback on one of our new games.

We do already have a thread that we're dedicating to reviews here. We like to keep the feedback for the game all together in this thread to make it easier for other Fishies to find when they're thinking about getting the game.

Also, the game developers may or may not see your thoughts here in a separate thread, but we are able to collect the review threads and the game page reviews for them so they will definitely see the feedback that is posted there.

I'm going to go ahead and lock this separate thread now, but I hope you'll repost your thoughts in that other thread as well.

Thanks again!

bfgMonongahela

Go to: